Marshall County hosts Maplewood

Lead

2 hours ago, bleacher said:

Maplewood is up two touchdowns in the final minute and is taking a knee. The thugs from Marshall County come flying through and hit the quarterback. This unsportsmanlike thuggish behavior is what caused the problem you one-sided idiots. Go back to your farm and quit lying about the kids  from East Nashville that were trying to be sportsmanlike.

Well if this was true it seem like both teams the gloves came off. I need to see videos. I've seen things about both teams as I just looked. Even Maplewoods administration had said something. We never had any problems with Marshall but I hope you guys can come to some resolution.

Edited by FBfan26

2 hours ago, boski said:

exactly!! 

He looked like he was going to take a knee but he took off running, whistle was blowing but he kept running. So that’s when he throat punched our corner and that’s when chaos began! Our sophomore number 18 is walking to sideline when a Panther throws him into ground and 3 panthers are on him punching him! I have watched our entire film 3 times in slow motion and it is clear that Maplewood started it! Not directed at you Boski but mr Bleachers needs to keep quiet if he can’t watch the film! I’ve been a Tiger fan and parent for 48 years I know tigers inside and out and when a player decides not to take a knee and take off running we are coming for you! In the film we have our coaches and our players restraining our entire sideline and yes Maplewood coaches were trying to get Panthers as well- I’m not faulting their coaching staff at all- I thought they tried all night to keep them in check which was way better than last year! But Bleachers needs to see exactly what I saw when I was standing 10 ft away from it and have the film on it! We had players going to retaliate by pulling panthers off our kids so yes some did charge out there! But announcer stated anyone that goes on field will be arrested! Maplewood fans were going on field we only had one Mom go on field but we restrained her! We always have a good battle with Giles county our 50 year old rival but not to this degree! And the Maplewood thing started during playoffs game last November at Lewisburg- you see I was the one videoing all that as I stood between the cops behind me and Panthers in my face spitting on me calling me vulgar words I’ve never heard before but thank goodness I videoed that! I couldn’t get to my phone last night because I sent it to my car for some kids to go be safe in my car! But I can assure you he did not take a knee he acted like it but took off! Our coach that was punched is a retired policeman and military guy not even paid he’s a volunteer and he had to pay the price for the foolishness of #60 punching him! Outrageous behavior and the taunting went on and on- you know when we play at Maplewood and win or lose we go to the field and pray and get on our bus and leave immediately! I really wished it could just go back to playing ball and win or lose no fighting! Because I’m tired of taking the high road, I’ve had enough and now are fans are afraid to come watch us play Maplewood. Makes me sick!

5 hours ago, Swarm said:

Thugs and idiots sound like very solid adjectives to me. WTH else would you call them? Model Americans??

I dont care what kind of home life or poverty you live in. Behavior like that leads to prison or someone getting killed. This is high school football. No place for that mess. TSSAA should make an example of them NOW. 

Yes agree totally!

12 minutes ago, Lovemytigers3 said:

He looked like he was going to take a knee but he took off running, whistle was blowing but he kept running. So that’s when he throat punched our corner and that’s when chaos began! Our sophomore number 18 is walking to sideline when a Panther throws him into ground and 3 panthers are on him punching him! I have watched our entire film 3 times in slow motion and it is clear that Maplewood started it! Not directed at you Boski but mr Bleachers needs to keep quiet if he can’t watch the film! I’ve been a Tiger fan and parent for 48 years I know tigers inside and out and when a player decides not to take a knee and take off running we are coming for you! In the film we have our coaches and our players restraining our entire sideline and yes Maplewood coaches were trying to get Panthers as well- I’m not faulting their coaching staff at all- I thought they tried all night to keep them in check which was way better than last year! But Bleachers needs to see exactly what I saw when I was standing 10 ft away from it and have the film on it! We had players going to retaliate by pulling panthers off our kids so yes some did charge out there! But announcer stated anyone that goes on field will be arrested! Maplewood fans were going on field we only had one Mom go on field but we restrained her! We always have a good battle with Giles county our 50 year old rival but not to this degree! And the Maplewood thing started during playoffs game last November at Lewisburg- you see I was the one videoing all that as I stood between the cops behind me and Panthers in my face spitting on me calling me vulgar words I’ve never heard before but thank goodness I videoed that! I couldn’t get to my phone last night because I sent it to my car for some kids to go be safe in my car! But I can assure you he did not take a knee he acted like it but took off! Our coach that was punched is a retired policeman and military guy not even paid he’s a volunteer and he had to pay the price for the foolishness of #60 punching him! Outrageous behavior and the taunting went on and on- you know when we play at Maplewood and win or lose we go to the field and pray and get on our bus and leave immediately! I really wished it could just go back to playing ball and win or lose no fighting! Because I’m tired of taking the high road, I’ve had enough and now are fans are afraid to come watch us play Maplewood. Makes me sick!

Did the officials stop/call  the game after this altercation??

3 hours ago, bleacher said:

Maplewood is up two touchdowns in the final minute and is taking a knee. The thugs from Marshall County come flying through and hit the quarterback. This unsportsmanlike thuggish behavior is what caused the problem you one-sided idiots. Go back to your farm and quit lying about the kids  from East Nashville that were trying to be sportsmanlike.

Make sure you read my detailed report of the game if I could send you my HUDL film sir I would- I promise you would see it from my point of view! Our coach should have pressed charges just like last year Walking to my car when #28 and six more spit and cussed me by myself keeping my head down not even looking there way and the entire team comes after about 4 of us women and the one player who had just been interviewed all our Tigers were already on the buses when Maplewood came after our single player! Sir unless you’ve been thru it you can’t imagine how scared I was! Last night wasn’t like that because Maplewood coaches were in way better control until the last minute. If you are going to take a knee don’t get up and start running and whistle blow and keep running- we are going to tackle you!!! I should have pressed charges last year- I can assure you I’ve had enough! Very talented Panthers just need discipline and they would go far this year- so you can call me a liar but the film don’t lie!

2 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Did the officials stop/call  the game after this altercation??

Yes it was maybe 30 seconds left and after breaking everyone up and getting it separated clock just ran off and no we did not shake hands after all this! Cops were on field quickly and coaches got Panthers on bus pretty quickly but they had to drag a few that kept taunting us and the few fans that jumped fence and taunted as well- clearly stated they would all be arrested but nobody got arrested, bus stayed around way too long about 30-40 minutes should have been gone. But maybe coaches had to talk to cops and that’s why they sat there so long. But I’m giving some credit like I said Maplewood coaches at least tried this year to keep them at bay. We’ve got lots of kids from similar backgrounds and they don’t act that way! Too much talent on that Panthers team to keep acting this way- I think until someone gets hurt or suspended it will continue unfortunately.

On 9/15/2018 at 8:14 AM, boski said:

buzz off pest!! ..this is not even your thread.. you act like Springfield is Saints Academy.. GTH outta here with that.. 

Isn't this the second consecutive year that there has been a brawl at a Maplewood vs Marshall County game?  This is a sad representation of high school athletics and will unfortunately have a ripple effect that will effect some innocent kids in the next 24-48 hours.  

49 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Isn't this the second consecutive year that there has been a brawl at a Maplewood vs Marshall County game?  This is a sad representation of high school athletics and will unfortunately have a ripple effect that will effect some innocent kids in the next 24-48 hours.  

Yes at our playoff game in November and this game. Maplewood is very good this year, in fact we’ve beaten them the last 4 times and they clearly are the best I’ve seen since them. But when you have a player sucker punch a retired military guy who was a cop, I’m sorry I just can’t let it go! They won fair and square, I’m not taking anything away from that but you take the knee and don’t take off running and maybe it wouldn’t have happened. But last year was 45 minutes after the game was over and our team was on bus already why weren’t they? Last year was planned out it was obvious and TSSAA did nothing about it, so now they know they can keep on. I really wanted our volunteer coach to press charges, that kid is 18! Y’all can call it drama all you want but our fans are going to quit coming to Maplewood games whether here or away. So it needs to be addressed and their behavior at region banquet should have been addressed as well . I could go on about all, but I just want to play football and if we lose to the better team that’s fine, but we shouldn’t have to be afraid of  it’s almost the end of the game what’s going to happen this time? Just get them disciplined and they will be fine! We are a rural school with 80% free lunch, so it’s not like we are a lot different culture or economic community than them, before someone chimes in on that!