Milan @ Covington Week 5

fanoffootball2013

7 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Carlos was fast. No doubts. He seemed a lot smaller though. How do the two compare in size and weight?

Just assumed you knew...Carlos was not just fast, he was lightning in a pair of cleats. Carlos set the record for the sixty yard dash (what the baseball combine uses). Not the high school record...not the state record… he set the all time fastest ever recorded time, beating out Kenny Lofton's old record... Google it. We had a kid at Scotts Hill that was seriously fast (4.37 forty), and Carlos was a full stride or more ahead of him in the sixty at the baseball camp at Arlington about three years ago...I knew then that he was exceptional. 

As for size and weight comparison, maybe the info on Carlos when you Google him will help, it's an interesting read. 

Edited by tradertwo

10 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Just assumed you knew...Carlos was not just fast, he was lightning in a pair of cleats. Carlos set the record for the sixty yard dash (what the baseball combine uses). Not the high school record...not the state record… he set the all time fastest ever recorded time, beating out Kenny Lofton's old record... Google it. We had a kid at Scotts Hill that was seriously fast (4.37 forty), and Carlos was a full stride or more ahead of him in the sixty at the baseball camp at Arlington about three years ago...I knew then that he was exceptional. 

As for size and weight comparison, maybe the info on Carlos when you Google him will help, it's an interesting read. 

I think the #7 kid is different from Carlos ( not taking anything from Carlos because he is a great athlete) . He is bigger than Carlos & spead I really can't say in comparison but he has plenty of it. I think what separates the two is the physicality. Hayes is hard to bring down if you can get to him & will run you over.

Go Chargers!

1 minute ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

I think the #7 kid is different from Carlos ( not taking anything from Carlos because he is a great athlete) . He is bigger than Carlos & spead I really can't say in comparison but he has plenty of it. I think what separates the two is the physicality. Hayes is hard to bring down if you can get to him & will run you over.

Go Chargers!

I've never seen #7, but (no disrespect to him at all) I can safely say I guarantee he isn't as fast as Carlos. In case you missed it, he set the FASTEST TIME EVER RECORDED in the sixty yard dash...not with some high school coaches stopwatch...major league baseball laser timed at the combine.

There have been plenty of very fast backs at Covington over the years, Micheal Grandberry, Darron White, Chris Burnett, Carlos Williams, Leslie Adams, Antonio Gaines, and I'm sure I am missing a few, speed is one thing Covington has never really lacked in. 

As for the Milan game, if they can pass anything like Brighton did against Covington it could turn into a close game. Milan will have their hands full with that Covington offense though. They are running wide open right now. I expect a great game come friday night. It's always a good game when Milan and Covington play.

19 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I believe his first name was “John” and last name Poe was the best player I ever saw play at Covington. Went on to UT. 

Yep, John Poe and Darron White were "Thunder and Lightning" in the Charger backfield. Poe was Thunder and White was Lightning. I watched them play on opposing Middle School teams when in the 8th grade. Each was the only one who could tackle the other.

They were dominant forces in high school. Poe went to UT and played linebacker. White was at Memphis as a wide receiver when Tommy West was the coach. West occasionally put White in the backfield with DeAngelo Williams. Darron still appears in the Memphis record books for receiving.

It's fun to recall this stuff.

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Yep, John Poe and Darron White were "Thunder and Lightning" in the Charger backfield. Poe was Thunder and White was Lightning. I watched them play on opposing Middle School teams when in the 8th grade. Each was the only one who could tackle the other.

They were dominant forces in high school. Poe went to UT and played linebacker. White was at Memphis as a wide receiver when Tommy West was the coach. West occasionally put White in the backfield with DeAngelo Williams. Darron still appears in the Memphis record books for receiving.

It's fun to recall this stuff.

I thought he was better on the defensive side of the ball in high school. jMHO