IFL Classic: Maryville vs Out of State

Governm

36 minutes ago, cbg said:

I know for a fact that when Bobby Bentley was coaching those great Byrnes teams in South Carolina he tried to get a home and away with Maryville but was told they had zero interest.  The response was that between the region games and the rivalry games they played there was no room on the schedule.

I know all about Byrnes. I got a former Byrnes all state QB sitting right next to me at my house watching USC vs Coastal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Talk about beating on a dead horse. This one is so dead, all of it's flesh has totally decayed, and all that is left is a bleached white skeleton. And folks are still taking a whack at it.

SMH.

As long as Maryville is winning, in the fashion to which they are accustomed to doing, they should continue to schedule like they do. If it ain't broke ...

The HATERS that keep bringing this up are just that.

HATERS.

HATERS, do us all a favor.

Put a sock in it.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, kwc said:

Talk about beating on a dead horse. This one is so dead, all of it's flesh has totally decayed, and all that is left is a bleached white skeleton. And folks are still taking a whack at it.

SMH.

As long as Maryville is winning, in the fashion to which they are accustomed to doing, they should continue to schedule like they do. If it ain't broke ...

The HATERS that keep bringing this up are just that.

HATERS.

HATERS, do us all a favor.

Put a sock in it.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Thank you!!! But they won’t go away lol

OK my little take on it.  There is NO upside for Maryville to do this.  Most folks have NO idea how expensive a game like this is.

My son played for R'dale when Rankin was the HC.  He scheduled a team in Ohio that was 'supposed' to be really good.  This trip required EVERY player to contribute or have contributed $500 EACH for the trip.  I was lucky in that the owner of a Liquor Store sponsored my son.  This was because the owner is a R'dale alum and an ex football player.  This did not include the walking around money I handed him for walking around or for a bus ticket home if he had to.  He and Rankin did NOT get along and Rankin has been known to leave players places if the team lost.  IE 4 players after the loss to Dickson in the playoffs.

Long story short, the expense total for the trip was OVER $100,000.00.  R'dale went there and beat the Ohio team like a rented mule and came home after a stop at a theme park for the team for the win. 

It got R'dale exactly NOTHING as the Ohio team did NOT honor their home and away promise.  They paid a measly $500 forfeit fee and did not have to make the trip here and it left R'dale a game short and scrambling to fill their 10 game regular season.

I like a lot USED to harass Maryville about this.  No MORE as they have repeatedly stepped up and BEAT teams that are tough.  Proof is their total record dominating Rutherford County teams as well as their Gold and Silver Ball collection!

• Like 2