West Carroll @ Dresden

HevyReturns

14 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Lmao some of the comments have me rolling.

Still want answers on the sprinklers. Hevy where are ya??

I don't have an actual explanation but I do know the sprinklers were only on for maybe a total of 2 minutes. Our head coach & principal took off scrambling to get them turned off. If the water would have hurt anyone it would have been Dresden because it was on our end of the field so I'd say it was a simple mistake & not some sort of conspiracy. LOL

Seems to be a lot of video & pictures going around of a lot of things that happened during this game.

Disappointed in DRESDEN? WTF? That has got to be a joke statement. You not being serious. The sprinklers, my first thought was, "Well, some WC prankster got in a good one, it will be epic, and as historical as a Westview person painting our Lion out front Charger blue." Dresden was being sabotaged on that stunt. My second thought was, 'Somebody needs to learn how to program the timers on sprinkler system'. And yes WC won the game, but a sincere congratulations is difficult for a football fan when a victory is "tainted". How so? Well, for the record, HERE is what everyone in Dresden (and all fans of the game)  is so upset about. I did not get this link until a day & a half later. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5524015/5b942afa0dbfdd05c4dc01c0 . (please moderators, let this link stay up. Several other vids from years ago on awful, game-losing and championship closing calls are up on the T. For the sake of truth let this stay up too). Videos don't lie, even when its uncomfortable & controversial. Wonder how coaches, fellow players, fans, & parents of this WC player feel about this tactic? (watch carefully at 30-32 seconds).  None are so blind as those who refuse to see the truth. And piles & piles of disappointment, shame, & embarrassment should be heaped upon WC. And even some type of TSSAA or school  sanction, statement, discipline, or other measure SHOULD BE taken over this. At least the WC coaches, fellow players, & parents of this player should take needed action(s). And the reactions & responses to THIS vid will speak volumes about that person(s) doing the responding. One thing I know, ..God knows. He sees. And He knows how to deal with everything, & everyone, starting with ME! 

Edited by HevyReturns

4 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

Disappointed in DRESDEN? WTF? That has got to be a joke statement. You not being serious. The sprinklers, my first thought was, "Well, some WC prankster got in a good one, it will be epic, and as historical as a Westview person painting our Lion out front Charger blue." Dresden was being sabotaged on that stunt. And WC won the game, but a sincere congratulations is difficult for a football fan when a victory is "tainted". How so? Well, for the record, HERE is what everyone in Dresden (and all fans of the game)  is so upset about. I did not get this link until a day & a half later. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5524015/5b942afa0dbfdd05c4dc01c0 . (please moderators, let this link stay up. Several other vids from years ago on awful, game-losing and championship closing calls are up on the T. For the sake of truth let this stay up too). Videos don't lie, even when its uncomfortable & controversial. Wonder how coaches, fellow players, fans, & parents of this WC player feel about this tactic? (watch carefully at 30-32 seconds).  None are so blind as those who refuse to see the truth. And piles & piles of disappointment, shame, & embarrassment should be heaped upon WC. And even some type of TSSAA or school  sanction, statement, discipline, or other measure SHOULD BE taken over this. At least the WC coaches, fellow players, & parents of this player should take needed action(s). And the reactions & responses to THIS vid will speak volumes about that person(s) doing the responding. One thing I know, ..God knows. He sees. And He knows how to deal with everything, & everyone, starting with ME! 

Was his leg stepped on ?  Could have been accidental no way to tell really 

15 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

Disappointed in DRESDEN? WTF? That has got to be a joke statement. You not being serious. The sprinklers, my first thought was, "Well, some WC prankster got in a good one, it will be epic, and as historical as a Westview person painting our Lion out front Charger blue." Dresden was being sabotaged on that stunt. My second thought was, 'Somebody needs to learn how to program the timers on sprinkler system'. And yes WC won the game, but a sincere congratulations is difficult for a football fan when a victory is "tainted". How so? Well, for the record, HERE is what everyone in Dresden (and all fans of the game)  is so upset about. I did not get this link until a day & a half later. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5524015/5b942afa0dbfdd05c4dc01c0 . (please moderators, let this link stay up. Several other vids from years ago on awful, game-losing and championship closing calls are up on the T. For the sake of truth let this stay up too). Videos don't lie, even when its uncomfortable & controversial. Wonder how coaches, fellow players, fans, & parents of this WC player feel about this tactic? (watch carefully at 30-32 seconds).  None are so blind as those who refuse to see the truth. And piles & piles of disappointment, shame, & embarrassment should be heaped upon WC. And even some type of TSSAA or school  sanction, statement, discipline, or other measure SHOULD BE taken over this. At least the WC coaches, fellow players, & parents of this player should take needed action(s). And the reactions & responses to THIS vid will speak volumes about that person(s) doing the responding. One thing I know, ..God knows. He sees. And He knows how to deal with everything, & everyone, starting with ME! 

I think that was definitely intentional after looking at it a few good times. What an absolute shame...

22 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

Not stepped on.. #8's knee had been injured earlier, he back in game now, and his knee was STOMPED on. Targeted. That is a more accurate statement. 

I did not want to get on here Friday night and say this but if you were at this game you saw how they played. Anyone who has WC on their schedule should take a long look at this. Along with the TSSAA...

I'll be the first one to take up for the WC kid. This shouldn't have happened but how many times per game does something like this go on? Both teams every game. You couldn't in a million years convince me stomping on his leg tore his ACL. He probably tore or partially tore it when he got hurt the first time. Not knowing how bad it was he went back in and ruined it, no fault of his or the sideline staff. It is a brutal sport, we can all sit up here on our high horses and say our teams would never do something like this but it happens. Going into every game each team knows if one or two people on the other team gets "hurt" your chances of winning go up. Coaches preach it, parents preach it and teammates preach it. I feel terrible he got hurt, especially in his senior year. Hopefully he will get it fixed and play at the next level, he is a special football player. Maybe his teammates will play the rest of the season for him and make a good year of it.

6 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

I'll be the first one to take up for the WC kid. This shouldn't have happened but how many times per game does something like this go on? Both teams every game. You couldn't in a million years convince me stomping on his leg tore his ACL. He probably tore or partially tore it when he got hurt the first time. Not knowing how bad it was he went back in and ruined it, no fault of his or the sideline staff. It is a brutal sport, we can all sit up here on our high horses and say our teams would never do something like this but it happens. Going into every game each team knows if one or two people on the other team gets "hurt" your chances of winning go up. Coaches preach it, parents preach it and teammates preach it. I feel terrible he got hurt, especially in his senior year. Hopefully he will get it fixed and play at the next level, he is a special football player. Maybe his teammates will play the rest of the season for him and make a good year of it.

We were never told to try to hurt someone or target someone when I played. Was I told to chop block someone yes but to try to hurt someone never. There was never talk of an advantage of someone getting hurt on the opposing team 

On 9/7/2018 at 8:27 PM, HevyReturns said:

Dresden scores with 30 seconds left.. p.a.t. good.... Nix that, Lions ANOTHER penalty, rekicked, no good, 6-0 Lions. We've probably penalized ourselves over 100 yds. If not more. It's VERY upsetting to watch this. Crazy. Only 6-0 at half, Lions get the ball to start 2nd half. If any players or coaches read CoachT, PLEASE do something to instill flawless, penalty-free play into our Lions. It IS possible. And necessary in playoffs. Yes there are obviously bad, awful calls by zebras, but not all of them. Execute plays so that refs won't be trigger happy to throw that laundry against us. ..And I warned that War Eagles are coming in here to win. They playing inspired & confidant. No team is going to roll over and give us the game. GET WITH IT LIONS! PLAY HUNGRY IN BEAST MODE IN 2nd HALF. Or War Eagles will "shock everyone" with a W.. well everyone except themselves. Methinks Dresden's offense turns loose & our defense shuts them down this next half.

GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY! EVERY PLAY! IN EVERY WAY! :-D

Keep in mind everyone this post was made AFTER #8 went down. The Lions were the more heavily penalized team all game. That clip revy provided looked accidental to me but I will admit my phone is a hunk of junk. I'm sincerely sorry Yates is hurt.  But there was absolutely no talk of WC being dirty until the clock hit all 0's

22 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

Thank you for being reasonable at least 

• CoachT locked this topic