PHS vs Halls

Goldenpride

2 hours ago, Theoverseer1278 said:

And at least they got a coach that was hired earlier.   Maybe they had time to have a signing day at Halls middle school.    I think they hired their coach in January.    I'm sure he has taught his kids to have some class unlike the coaches at Peabody.   The kids are cussing and taunting.    Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.    Embarrassing.  

No room in this world for people who can’t take it when they get their rear ends kicked in. If you don’t like it, don’t partake in it. I really don’t think any of the kids & coaches at Peabody were just jumping out of the edge of their seat all week long wanting to play Humboldt cause they all know & we all know what was going to go down. & it wasn’t even like Peabody was being arrogant in anyway by putting up 72 points. Your job on defense when you go onto that football field is to stop the offense & if you can’t do it, then don’t cry about someone who is just doing what they’re supposed to do within the confines of the game, & that is score points. It’s hard to go out there & not score when Peabody had 3-4 one play TD possessions. All I hear is whine & I don’t have time to serve you cheese with it. 

2 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

No room in this world for people who can’t take it when they get their rear ends kicked in. If you don’t like it, don’t partake in it. I really don’t think any of the kids & coaches at Peabody were just jumping out of the edge of their seat all week long wanting to play Humboldt cause they all know & we all know what was going to go down. & it wasn’t even like Peabody was being arrogant in anyway by putting up 72 points. Your job on defense when you go onto that football field is to stop the offense & if you can’t do it, then don’t cry about someone who is just doing what they’re supposed to do within the confines of the game, & that is score points. It’s hard to go out there & not score when Peabody had 3-4 one play TD possessions. All I hear is whine & I don’t have time to serve you cheese with it. 

Really anybody could have scored. They didn’t punt and gave us the ball on the 1 yard line 10 yard line. I mean if you aren’t punting ever it’s going to be a rough road against anyone 

53 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Really anybody could have scored. They didn’t punt and gave us the ball on the 1 yard line 10 yard line. I mean if you aren’t punting ever it’s going to be a rough road against anyone 

I know it’s rivalry, but I don’t think having Humboldt on the schedule anymore is what would be best for our program. It’s just deteriorated so much with a future that isn’t bright 

6 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I know it’s rivalry, but I don’t think having Humboldt on the schedule anymore is what would be best for our program. It’s just deteriorated so much with a future that isn’t bright 

I’d like to see Huntingdon or Waverly on the schedule.   Either would be a good test for the boys.  

6 minutes ago, TPeabodyGT said:

I’d like to see Huntingdon or Waverly on the schedule.   Either would be a good test for the boys.  

Yes. We are at the level where we need to try to eliminate the games that’ll end in the first quarter. I think Huntington should be included bc that used to be a game where we used to measure to see if we could compete at a high level of football in this area. 

6 hours ago, Theoverseer1278 said:

The referees huddling for almost 2 minutes gave your senior linebacker some nice time to figure it out!

I’m sure that was what helped Peabody score the other 64 points in the game.

Im sorry, but that one thing can’t overturn an entire game. Best team won and that’s all.

Edited by PHSRollTide

1 hour ago, TPeabodyGT said:

Mustangs would love to tackle the Tide next season. Both teams with outstanding junior classes that will be among the favorites in 1a and 2a next season. These kids know each other and love to compete. I'll talk it up on my end.