Oak Ridge travels to defensive minded Knoxville West

WillieTheWildcats

The Wildcats of Oak Ridge embark on a long string of road games by visiting Knoxville West. West has been known for their tough defense in recent years and 2018 is no different. The Rebels opened the season with two close defeats, a 0 - 9 contest to a good Bearden team and a heart breaker to Harden Valley 12 - 15. Since then they have defeated Karns 42 - 14 and bested Halls 35 - 0.

Oak Ridge is moving forward after a loss that should not have happened. The Mighty Cardinal and Gray currently stand at 3 -1 with wins  over Harden Valley, Kingsport D-B and Campbell County. 

Last season was a low scoring game with OR winning.  How will the Wildcats respond after a loss? Can West continue their two game win streak?

What say you?

Edited by WillieTheWildcats

1 hour ago, FHS_Admiral said:

If Karns can score 14 on West, OR will score at least 24 with their speed and athletes.  OR is also better than Bearden or any team West has faced.  I see it 24-7 OR but it could be worse.

Wow! I remember the two games with them last year and I just don’t see it. I hear the defense is great again. I’ll take OR but more like 14-7  or 17-7 but I hope you’re right!

Edited by catswild

On 9/8/2018 at 2:00 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

The Wildcats of Oak Ridge embark on a long string of road games by visiting Knoxville West. West has been known for their tough defense in recent years and 2018 is no different. The Rebels opened the season with two close defeats, a 0 - 9 contest to a good Bearden team and a heart breaker to Harden Valley 12 - 15. Since then they have defeated Karns 42 - 14 and bested Halls 35 - 0.

Oak Ridge is moving forward after a loss that should not have happened. The Mighty Cardinal and Gray currently stand at 3 -1 with wins  over Harden Valley, Kingsport D-B and Campbell County. 

Last season was a low scoring game with OR winning.  How will the Wildcats respond after a loss? Can West continue their two game win streak?

What say you?

if by defnsive minded West you mean bad at offense then yeah ill take the wildcats in a big way. you know me though

14 minutes ago, OneEyedKing said:

if by defnsive minded West you mean bad at offense then yeah ill take the wildcats in a big way. you know me though

Welcome OneEyedKing. I don't really know you or what team you cheer for. Sorry.

I love you are taking the Wildcats to win. 

Just to be clear, I was not meaning their offense is bad. I have not seen West play but have read about them, know a little history and seen the scores for 2018. They seem to me to be very good on defense with several players worthy of playing on Saturdays.

Talk with ya later. RWR!

12 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Welcome OneEyedKing. I don't really know you or what team you cheer for. Sorry.

I love you are taking the Wildcats to win. 

Just to be clear, I was not meaning their offense is bad. I have not seen West play but have read about them, know a little history and seen the scores for 2018. They seem to me to be very good on defense with several players worthy of playing on Saturdays.

Talk with ya later. RWR!

thank you for the hopitality willie. im just an ole has been from sneedville that just loves me some high school football from what i can tell West has good boys to plya football but the coach just doesnt let the boys play on offense. to many good athletes in my humble opinion for the WildCats in this one that just me though. you know me. i say Wildcats 35 rebles 6