Campbell County vs. Oak Ridge - Week 3

boyfromsi

4 minutes ago, JNewman said:

When Gaddis returned to Oak Ridge in 2013, he discovered that the Wildcats were in good shape---but not great shape. It was a lot different than when he came in 1988. That 2013 season was the only "rebuilding year" Oak Ridge will have under Gaddis. We ended up losing 4 games that year. The two district games we lost were Anderson County and Campbell County. For AC--it was the second win over OR in school history. For CC---it was their first and only win in school history.

The next year---Campbell County brought most of that team (that beat OR in 2013) back. And they lost 24-8 to Oak Ridge. 2015 and 2016 saw Oak Ridge pound the Cougars pretty badly. Last year, Campbell County caught Oak Ridge at the exact right moment of the year and had their best opportunity to get Oak Ridge for a second time in school history in the 2017 season. That did not happen. They won't get that same opportunity this year. Having to play a good Oak Ridge team at Blankenship is not an easy task.  

The big thing to remember though is that Farragut comes to Blankenship next week. And they didn't just win last year---they embarrassed the Wildcats. I don't honestly think Farragut was better than Oak Ridge overall---but they definitely were the night we played! That could play in Campbell County's favor. The seniors on this year's teams were in 7th grade when Campbell County stunned Oak Ridge (2013). That can play a factor. These Seniors have never lost to CC and the seniors at Campbell County have never beaten Oak Ridge. I worry that the Wildcats could be looking ahead a bit and get caught off guard. But I don't think it's enough for the Cougars to get their first ever win over OR at Blankenship. 

OR: 35
CC: 14

Very good post and your thoughts on things are very interesting..........

4 hours ago, JNewman said:

When Gaddis returned to Oak Ridge in 2013, he discovered that the Wildcats were in good shape---but not great shape. It was a lot different than when he came in 1988. That 2013 season was the only "rebuilding year" Oak Ridge will have under Gaddis. We ended up losing 4 games that year. The two district games we lost were Anderson County and Campbell County. For AC--it was the second win over OR in school history. For CC---it was their first and only win in school history.

The next year---Campbell County brought most of that team (that beat OR in 2013) back. And they lost 24-8 to Oak Ridge. 2015 and 2016 saw Oak Ridge pound the Cougars pretty badly. Last year, Campbell County caught Oak Ridge at the exact right moment of the year and had their best opportunity to get Oak Ridge for a second time in school history in the 2017 season. That did not happen. They won't get that same opportunity this year. Having to play a good Oak Ridge team at Blankenship is not an easy task.  

The big thing to remember though is that Farragut comes to Blankenship next week. And they didn't just win last year---they embarrassed the Wildcats. I don't honestly think Farragut was better than Oak Ridge overall---but they definitely were the night we played! That could play in Campbell County's favor. The seniors on this year's teams were in 7th grade when Campbell County stunned Oak Ridge (2013). That can play a factor. These Seniors have never lost to CC and the seniors at Campbell County have never beaten Oak Ridge. I worry that the Wildcats could be looking ahead a bit and get caught off guard. But I don't think it's enough for the Cougars to get their first ever win over OR at Blankenship. 

OR: 35
CC: 14

Trust me....Gaddis and the rest of the coaching staff will not allow this team to overlook CC. 

If OR can get their paws on the game film of the CC/DC game, DC will show you how to stop CC's offense. DC was ALL OVER CC's passing game. One busted coverage in the game resulted in CC's only score and that came very late in the game.

Good luck Wildcats, but I think with your speed and athleticism, this one shouldn't be close.

2 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Trust me....Gaddis and the rest of the coaching staff will not allow this team to overlook CC. 

If OR can get their paws on the game film of the CC/DC game, DC will show you how to stop CC's offense. DC was ALL OVER CC's passing game. One busted coverage in the game resulted in CC's only score and that came very late in the game.

Good luck Wildcats, but I think with your speed and athleticism, this one shouldn't be close.

DC definitely figured something out. CC hadn't been held to single digits since OR shut them out back in 2016.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

DC definitely figured something out. CC hadn't been held to single digits since OR shut them out back in 2016.

DC was getting their hands up and batting down alot of balls at the line of scrimmage, plus when CC would try a bubble screen DC was ALL over it. Their scouting report was on point! 

CC bubble game was stuffed, but made some nice adjustments by hitting the slant a few times. Though CC would try and run the ball a lil more.

Give DC props, the D has been Good this year. Athletes on the outside and good LB play. The D front has played solid as well.

There is some excitement in Jonesborough.

CC is well Coached. Good Luck the rest of the year

23 hours ago, wingman10 said:

Go Cats..play hard

Thanks again Wingman!

Ok, good news and bad news Wildcat fans. I have found the Campbell County vs David Crockett game from last week. The Cougars loose. It is on YouTube. Hooray for Willie. Now the bad news, the only way I know how to share is to type https://www.youtube.com/watch?vzsrLb0Sg6rBA&t=1317s   . Willie SUCKS!

I would recommend you search youtube for David Crockett vs Campbell County 2018 before typing that long address in.

Now for information that is not worth reporting...according to MAXPREP Campbell County is ranked in America at #6113 and #130 in Tennessee. Oak Ridge is ranked 130 Nationally and #8 in the State. No telling how they come up with these rankings

13 hours ago, oridgecat said:

I used to watch the CC games replays on WLAF.  Can't find the link on LAF this year.  Anybody else have any luck?  

CoachT has the link on his Links page.... www.1450wlaf.com

On the wlaf site it says you can watch the OR vs CC game on their webpage. No idea if it will be live or streamed sometime after the game. I found the CC vs David Crockett game on You Tube. JUST TO BE SAFE...go to the game.

Thanks Willie, I know how to go to WLAF.com.  And I don't need to stream it because I will be at the game. Lol.  What I'm saying is they used to archive all of the CC games on that site and you could watch all of the game replays.   I don't see that on there this year.  There used to be a tab that said "Watch the Game" with a big ole cougar paw print to click and it was a replay of the stream. 

55 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Is our #3 a 10th grader or 11th?  He had a great ballgame, especially on defense.  Also, great to see #2 involved.  Skill group will be good again next year to go along with an improving OL.  Good time to be an OR football player.

#3 is a sophomore. You are so right about this being a good time at Oak Ridge. We are very competitive with the best in the State. A lucky break here and there and who knows what our guys could achieve.