D-B football

DandDD

29 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I have all the respect in the world for Alcoa, for a small school they are beyond incredible.   But at the same time I just refuse to accept that a school the size of DB's band is going to shellack the Tribe.    DB had a couple of games to work out the kinks but have since outscored the last 2 opponents  to the tune of 79-21.     Kingsport is back on the 6A map.   Alcoa, you're next.   Tribe takes this one 26-24.     For those doubting Thomases amongst us, I'll go ahead and save you the time, you can just cut-and-paste this response:    "Oh come on blazer, you have been drinking too much of that Booneshine, the F5 Tornado is going to absolutely shred that whatchamacallit team from Kingsport..."

Alcoa will destroy DB.....

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I have all the respect in the world for Alcoa, for a small school they are beyond incredible.   But at the same time I just refuse to accept that a school the size of DB's band is going to shellack the Tribe.    DB had a couple of games to work out the kinks but have since outscored the last 2 opponents  to the tune of 79-21.     Kingsport is back on the 6A map.   Alcoa, you're next.   Tribe takes this one 26-24.     For those doubting Thomases amongst us, I'll go ahead and save you the time, you can just cut-and-paste this response:    "Oh come on blazer, you have been drinking too much of that Booneshine, the F5 Tornado is going to absolutely shred that whatchamacallit team from Kingsport..."

Welp, blazer I knew this day was coming.........You have officially jumped the shark. 

Alcoa is one of the teams I always use in the argument that it doesn't really matter what size the school is. I think Alcoa has the best team in the state this year, (all divisions) and this could be the best Alcoa team ever. DB is down this year, way down. A first year head coach with four games under his belt. Those last two DB opponents are just not good football teams. This years Sevier Co. team might be their worst ever. Alcoa's QB is a very good passer (and runner). DB hasn't  been able to defend against a good QB in 15 years. Thats not going to change in a week. If DB can stay within 21 points of Alcoa they should name a street after Christian. 

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Don't get me wrong,any team in any sport has a chance unless it is a deal like poor ole Goliath walked into.DB has a big line ,great back and will have a much needed player back for this game..Now,take the DB band you mentioned for instance.If Robinson and Sevier middle schools were a fourth their size as was DB.However,the band system was still the same.You would still have the same great band at a much smaller high school.Well,in Alcoa you just replace the huge band with a greater then average per student ratio of super athletes and there you have Alcoa football.You could bring in 1500 more students there and build a school the size of Dobyns Bennett and then what would you have. I'll tell you.The same great football team with probably the second biggest band in the state.

You guys could be right, and absolutely no disrespect to the Alcoa program in any of the above statements, they are definitely one of the best over the years.    In general I do think that school size matters, but there are always anomalies like Alcoa and Greeneville.    I'm still going with the Tribe in what some might consider somewhat of an upset.

21 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

You guys could be right, and absolutely no disrespect to the Alcoa program in any of the above statements, they are definitely one of the best over the years.    In general I do think that school size matters, but there are always anomalies like Alcoa and Greeneville.    I'm still going with the Tribe in what some might consider somewhat of an upset.

Would be a HUGE upset! If it happens, I’ll be the first come congratulate DB with the win. However, when it goes the other way, don’t go into hiding. Still have another game with Pigeon Forge this week. One game at a time. See ya in a couple! :thumb:

2 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Would be a HUGE upset! If it happens, I’ll be the first come congratulate DB with the win. However, when it goes the other way, don’t go into hiding. Still have another game with Pigeon Forge this week. One game at a time. See ya in a couple! :thumb:

I agree, we will keep all our predictions out in the open.    Eventually someone should start a DB/Alcoa thread and I'll try to remember my 26-24 and post it on there.....

46 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I agree, we will keep all our predictions out in the open.    Eventually someone should start a DB/Alcoa thread and I'll try to remember my 26-24 and post it on there.....

I doubt slant will forget your prediction.:cool: If your score is correct...he will be the first to congratulate you :lol:. We both predicted DB would beat SH but if you pull this prediction off, I'll proclaim it "Blazer1set day "on coacht ! 

• Upvote 1