USJ travels 2 miles to TCA

BigEdMo

Friday is time for a backyard battle again. USJ comes in 0-2-1 to face TCA at 2-1. USJ has faced larger D1 class schools. TCA has faced 2 D2 schools one of which may be in the title game this year. Plus TCA beat region rival Adamsville this past Friday. Not sure at this point how this will go. USJ has always handled us and I am Sure they expect nothing different. TCA has a scrappy group this year that will be willing to put up a fight. What are the thoughts out there.  Let’s hear it and let’s get it started. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha!  BigEd you are just a little off with your stats!  They are about 1.45 miles apart! Haha. Also, are you trying to bait the USJ fans? Lol. I will get to some facts in a minute.  Everybody knows we shoot straight.  In 2012 USJ was clearly the better team and won 31-7.  In 2013 and 2014 TCA was clearly the better team and won 35-0,52-14.  In 2015 TCA was the better team but didn’t have their QB situation figured out and lost 41-21.  Would have been reversed if they played later.  In 2016, USJ was the dominant team and won by a blowout.  Don’t remember the score.  2017 it was a tossup and USJ won 35-30.  It came down to the last minute of the game.  BidEd and I have pretty well called it like it was all those years.  2015 was the only question mark early on.  2018 TCA is the better team and should win by 2 TD’s.  USJ is big and will hit you hard and have a genius Offensive Coordinator and will keep it close because of those factors.  The rivalry will keep if close early but TCA’s speed and skill players will prevail in the end.  If TCA turns it over often USJ could sneak out a win.  Pray for an injury free and fun game.  

USJ is still a little hard to read. We saw some good things from Reynolds at QB against Crockett when he was forced into action after losing our starting QB for the season. Some of the timing issues, etc. I expect to be cleaned up after taking 1st team reps for a week or two. To be honest, we were so outmatched at Haywood on Friday, I didn't learn much more about our team. Our D is solid but lacks a little top-end speed, so containment of Davis may prove to be a challenge. We don't have that Buie/Miller tandem of course, but we have a variety of weapons and I expect us to score points. I anticipate a fairly high scoring but close rivalry match on Friday night. It will be SRO crowd as always over on Windy City and we are looking forward to it.

On 9/3/2018 at 11:31 PM, Bellsburg2 said:

USJ is still a little hard to read. We saw some good things from Reynolds at QB against Crockett when he was forced into action after losing our starting QB for the season. Some of the timing issues, etc. I expect to be cleaned up after taking 1st team reps for a week or two. To be honest, we were so outmatched at Haywood on Friday, I didn't learn much more about our team. Our D is solid but lacks a little top-end speed, so containment of Davis may prove to be a challenge. We don't have that Buie/Miller tandem of course, but we have a variety of weapons and I expect us to score points. I anticipate a fairly high scoring but close rivalry match on Friday night. It will be SRO crowd as always over on Windy City and we are looking forward to it.

Agreed. It's similar to last year where you think if they could just clean up the mistakes, fumbles, penalties, dropped passes and missed tackles they could be good. But last year they never did clean those up...

As for this week: it's size versus speed. Usually the advantage goes to speed. Plus, from what I've seen TCA will execute better and make fewer mistakes. If USJ pounds the rock, controls the clock and keeps the ball out of TCA's hands then they could win, but TCA is a slight favorite IMO.

Sure are a lot of high hopes for us this game. We have only won 4 times in this rivalry. And 2 times we scored 35 and 55. I really See this being a low scoring game. Kids seem to press hard in this game which can lead to mistakes. I feel If our boys can relax and just play ball we will win. But you just never know. 

7 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Sure are a lot of high hopes for us this game. We have only won 4 times in this rivalry. And 2 times we scored 35 and 55. I really See this being a low scoring game. Kids seem to press hard in this game which can lead to mistakes. I feel If our boys can relax and just play ball we will win. But you just never know. 

It feels strange for ole Ppride to be over here on tha high society side of Tha T ,think I need me a sweater vest to join this thread!!!! I feel like TCA speed and athleticism  is gonna be a shock an awe type thing for the baby bears !!!!