AC or Greeneville

BVDevil

31 minutes ago, budkilmer said:

UT plays ETSU in two weeks though.... it's something we can discuss and compare. UT will thrash ETSU, just like Greeneville will thrash AC. That's the comparison he was making.

My second went to ETSU.My youngest is at UT.I'd hate to think I'm paying more for a lesser dorm and a lesser football team to boot.I'd have to go myself and write on "The rock" if that happens.Be something about like BVD.It's Time alright ! I'm getting mad just thinking about it !

Just a little info for the greenville fans AC use too have several tradtional rilvary games CC,oak ridge,powell,central,and clinton..big gate money games.win or loose it was a tradition too play ,there coach was on The hot seat too win  but just couldnt do it ,so his only shot at havi g a winning season was too drop down in competion and drop the rilvarey games.well they pulled it off look at who there non confrence are that will tell you ,they give up thousands upon thousands of dollars for a winning record.and job security..thats the facts

34 minutes ago, hogdogger said:

Just a little info for the greenville fans AC use too have several tradtional rilvary games CC,oak ridge,powell,central,and clinton..big gate money games.win or loose it was a tradition too play ,there coach was on The hot seat too win  but just couldnt do it ,so his only shot at havi g a winning season was too drop down in competion and drop the rilvarey games.well they pulled it off look at who there non confrence are that will tell you ,they give up thousands upon thousands of dollars for a winning record.and job security..thats the facts

And still can’t beat the best lol

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

When has AC ever been a Dynasty? Even if CCHS never beat AC how in the world is that a Dynasty?  What rubs a lot of people wrong on here is you talk like AC has been there and Done it before.  Last years was the first year you all have made the play-offs since moving down to 4a in 2015.  Once  Martin, Moog, Carol, Gallaher, and Noe Graduate this year AC will go back to being avg once again and you want to say its a start of a Dynasty :roflol:

LOL your funny. That will not happen. I know for sure. :)

20 minutes ago, Space3 said:

Still cracks me up that everyone thinks AC moved down...lol We are where we belong in 4A all other schools moved up to 5A because they was running from Alcoa. It was going around that they was going to move up to 5A.

If you played in 5a in 2014 and when the new classifications came out in 2015 and you end up in 4a how is that not moving down a classification? (No one is saying you aren't playing where you are suppose to be but rather it be drop in student population or a change in the way TSSAA classifies each class moving from 5a to 4a is moving down)

2 minutes ago, Swipes said:

If you played in 5a in 2014 and when the new classifications came out in 2015 and you end up in 4a how is that not moving down a classification? (No one is saying you aren't playing where you are suppose to be but rather it be drop in student population or a change in the way TSSAA classifies each class moving from 5a to 4a is moving down) 

Just to inject some numbers, AC's enrollment didn't really change much between the official 2013 figures (1,032) and 2017 (1,060). They've always hovered around the cutoff. During the previous period, AC was one of the smallest 5A schools. Now, they are one of the largest 4A schools.

24 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Just to inject some numbers, AC's enrollment didn't really change much between the official 2013 figures (1,032) and 2017 (1,060). They've always hovered around the cutoff. During the previous period, AC was one of the smallest 5A schools. Now, they are one of the largest 4A schools.

That is is exactly correct Osunut. I remembered at the time AC played Ooltewah; where I believe Ooltewah was the largest 5A and we were the smallest. That game was a shootout and some fights broke out too.

9 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I think they are taking into consideration the win over DB and I would not think that would be a very good measure at this time

So two blowout wins over 6A schools is not a good measure? Seems legit. Say what you will but I doubt any team that Greeneville plays this year will come within 20 points of the Devils. They are just that good this year.

• Upvote 1