D-B football

DandDD

22 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I have all the respect in the world for Alcoa, for a small school they are beyond incredible.   But at the same time I just refuse to accept that a school the size of DB's band is going to shellack the Tribe.    DB had a couple of games to work out the kinks but have since outscored the last 2 opponents  to the tune of 79-21.     Kingsport is back on the 6A map.   Alcoa, you're next.   Tribe takes this one 26-24.     For those doubting Thomases amongst us, I'll go ahead and save you the time, you can just cut-and-paste this response:    "Oh come on blazer, you have been drinking too much of that Booneshine, the F5 Tornado is going to absolutely shred that whatchamacallit team from Kingsport..."

I’ve read thousands of posts on coach t over the years. This is the most unrealistic thing I’ve ever read.  This will be another Tar and feathering. Alcoa rolls big.  Real big. Big big.  

• Like 1

I am a loyal tribe supporter, and want them to do as well as possible.  I have also watched film of the Alcoa Maryville game.  Big , fast, and aggressive at all positions.  Here's another statement that most will think is ridiculous.   Greeneville should be glad that they are not on a collision course with Alcoa.  The Devils could not hold this team.   As of yesterday, ranked the number one team in Tn in all divisions, and number 44 in the nation.  That will be very evident by the end of the first quarter next week.  Just being honest...

5 hours ago, johndeere said:

I am a loyal tribe supporter, and want them to do as well as possible.  I have also watched film of the Alcoa Maryville game.  Big , fast, and aggressive at all positions.  Here's another statement that most will think is ridiculous.   Greeneville should be glad that they are not on a collision course with Alcoa.  The Devils could not hold this team.   As of yesterday, ranked the number one team in Tn in all divisions, and number 44 in the nation.  That will be very evident by the end of the first quarter next week.  Just being honest...

Also being honest here.As I've said about those rankings,any one of the legitimate top teams in the state could beat the other top teams . To name a few, Oakland,Maryville,Alcoa,Greeneville and some of those private schools .All are fine teams ,but there are other  teams in the state that can beat all of them on any given night .I  wouldn't care a bit to see Greeneville play any one of them this year and  if they win or lose,just enjoy two well coached and very athletic teams.We haven't won anything this year and there are a couple more 4a teams that are capable of sending us home in the Playoffs that concerns me a thousand more times then the IFL in which we play teams like Brentwood Academy, Oakland or a dozen others not in 4a.Dobyns Bennett does play Alcoa and if you think somewhere in the back of folks minds,that Greeneville game against DB will enter into the thought process with some of those people,your probably right.Myself,you can't go by common opponents a 100% but there will be  those that use this upcoming game to compare.You had better hope It's something stupid like saying DB is really doing a lot better and could beat the brakes off of Maryville in the playoffs.Other then that, it's just Apples and oranges.We could have thrown every down or they pulled their starters quicker.

Edited by BatmanDevil

5 hours ago, theoldfootballman said:

I’ve read thousands of posts on coach t over the years. This is the most unrealistic thing I’ve ever read.  This will be another Tar and feathering. Alcoa rolls big.  Real big. Big big.  

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I agree to a large extent on what you're saying, but you have to have faith in the Tribe!

I doubt if the Tennessee river does like the Red Sea when Dobyns Bennett travels down,that "theoldfootballman" would develope enough faith for him to think DB was going to beat Alcoa.I'd say he would see it as Dobyns Bennett being the Egyptian army and coach Christian the Pharaoh .That would also be faith and I think he has it.

6 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I agree to a large extent on what you're saying, but you have to have faith in the Tribe!

im also going with db playing a good game against alcoa. if it wasnt for the conservative playcalling last year we would have beaten alcoa and should have beaten that bradley central team that  we were kicking their ---sses until once again conservative playcalling  killed by u know who and that terrible call against us when we had alcoa beat, So my son plays for db and he will do his part i just hope everybody else will, dont know why everyone is so frightened of alcoa they still have to stop our offense our running gameas well. i know first two games were terrible but we are playing a whole lot better now and dont give a crap what u scaredy cats are saying you are going on speculation that they are unbeatable we had them last year beat on 4th and 8 and that sorry ref made a phathom they got 1st down and scored but if not for call we had them.I know uor defense is suspect but its plAYING Absolutely better and we have players on offense as good as theres other than possibly recievers so i cant wait till we meet them next week and you scaredy cats go hang out with your momma.

5 minutes ago, the real deal said:

im also going with db playing a good game against alcoa. if it wasnt for the conservative playcalling last year we would have beaten alcoa and should have beaten that bradley central team that  we were kicking their ---sses until once again conservative playcalling  killed by u know who and that terrible call against us when we had alcoa beat, So my son plays for db and he will do his part i just hope everybody else will, dont know why everyone is so frightened of alcoa they still have to stop our offense our running gameas well. i know first two games were terrible but we are playing a whole lot better now and dont give a crap what u scaredy cats are saying you are going on speculation that they are unbeatable we had them last year beat on 4th and 8 and that sorry ref made a phathom they got 1st down and scored but if not for call we had them.I know uor defense is suspect but its plAYING Absolutely better and we have players on offense as good as theres other than possibly recievers so i cant wait till we meet them next week and you scaredy cats go hang out with your momma.

I hear ya! However, that ref made the correct call. Enjoy your week off! Safe travels to Alcoa next week!:thumb:

1 hour ago, the real deal said:

5 hours ago, the real deal said:

It's very hard to watch any young man  play his last game in the playoffs and come up short like last years Bradley central game.The hardest group I ever seen play their last game  at DB was in 2008 .You write with the same attitude I wrote with before the 2009 game against Maryville.The difference is this game against Alcoa won't end DB's season.You go into any fight and give it your all.I'd love to see DB give Alcoa a good game .It will take DB's best effort and make zero mistakes while getting a few gifts.Yes,it's possible but Alcoa is also the real deal this year ,This is a great chance for the DB players to get better as a team for playing this game.