The Gutts @ The Ridge

SweetScience

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, you hate to lose, especially when you know you should've won. Hats off to the Guts though. They made the plays and we didn't. Man, poor #9 will have nightmare's tonight. It's ok kid, forget it and come back next week and get a TD. Farragut ended up winning state after they lost to us a few years back, so we are good. 

Feel bad for the kid, hope he can get his confidence back.  It was definitely a Murphy's Law kind of game...what ever could go wrong, etc.   I kept thinking we could win up to the last fumble.  Oh well, some lessons learned tonight, I'm sure the coaches will work on ironing things out before next week.

12 minutes ago, ORcats said:

Feel bad for the kid, hope he can get his confidence back.  It was definitely a Murphy's Law kind of game...what ever could go wrong, etc.   I kept thinking we could win up to the last fumble.  Oh well, some lessons learned tonight, I'm sure the coaches will work on ironing things out before next week.

Yeah Cats, even up to that last kickoff. We FINALLY got a chance to return a kickoff, but #8 kept fumbling it around for about 5 seconds which took away any good chance of getting a good return lol. So frustrating. Ahh, just one of them nights. 

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, ORcats said:

I echo the comments about the kid. We need him to forget about tonight and use his speed to get open deep all season long.

It kind of reminded me of a game Jason McAddley had at Rhea County one damp foggy Thursday night at Rhea County. He dropped maybe three passes that would have been scores. I think the QB was Mike Gipson and we won anyway.

The next night (Friday) I went to watch Farragut play maybe Powell Several OR players came to the game and sat below me. At one point, Gipson noticed McAddley had his head down so he slap him on the head and told him to stop thinking about the dropped passes at Rhea.

We all know what became of Jason McAddley, All State, Bama star, a few years in the NFL and soon to be inducted in the Oak Ridge Sports Hall of Fame. Not a bad career at all.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats

Congrats to FHS. I hope your stud player who got hurt will be okay soon.

I think we could have won the game but made too many mistakes. I also believe our lack of depth in key areas was exposed. The DBs let Farragut get open too many times.

I can't be mad at any of the players because they played their hearts out. We will learn from this and get better for our upcoming Region games.

Was anybody surprised we attempted the FG at the end of the first half? I was shocked by the decision. Of course, I am no expert so I probably shouldn't bring it up.

UP next is a tough Region game at Knoxville West. I guess they will be stout on defense.

RWR!

27 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I echo the comments about the kid. We need him to forget about tonight and use his speed to get open deep all season long.

It kind of reminded me of a game Jason McAddley had at Rhea County one damp foggy Thursday night at Rhea County. He dropped maybe three passes that would have been scores. I think the QB was Mike Gipson and we won anyway.

The next night (Friday) I went to watch Farragut play maybe Powell Several OR players came to the game and sat below me. At one point, Gipson noticed McAddley had his head down so he slap him on the head and told him to stop thinking about the dropped passes at Rhea.

We all know what became of Jason McAddley, All State, Bama star, a few years in the NFL and soon to be inducted in the Oak Ridge Sports Hall of Fame. Not a bad career at all.

#9 sure has some wheels, doesn't he? Has a beautiful long stride. If he can just catch those balls we have a real weapon on our hands, along with the other good receivers we have.

11 hours ago, FHS_Admiral said:

Well, that was a really entertaining, hard fought high school football game.  As I figured, the Admirals were 1or 2 scores better than OR.  Still, it wasn't easy.  OR has some great athletes!  That QB is so elusive!  I wish Coach Gaddis and his guys luck the rest of the year.  As for the Ads, the offense played pretty well, but the D gets credit for this win.  To hold that bunch of athletes to one score on offense was phenomenal and took FarraGUTS!!!  Go ADS!!!

Congratulations on the win but the Admirals 1 or 2 scores better????? They were bigger but not better. They won so my hat is off to them BUT we had a guy wide open TWICE for a TD and he just plain dropped it or he walks in TWICE!!! Another time we overthrow a wide open receiver in the end zone and we missed a short field goal. I heard Gaddis after the game say that we left 24 points on the field and he said they were unforced errors that Farragut had nothing to do with...he's right! This game made me physically sick to my stomach. Congratulations Farragut and RWR!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, catswild said:

Congratulations on the win but the Admirals 1 or 2 scores better????? They were bigger but not better. They won so my hat is off to them BUT we had a guy wide open TWICE for a TD and he just plain dropped it or he walks in TWICE!!! Another time we overthrow a wide open receiver in the end zone and we missed a short field goal. I heard Gaddis after the game say that we left 24 points on the field and he said they were unforced errors that Farragut had nothing to do with...he's right! This game made me physically sick to my stomach. Congratulations Farragut and RWR!!!!!!!

I disagree completely.  Yes, OR made some mistakes that cost them points however so did Farragut.  Farragut turned the ball over deep in their on territory, plus OR got a gift TD on the 100 yd. tipped pass pick six return.  That lucky interception alone was a 14 point swing in OR's favor.  The bottom line is, Farragut won the game and was the better team period!   Just like we are also the better program these days.   Good game mildkitty fans!  We'll see 'ya next year at the shipyard!!!

Breakdowns in coverage are the reason the Wildcats lose plain and simple. Farragut needs to run their big backs over and over, they are a load along with their O line. Our backs just got caught out of position and will probably hear about it this week. Over and Over and Over haha. Farragut played a good game and Congrats to them on the win. And we will see them next year over to ship wreak city. Should we bring the wine and cheese or will you all provide it?

20 minutes ago, bounder said:

Breakdowns in coverage are the reason the Wildcats lose plain and simple. Farragut needs to run their big backs over and over, they are a load along with their O line. Our backs just got caught out of position and will probably hear about it this week. Over and Over and Over haha. Farragut played a good game and Congrats to them on the win. And we will see them next year over to ship wreak city. Should we bring the wine and cheese or will you all provide it?

Judging by the post game comments on this board from the mildcat fans, I suspect you'll be bringing the "whine" and cheese!

• Like 1