The Gutts @ The Ridge

SweetScience

26 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Coach Gaddis was at FHS 80 - 82. I will agree with SS opinion on how Gaddis views this game. HE DOES NOT WANT TO LOOSE!!! And neither do I!!!.

Get ready Wildcats. Almost time to ROLL.

Three keys to an Oak Ridge win...

# 1   # 12    # 13.  Turn the Lights on, it is time to shine.

Oh, I agree completely that he doesn't want to lose!   I know him personally, and he is very competitive.   I just don't think he hates Farragut.   I think he has some fond memories of his time there and the people that were there when he was.

7 minutes ago, FHS_Admiral said:

Oh, I agree completely that he doesn't want to lose!   I know him personally, and he is very competitive.   I just don't think he hates Farragut.   I think he has some fond memories of his time there and the people that were there when he was.

Well, let's just say you weren't in the locker room in 1994 when he gave his pre-game speech before we played Farragut Haha. He may not hate them as I said, but he isn't fond of Farragut, at all ha. He may have softened up a tad bit over the years, but he disliked Farragut quite a bit back then. 

Edited by SweetScience

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

Well, let's just say you weren't in the locker room in 1994 when he gave his pre-game speech before we played Farragut Haha. He may not hate them as I said, but he isn't fond of Farragut, at all ha.

Well I heard him say similar things back in the 80's about Oak Ridge when he was at Farragut.    A coach says lots of things to players in order to fire them up.    As I said, I'm sure he wants to win very badly, but I doubt he has a "hatred" for a place that was a key stepping stone in his career.  

Now, if Farragut delivers another butt whipping to the kitties this year, and continues to have a leg up in the series, as they have had in more recent times, that may change!   :grin:

14 minutes ago, FHS_Admiral said:

Well I heard him say similar things back in the 80's about Oak Ridge when he was at Farragut.    A coach says lots of things to players in order to fire them up.    As I said, I'm sure he wants to win very badly, but I doubt he has a "hatred" for a place that was a key stepping stone in his career.  

Now, if Farragut delivers another butt whipping to the kitties this year, and continues to have a leg up in the series, as they have had in more recent times, that may change!   :grin:

That's true, but he does consider them our biggest rival and always has. That's a testament to the competitiveness in the series though, even though in his first go round here we completely dominated the series. As you said though, recently that hasn't been the case. Either way, it's a great rivalry and one of the better high profile ones on this side of the state.

Did JG ever tell you about the Admirals and OR playing in a playoff game @ Blankenship in I believe 1980? He said while standing on the visitor's sidelines before the game and seeing our guys coming down the steps, he said he knew right then he wanted to coach @ OR someday. I love hearing him tell that story haha.

Edited by SweetScience

20 minutes ago, FHS_Admiral said:

2011=Farragut
2012=Oak Ridge
2013=Farragut
2014=Oak Ridge
2015=Farragut
2016=Oak Ridge
2017=Farragut
2018=? (I'm betting it'll be Oak Ridge... Call me crazy hahaha)

Leg up by 1 game in recent times.  Only streak was 2006-2011.   Everybody had a streak on us during that stretch.  That's why we changed coaches. Lol.  Oak Ridge dominates the all time series and has a streak twice that long.  I don't understand this leg up on Oak Ridge narrative.  It's just not there.  Go back on this thread and look at JNewman posts.  Win or lose tomorrow CJG can't stand FHS,

Edited by oridgecat

6 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

2011=Farragut
2012=Oak Ridge
2013=Farragut
2014=Oak Ridge
2015=Farragut
2016=Oak Ridge
2017=Farragut
2018=? (I'm betting it'll be Oak Ridge... Call me crazy hahaha)

Leg up by 1 game in recent times.  Only streak was 2006-2011.   Everybody had a streak on us during that stretch.  That's why we changed coaches. Lol.  Oak Ridge dominates the all time series and has a streak twice that long.  I don't understand this leg up on Oak Ridge narrative.  It's just not there.  Go back on this thread and look at JNewman posts.  Win or lose tomorrow CJG can't stand FHS,

I don't think he likes them either, no matter what FHS says. I personally know JG and I have heard him say that not just in locker room settings to fire kids up. I think he does respect Coach Courtney though. 

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

OR up 30-13 all time. Most all of Farragut's wins have come the past 10 years. 

Taking nothing away from FHS football.  They are solid.  But they act like they own us.  Lol.  They're streak took place during the low point of OR football.  Again, that is why we changed coaches.  

30-13.  What is hard for them to understand about 30-13?  I don't get it. 

1 minute ago, oridgecat said:

Taking nothing away from FHS football.  They are solid.  But they act like they own us.  Lol.  They're streak took place during the low point of OR football.  Again, that is why we changed coaches.  

30-13.  What is hard for them to understand about 30-13?  I don't get it. 

Well, they went 30-40 years getting the brakes beat off of 'em, so I will let them have their 5 year dominance streak haha

33 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I don't think he likes them either, no matter what FHS says. I personally know JG and I have heard him say that not just in locker room settings to fire kids up. I think he does respect Coach Courtney though. 

I didn't say he likes Farragut.    I just said I don't think he hates Farragut.   Not like you made it sound anyway.   I'm sure he dislikes Farragut when playing them, and as a major rival to Oak Ridge.  That would only be natural.

As for the RECENT leg up comment, I never denied the overall history of the series.   Sure, OR leads by a wide margin, as they do against most schools they have played.   That being said Farragut DOES have recent leg up in that they have gone 9-3 in the last 12 games.   That IS a recent leg up and merely a fact.  It is not meant to discredit OR's long tradition and excellent history.   

1 minute ago, FHS_Admiral said:

I didn't say he likes Farragut.    I just said I don't think he hates Farragut.   Not like you made it sound anyway.   I'm sure he dislikes Farragut when playing them, and as a major rival to Oak Ridge.  That would only be natural.

As for the RECENT leg up comment, I never denied the overall history of the series.   Sure, OR leads by a wide margin, as they do against most schools they have played.   That being said Farragut DOES have recent leg up in that they have gone 9-3 in the last 12 games.   That IS a recent leg up and merely a fact.  It is not meant to discredit OR's long tradition and excellent history.   

And 6 of those were against a coach we had to let go. And that's a fact.  Like I said, everybody pushed us around starting in 2006.  Since his departure, the series is 4-3.  Neither school has 2 in a row in the last 7 meetings.  But I see what you're saying.  The record doesn't lie.  It is what it is.  But 6 of those 9 were achieved during the lowest point in OR football history.  The fans stopped coming and the coach was replaced.  

20 minutes ago, FHS_Admiral said:

Ok. Strong dislike. Better?