Fulton @ Powell

92Dragon

12 hours ago, HTV said:

Do what?  Look at my Avatar pic.  Those are two of my four grandchildren.  I'm no young pup.  

Look, you can argue until the cows come home that Matt "is much worse" than most.  And there is nothing you can't tell me about the Powell program, at least going back 30 years, that I am not aware of.  

And I can go in to my phone and pull out texts messages or calls from just about every head coach and dozens of assistants in Knox County, along with about half of the ADs, where I have had conversations with them.  I know how the game is played.  

So, define "recruiting", please.  There are rules, that have to be followed.  There are gray areas, and I promise you that those gray areas are played by just about everybody in town.  

I suggest that if you have any information concerning Coach Lowe or any coach in the county and beyond that you contact Bernard Childers at the TSSAA office.  His number is   (615) 889-6740.  Otherwise, your clams are baseless and cowardice.  

Thank you for the history lesson. It's Bernard Childress... not Childers. And he's a family friend. 

16 hours ago, HTV said:

Do what?  Look at my Avatar pic.  Those are two of my four grandchildren.  I'm no young pup.  

Look, you can argue until the cows come home that Matt "is much worse" than most.  And there is nothing you can't tell me about the Powell program, at least going back 30 years, that I am not aware of.  

And I can go in to my phone and pull out texts messages or calls from just about every head coach and dozens of assistants in Knox County, along with about half of the ADs, where I have had conversations with them.  I know how the game is played.  

So, define "recruiting", please.  There are rules, that have to be followed.  There are gray areas, and I promise you that those gray areas are played by just about everybody in town.  

I suggest that if you have any information concerning Coach Lowe or any coach in the county and beyond that you contact Bernard Childers at the TSSAA office.  His number is   (615) 889-6740.  Otherwise, your clams are baseless and cowardice.  

By saying that gray areas are played by just about everyone in town infers that most are bending/breaking rules and that if just about everybody else does it than it's ok because you promise that just about everybody else does it. T$$AA is weak and by there location and lack of enforcement commitment they cannot enforce there own rules. T$$AA uses local school systems data, information, and local school system decisions to say who is eligible and not eligible. They don't even go to the schools involved sometimes to investigate eligibility or if recruiting violations have happened. Knox county doesn't care who wins football games so anything goes. Get an address and some info that says where you live and the principal let's you in and T$$AA says if Knox County or any other system says you are ok and it's play ball. Who says you have to live there for the whole football season. Who is going to check. If they do find out you don't live there, some time it's too late because they have already put the names on the trophies and made the playoff brackets. You think any system has time and money to run down and see where these kids live or stay at. What about just have two addresses. That's a violation, but who has time or money to chase people down.                                Plus, not most or just about everybody in town is bending/breaking rules or exploiting grey areas. A lot do it by the books.                                        A lot of coaches, head or assistant don't want there name involved in violations. They don't want to be violators or tell on violators. Some coaches, head or assistant also get other people to do the bending/breaking or playing gray areas for them. It's just directed by them.                                                Bottom line is that High School Football is not the bastion of sportsmanship and high moral standards that we might want to think it is. Some media people want to paint a different picture than what it really is.

18 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

By saying that gray areas are played by just about everyone in town infers that most are bending/breaking rules and that if just about everybody else does it than it's ok because you promise that just about everybody else does it.

Nope.  Not at all what I said.  Knox County is a different animal because of several reasons, not the least of them being who can get a transfer from one zone to another and why.  

Edited by HTV

21 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

By saying that gray areas are played by just about everyone in town infers that most are bending/breaking rules and that if just about everybody else does it than it's ok because you promise that just about everybody else does it. T$$AA is weak and by there location and lack of enforcement commitment they cannot enforce there own rules. T$$AA uses local school systems data, information, and local school system decisions to say who is eligible and not eligible. They don't even go to the schools involved sometimes to investigate eligibility or if recruiting violations have happened. Knox county doesn't care who wins football games so anything goes. Get an address and some info that says where you live and the principal let's you in and T$$AA says if Knox County or any other system says you are ok and it's play ball. Who says you have to live there for the whole football season. Who is going to check. If they do find out you don't live there, some time it's too late because they have already put the names on the trophies and made the playoff brackets. You think any system has time and money to run down and see where these kids live or stay at. What about just have two addresses. That's a violation, but who has time or money to chase people down.                                Plus, not most or just about everybody in town is bending/breaking rules or exploiting grey areas. A lot do it by the books.                                        A lot of coaches, head or assistant don't want there name involved in violations. They don't want to be violators or tell on violators. Some coaches, head or assistant also get other people to do the bending/breaking or playing gray areas for them. It's just directed by them.                                                Bottom line is that High School Football is not the bastion of sportsmanship and high moral standards that we might want to think it is. Some media people want to paint a different picture than what it really is.

Well said. 

8 hours ago, HTV said:

Nope.  Not at all what I said.  Knox County is a different animal because of several reasons, not the least of them being who can get a transfer from one zone to another and why.  

There are gray areas, and l promise you that those gray areas are played by just about everybody in town.                                                   That's what you said. Is just about everybody in town more or less than most. Or how do you describe just about everybody in town are playing those gray areas. Is Powell and Matt Lowe on the just about everybody in town side or is Powell and Matt Lowe on the less than most side. It's like l promise everybody  else is speeding on the interstate. But no one gets caught for speeding or l specifically don't know who speeds or who does not. But l know alot of speeders personally but they don't tell me who is speeding but l promise most everybody in town is speeding.           Are gray areas rules or just how the game is played.

On 9/8/2018 at 5:32 PM, BigTime1950 said:

There are gray areas, and l promise you that those gray areas are played by just about everybody in town.                                                   That's what you said. Is just about everybody in town more or less than most. Or how do you describe just about everybody in town are playing those gray areas. Is Powell and Matt Lowe on the just about everybody in town side or is Powell and Matt Lowe on the less than most side. It's like l promise everybody  else is speeding on the interstate. But no one gets caught for speeding or l specifically don't know who speeds or who does not. But l know alot of speeders personally but they don't tell me who is speeding but l promise most everybody in town is speeding.           Are gray areas rules or just how the game is played.

There is a difference in operating in the gray areas and just plain recruiting, which is what Matt was accused of.  If you don't believe that every public school in the county hasn't played in the gray areas then you are completely delusional.  

Edited by HTV