Jefferson County @ Farragut

FHS_Admiral

2 hours ago, OneEyedKing said:

the patrits used to be tuff to handle but then all there good boys started going down 11-e to west or across the lake to bean station high. 

Well, even West hasn't had what I would call a really good team in awhile. Back in the late 90s early 2000s they gave Maryville all they wanted though in the old 5A classification.

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Well, even West hasn't had what I would call a really good team in awhile. Back in the late 90s early 2000s they gave Maryville all they wanted though in the old 5A classification.

Yeah, I don't understand what's happened to Morristown West either.  Like you said Sweet, they used to be really good and give Maryville good competition.  Wonder why they have regressed?

6 hours ago, FHS_Admiral said:

Yeah, I don't understand what's happened to Morristown West either.  Like you said Sweet, they used to be really good and give Maryville good competition.  Wonder why they have regressed?

That's a good question. I have no idea. It seems the only two teams who never go through hard times are Maryville and Alcoa. Everybody else is susceptible to these things except for those 2 it seems haha

2 hours ago, rebelsrecruit said:

Maryville and Alcoa have the benefit of picking up kids from knox and blount county. This type of stuff hurts High School Sports but mostly football. If a kid is zoned for a school he/she should play for the kid they are zoned for.

2 hours ago, rebelsrecruit said:

Maryville and Alcoa have the benefit of picking up kids from knox and blount county. This type of stuff hurts High School Sports but mostly football. If a kid is zoned for a school he/she should play for the kid they are zoned for.

Yeah, but I don't think they recruit in the way that you think. Kids from all over come there to play for and to win championships. That's what happens when you build a culture of winning like they have. The names recruit themselves. With that said, there's something to be said for playing with all homegrown kids. It makes me proud to know that 98% of our guys were born and raised here in OR. Now if we started winning title after title with kids from all over I might change my mind haha. 

• Like 1

Farragut lost a good player to Maryville a few years back and we have never heard the end of it yet. The father was going to send the kid somewhere else no matter what and so happens one of his work associates suggested looking at Maryville. It didn't hurt things that work partner happened to have played for Maryville, Tennessee and The Dallas Cowboys.

6 minutes ago, rebelsrecruit said:

Farragut ain't the only team that has lost players to Maryville. It's supposed to be a lottery system but it's funny that if a good athlete applies for that lottery their number gets pulled.

You need to live closer to the situation and you might learn the truth. I know of only six kids off the top of my head that came here in the last twelve years that made any difference at all on the field and have listened how they ended up here. Most were from out of state which being a school with 1,600 students are going to get a transfer every now and then. If your talking about Maryville and Alcoa players they have both had two dozen each go both ways over the past twelve years also. Maryville will not take a tuition student for football reasons as you are suggesting. The school is over crowded and busting at the seams. It don't matter where you go to watch a ballgame at locally you can count on some varmint setting close by that is running their mouth about Maryville and things they have heard and added to. They add so much that it's not even believable to anyone.

20s9cuc.jpg