The Gutts @ The Ridge

SweetScience

2 minutes ago, rebelsrecruit said:

I think your statement about giving the senior quality reps makes sense. The "Runner" appeared to me as a back and forth backyard football type runner. The other QB appears calmer and more pro style. At the game I attended the fans around me said he (the junior) came off the bench last year and broke almost all the school records and was the 1st 1-6A QB for the season. I think the cats are hurting from that butt whoopin' they got last year and they return the favor.......

I believe the junior stepped in last year as the senior was starting but was injured.  I am pretty sure with #87 and #23 that graduated out that I could have thrown for 1500 yards sitting in the pocket.  That said... the junior IS a great passer but has less threats in the receiving corp this year.  Plus the Ads have not seen a secondary like OR's to date - that will likely force them to run more.  I think the Ads' run game will be tough for OR to stop this week but they seemed to manage Kingsport's stud runner.

37 minutes ago, rebelsrecruit said:

He did step in for a different senior that got hurt. I think. I did hear that they had a couple of studs last year. The junior has generated some D1 interest from schools like Marshall and Cincinnati and a couple I cant remember. This info that the Farragut section of parents relayed to me. so who knows. #15 was a stud the night I saw them and I think he ran for almost 200 yards.

Looking at stats on Maximum Prepiness... the current Jr and Sr were the only 2 QB's last year.  First two games they both played and it looks like the current Sr exited game 3 (pretty sure from injury).  So it looks like even last year the plan was a dual QB approach.  Makes me think of the Tebow days at Florida - which seemed to work well for them.

#15 is a great power runner and should scare any defense.  #6 is a great running back too with both speed and power.  His cousin at receiver (#7) is definitely a passing threat but #1 and #16 are just as lethal.

I still say that the Ads are untested so far given the first 3 matchups... OR speed, talent, and coaching will reveal how good this group really is this year.  If the OR defense can put up points again for the 3rd straight week - it may get out of reach for the Ads late in the game.  Should be a classic though.

Edited by RebelAtHeart

I think the Cats are outmatched upfront at this point in the season.I would pick Oak Ridge if this game was late in the season but not sure the young line will be ready.Maybe if we can get some big turnovers like we have been then we can pull one out.Or maybe a big play or 2 on STs.I hope im wrong but ADs by 16.Any chance C.Thompson will be back? I don't think people realize how good he is.(Because of injuries)He is so good at open field tackles and helps in every phase of the game.RWR

52 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I think the Cats are outmatched upfront at this point in the season.I would pick Oak Ridge if this game was late in the season but not sure the young line will be ready.Maybe if we can get some big turnovers like we have been then we can pull one out.Or maybe a big play or 2 on STs.I hope im wrong but ADs by 16.Any chance C.Thompson will be back? I don't think people realize how good he is.(Because of injuries)He is so good at open field tackles and helps in every phase of the game.RWR

Good points STILLNUM1.

The latest I have heard concerning Thompson was he was out for six weeks. His return will certainly be welcomed.

Now concerning our very young OL/DL it seems to me they are being asked to do what they are capable to do and no more. It is a very smart game plan. Our guys aren't be asked to pancake opponents who outweigh them by 45 lbs. Our team speed is covering up some minor missteps the lines maybe making. You know what they say, speed kills.

I won't pick a score this week but I BELIEVE in the character of the Wildcats. They have earned our respect and support.

RWR!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, matchesmalone2 said:

Matches is back with a prediction Farragut wins this one and wins it handily. Eddie Courtney is a Titan of Industry. I'll hang up and listen.

Matches - I diss agree. Coach Gattis has seen it all- and his QB1 is as slippary as they come. Their is some thing n-the-air at blankenship field. Wild-katz 39 - Ed & Son 35

• Like 1

I've watched Farragut in all 3 games this year, and aside from some shooting of themselves in the foot with penalties in Game 1 against Bradley, they have been entirely dominant.   They have size and depth and skill on offense, and the defense has been much better than people expected so far.    Having said that, they are no doubt stepping up in the level of competition this week.  OR is a very good team and will be well motivated to repay Farragut for the butt-stomping the Ads gave them last year.   Nevertheless, I think the Ads still have a bit too much for them in the trenches, which is where games are won and lost.  I look for Farragut to likely win this game by 1 or 2 score margin.  

By the way, I doubt the Coach Gaddis has the type of hatred for Farragut that was mentioned on here by one OR poster.   He did spend a number of years at Farragut in the 80's as an assistant and has many former players from there.

5 minutes ago, FHS_Admiral said:

I've watched Farragut in all 3 games this year, and aside from some shooting of themselves in the foot with penalties in Game 1 against Bradley, they have been entirely dominant.   They have size and depth and skill on offense, and the defense has been much better than people expected so far.    Having said that, they are no doubt stepping up in the level of competition this week.  OR is a very good team and will be well motivated to repay Farragut for the butt-stomping the Ads gave them last year.   Nevertheless, I think the Ads still have a bit too much for them in the trenches, which is where games are won and lost.  I look for Farragut to likely win this game by 1 or 2 score margin.  

By the way, I doubt the Coach Gaddis has the type of hatred for Farragut that was mentioned on here by one OR poster.   He did spend a number of years at Farragut in the 80's as an assistant and has many former players from there.

Coach Gaddis was at FHS 80 - 82. I will agree with SS opinion on how Gaddis views this game. HE DOES NOT WANT TO LOOSE!!! And neither do I!!!.

Get ready Wildcats. Almost time to ROLL.

Three keys to an Oak Ridge win...

# 1   # 12    # 13.  Turn the Lights on, it is time to shine.