The Gutts @ The Ridge

SweetScience

26 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

To Former44,

Your post is so well stated that you bring credit to yourself and FHS. Tonight is going to be special for all high school fans and not just in Oak Ridge. We also have Aluminum Foil vs Murville, High Flying Falcons from Fulton vs the Panthers on the Prowl in Powell and many other rivalry games.

Enjoy all. RWR!

Thank you, Willie.

I would also like to thank both you and SS for your kind comments regarding the passing of former Farragut player Lee Van Dyne. Although I didn't know Lee or his family personally, I know there will be some heavy hearts on the Farragut sideline tonight – not only for Coach Courtney, but for several of the assistant coaches who either coached or were teammates of Lee when he played. I know we will all keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

If you live near Oak Ridge go to the game and support the teams, cheerleaders, dance teams, bands and student sections.

If you live far away or cannot make it to the game go to CoachT's schedule page and click on either OR or FHS schedule page. You will find a link to Farragut's football web page and how to watch the game live streaming.

RWR

10 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Good post Govolsknox.

There is good news on the Thompson injury. The original six week prediction was from game one. However, Coach Gaddis said on his TV show Wednesday night that the OR team doctor said CT was ahead of schedule in his rehab so he might be back before game seven.

As for #13 it is no secret that his ability to run is better than his passing game. However, I have been impressed with his ability to find WRs while on the move. You will recall his TD pass to #1 in game two after being pressured.  I think #13 is capable of leading OR with passing and his running. Last week, the game plan was to run the football. Coach Gaddis said we marched down the field for a TD using the same running play almost every play. 

Good luck to CAK. 

RWR!

Thanks to Bounder and WTW for the info. As an OR alum who lives in Ktown, It is harder for me to get info except from good folks like the ones on this board. I was able to catch game one on the tube, and was present for 2 and 3. I'll be at the Ship tonight as well.

Really glad to hear #7 is ahead of schedule; I hope that maybe that means game 4 or 5. As a long time OR season ticket holder who later split time as my kids grew up at CAK, I've been fortunate to watch some great high school QB play over the years, and the DB game was some of the best QB ground and air combined execution I've seen, going back to Todd Helton for Central and several OR QBs over the years. It appears that if OR can get some of that combination going tonight, it is going to be a hard offense to stop. I believe the OL has to continue to come together for this offense to reach it's potential. I'm excited to see how we match up against a very good Farragut team.

I'm concerned how the defense will match up against Farragut, but speed is something you can't teach and OR's defense has it.

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

To Former44,

Your post is so well stated that you bring credit to yourself and FHS. Tonight is going to be special for all high school fans and not just in Oak Ridge. We also have Aluminum Foil vs Murville, High Flying Falcons from Fulton vs the Panthers on the Prowl in Powell and many other rivalry games.

Enjoy all. RWR!

Fulton played Powell last week 21-10.   Fulton plays Austin East tonight.  

Ugh what a frustrating game. Missed 3 wide open touchdown passes. We catch 1 of those we win. That simple. Congrats to Farragut, but we let this one get away. Can't drop wide open TDs and expect to beat good teams. 

On 9/6/2018 at 3:56 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

That is a good point SS. I have no doubt that Coach Gaddis respects Coach Courtney. I hate Farragutless but even I know Coach Courtney is a special man and a great leader of young men.

Yeah, how couldn't you like Eddie Courtney? That man is a class act.

Well, that was a really entertaining, hard fought high school football game.  As I figured, the Admirals were 1or 2 scores better than OR.  Still, it wasn't easy.  OR has some great athletes!  That QB is so elusive!  I wish Coach Gaddis and his guys luck the rest of the year.  As for the Ads, the offense played pretty well, but the D gets credit for this win.  To hold that bunch of athletes to one score on offense was phenomenal and took FarraGUTS!!!  Go ADS!!!

• Like 1

Yeah saw him come off the field with his left shoulder kinda hanging. We left too many points on the field that should have been on the scoreboard. Man what a crowd, looked almost like standing room only, been a while since I've seen that big a crowd. ... guess we paid the light bill tonite. haha

WWA shirts went to 15, 44 and 56. Course we could have given a bunch more out, it's hard to choose sometimes. So many good players. Dang I hate to lose to Farragut almost as much as much I hate to lose to Campbell County. Oh Well wasn't a district game just hurt our pride!

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

4 minutes ago, bounder said:

Yeah saw him come off the field with his left shoulder kinda hanging. We left too many points on the field that should have been on the scoreboard. Man what a crowd, looked almost like standing room only, been a while since I've seen that big a crowd. ... guess we paid the light bill tonite. haha

WWA shirts went to 15, 44 and 56. Course we could have given a bunch more out, it's hard to choose sometimes. So many good players. Dang I hate to lose to Farragut almost as much as much I hate to lose to Campbell County. Oh Well wasn't a district game just hurt our pride!

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Yeah, you hate to lose, especially when you know you should've won. Hats off to the Guts though. They made the plays and we didn't. Man, poor #9 will have nightmare's tonight. It's ok kid, forget it and come back next week and get a TD. Farragut ended up winning state after they lost to us a few years back, so we are good.