Time to move Alcoa to 6A

coachrus

1 hour ago, scots50 said:

BC, how is our Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) recruiting budget? I am headed to Warsaw, Poland soon on business and I hear they are some 6’4” 260lb 13 year olds there. I recon we need a few new earth movers in the pipeline.  Is the benefits package still the same? 

We have it covered budget wise. Go ahead and bring their parents also. I'll start the paperwork to get the kids enrolled and parents jobs at Alcoa/Arconic. 

Build it and they will come! Next....who's........Next!!

50 minutes ago, Indian said:

Alcoa principal has stated he plans to limit enrollment, if local growth caused an increase he’d cut back or down on tuition students. They seem to be 3A for the duration unless they move up on their own or classifications are transformed completely. 

Did he??? Shows how much you know. With the increase in capacity of the new school,  the plan was/is to bump the enrollment in stages. This is very wize, and was the plan from the beginning. AND,........he Principal is a She.

Ha.....if Alcoa does move up...no way your sequatchie Indians still have a chance in 3A!!!

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Did he??? Shows how much you know. With the increase in capacity of the new school,  the plan was/is to bump the enrollment in stages. This is very wize, and was the plan from the beginning. AND,........he Principal is a She.

Ha.....if Alcoa does move up...no way your sequatchie Indians still have a chance in 3A!!!

Director of Schools, not Principal

FD406501-8D7D-4BA4-9025-CCB80DC2DFD3.jpeg

38 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Your one from Heritage threw three touchdowns.

Yeah! They were nice! The catches were sweet too! However, if that’s true, he at least came up through AMS. Without at least one of yours from Alcoa, merryville would be 2-2....maybe 1-3....

Edited by Throwdeslant

In all actuality Blount County is really at fault for the whole thing. Back in the late 80's they cancelled the football program at Eagleton on a money saving venture. Those kids had two choices, go to Alcoa or wait two years to play football again in high school. Eagleton was the main feeder program into Heritage and once that system was broken they went from having a 60-46 record in the 80's to a 19-82 record in the 90's. Then you get into 2000 to now or let's say the end of this year because Heritage isn't going to win a game and the record for those 19 years is 41-156. Once that cycle was broken and all those kids kept coming to Alcoa instead of Heritage when the Eagleton program restarted the Mountaineers never regained its ability again. If you don't believe me follow the pictures from the 89 Alcoa Championship team with 32 players just a few years later with 60 plus players in the early 2000's. That didn't happen because all the boy's at Alcoa started drinking their milk. It was half the kids that should of been playing for Heritage that ended up in this cycle that was created by the county themselves. Once those kids had no choice and most of them came it was like The Ho Chi Minh Trail to Alcoa not to ever be broken. I'm not throwing stones at Alcoa but the county for letting such buffoonery happen when they shut Eagleton down for a few years. When they restarted that program back it has never been a shadow of what it once was. My only fuss with Alcoa is when someone says that little 3A team or a big majority of it's male students play football. Well Duh.................. In the 80's Heritage won 6 of the ten games between them and Alcoa. In the 80's Alcoa was 76-34, 81-39 in the 90's and 241-33 in the past 19 years if they win out which they will. Heritage on the other hand is 41-156. That program at Heritage is now permanently destroyed. No coach on God's Green Earth can ever revive that program from the thirty years of cancer inflicted by the county for halting the main feeder program into one of it's high schools. Alcoa's gain, their loss but you know what's even funnier than that, the stupid people out in the county still think it all has something to do with Maryville.  Well except the A.D. out there who was smart enough to say if your going to beat us that's fine but My God you take our 1,500 yard rusher and move him into a rental house you didn't even need to make him eligible. He said the H E double toothpicks with you all and you can replace us with one of those Urban Farm Towns that brings thirty fans to watch a football game and see how that fits your athletic budget.

1zwccrd.jpg

19 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

In all actuality Blount County is really at fault for the whole thing. Back in the late 80's they cancelled the football program at Eagleton on a money saving venture. Those kids had two choices, go to Alcoa or wait two years to play football again in high school. Eagleton was the main feeder program into Heritage and once that system was broken they went from having a 60-46 record in the 80's to a 19-82 record in the 90's. Then you get into 2000 to now or let's say the end of this year because Heritage isn't going to win a game and the record for those 19 years is 41-156. Once that cycle was broken and all those kids kept coming to Alcoa instead of Heritage when the Eagleton program restarted the Mountaineers never regained its ability again. If you don't believe me follow the pictures from the 89 Alcoa Championship team with 32 players just a few years later with 60 plus players in the early 2000's. That didn't happen because all the boy's at Alcoa started drinking their milk. It was half the kids that should of been playing for Heritage that ended up in this cycle that was created by the county themselves. Once those kids had no choice and most of them came it was like The Ho Chi Minh Trail to Alcoa not to ever be broken. I'm not throwing stones at Alcoa but the county for letting such buffoonery happen when they shut Eagleton down for a few years. When they restarted that program back it has never been a shadow of what it once was. My only fuss with Alcoa is when someone says that little 3A team or a big majority of it's male students play football. Well Duh.................. In the 80's Heritage won 6 of the ten games between them and Alcoa. In the 80's Alcoa was 76-34, 81-39 in the 90's and 241-33 in the past 19 years if they win out which they will. Heritage on the other hand is 41-156. That program at Heritage is now permanently destroyed. No coach on God's Green Earth can ever revive that program from the thirty years of cancer inflicted by the county for halting the main feeder program into one of it's high schools. Alcoa's gain, their loss but you know what's even funnier than that, the stupid people out in the county still think it all has something to do with Maryville.  Well except the A.D. out there who was smart enough to say if your going to beat us that's fine but My God you take our 1,500 yard rusher and move him into a rental house you didn't even need to make him eligible. He said the H E double toothpicks with you all and you can replace us with one of those Urban Farm Towns that brings thirty fans to watch a football game and see how that fits your athletic budget.

1zwccrd.jpg

Sometimes I think you just like listening to yourself talk Barn. Get some rest. You need it! :thumb:

• CoachT locked this topic