Whitehaven vs Lausanne, Friday, Wk 4, at Rhodes College

kwc

1 hour ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Didn’t mean it as an insult, hope it didn’t come off that way. I was just replying to the guy who said they added 2 SEC players to the defense by saying they didn’t truly add them defensively most of the time but like you said situationally. 

Anyone know what the issue is with the game day and location?

No offene taken. From what have seen of both teams, how do you rate, or rather, see the run game of one vs the run defense of the other?

I have no idea about the game date issue.

3 hours ago, TinPigskin said:

If Whitehaven loses, should we revisit all the posts that predicted a win for them?  The original poster asked for predictions, and this guy predicted a Lausanne victory.  Seems innocent enough, right?

You are more than welcome to revisit any post on here you like, it won’t bother me one bit. I never implied that it wasn’t innocent. Do you think there is something wrong with us having a discussion about our predictions? 

1 hour ago, kwc said:

No offene taken. From what have seen of both teams, how do you rate, or rather, see the run game of one vs the run defense of the other?

I have no idea about the game date issue.

Both teams want to run the ball and I think both will have success. Having McBride back for Whitehaven will be huge. If they are able to handle the Lausanne D line and get to the LBs, it may be a long night for the Lynx. However, if the D line is able to keep the Whitehaven OL away from their backers, they won’t have as much success. Middle linebacker Yusef Thomas is maybe the most underrated LB in the city. I think  Lausanne will have more success running than they did last year. They have looked good this year (against inferior competition obviously). They returned 3 starters from last year and Eric Gray has put on 10-15 pounds of muscle and gotten faster. Missing Bryson Eason (if he doesn’t suit up) may end up being the difference in the game. I hate to see injuries, especially with a big game like this. 

Dannyq- the reason i was told this game was moved to Thursday at Lausanne from the beginning was because of the neighborhood didn’t want the game to be there  and didn’t want to hear the band from Whitehaven ? If the game is played at Whitehaven they should split the gate just my opinion because it was originally a home game for Lausanne unless Kevin and them renew a 2 year contract and Lausanne host them .

12 hours ago, Havengrad04 said:

You are more than welcome to revisit any post on here you like, it won’t bother me one bit. I never implied that it wasn’t innocent. Do you think there is something wrong with us having a discussion about our predictions? 

My apologies.  Didn't realize that "Noted; we'll revisit this comment Friday morning..." signified an in-depth conversation.  Please continue with your discussion....

20 hours ago, kwc said:

Booger:

That's a very good team. You are correct, Lausanne doesn't have Whitehaven's depth. But, regardless of that fact, they still won last year. Whitehaven's won't fall for that again, and underestimate this team. They have our full attention. They will receive the proper respect due to them, believe that.

yes that is a very good team...they road graded us in the gold ball contest playin about 17 or 18 players....

...but they r not the defense of last season....put trust in that comment

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

45 minutes ago, kwc said:

I'm glad that is settled. Friday. I'LL be in the place to be come Friday. Why on Earth was it changed from Thursday to Friday? Obviously, it made sense to someone.

Word that but I’m hearing is Rhodes double booked their facilities. Not sure how that happens, but at least this happened on Monday rather than Wednesday I guess. 

• CoachT changed the title to Whitehaven vs Lausanne, Friday, Wk 4, at Rhodes College