Peabody vs Dresden

Goldenpride

20 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

It just more blatant now. I think a lot of it is frustration but it’s up to the coaches to stop it. The thumbs up to the side line after a late hit says to me that the coaches may not be outright encouraging it but are turning a blind eye 

Yup, it’s the coach’s job to put an end to that. That’s why none of his players respect him.

7 minutes ago, Envoy said:

This is absolutely unforgivable. We shouldn’t have let Estes get back on the bus in Greenfield after he gave up 500 rushing yards to THEM. Greenfield? Are you kidding? Tonight was an extra cherry on top. He’s already dug his grave and put the nails in his own coffin. All the players from the state championship team will tell you Estes was a micro manager back then that rode Rang’s coattails and was way too incompetent to even be considered a head coach. What did we expect? We could’ve had Dubriel, an actual alumnus! Union City started that dynasty over there the year he got there. He could’ve took Rang’s math job too. We didn’t want to make a competent hire. That’s been going on for years with the administration that’s responsible for the hiring process. You made a lazy hire and ran your agenda. Estes should step down at this point. Don’t drag this out. Those kids have to be miserable. Of course, Hevy deserves props for he simply  mentioned the possibility of Dubriel just as a candidate years ago, then one of the powers that be demanded he put his initials by the FB post (which he did) and tried her best to silence that noise. Heaven forbid you say the name the ENTIRE fan base (besides the power brokers) wanted. Everybody wanted to hire him. I guess that push from those “special” individuals influenced the Estes hire even more. Now, there’s an “official” petition to get rid of Estes for several reasons, namely the players not respecting him because of his actions and words. Hevy got the last laugh on that one. 

This is so true. Every word. As a proud Dresden fan and former player this kind of play and things I hear going on from coaches after these losses are pathetic. It's time for change now. Estes has to go. Yelling and cussing these boys will never garner the respect he so madly wants.

11 minutes ago, DresdenPride said:

This is so true. Every word. As a proud Dresden fan and former player this kind of play and things I hear going on from coaches after these losses are pathetic. It's time for change now. Estes has to go. Yelling and cussing these boys will never garner the respect he so madly wants.

Wow a petition really ? 

1 hour ago, MidStateFan1 said:

He did go 9-1 last year.......

Yes because talent carried us that far. When we needed discipline and real coaching we were knocked out of the playoffs. If injury's had not killed us this year I say the same thing happens. But should wins cover our eyes and ears to the things that are happening behind the scenes?

2 hours ago, Envoy said:

We’ve never been penalized like this...this team doesn’t even know the rules of the game they play. That’s on the coaching staff. 

Idk if it is taught, but when a defender tackles the man with the ball he is not supposed to twist his ankle. I seen that a couple of occasions out there. I remember playing Dresden back in my days when they were not thought of as a “good” program and that stuff never happened when we played. They always played with somewhat knowledge of what the rules are. 

I heard that after the game tonight Trenton did not do the traditional line of handshakes with opponents. And quite a few Dresden fans are irate. BUT here is something to think about... honestly.. Peabody isn't a "bad boys, thug"  team nor do they currently have a coaching staff who is teaching or condoning such. And they are the #1 team in 2A for a reason. Soooo, the $64,000 question is, WHY would the Tide do such an act? What made them take this unnatural, not-like-them attitude? I wonder what 'their' side of this is, & their view is? I do not think anyone could ever accuse me if being anti-Dresden. If anything I am sure many (if not most fellow T-'ers) would say instead I have blinders on and am too positive about Dresden, to the point of being naïve & gullible. We can do no wrong. BUT, as a farmer said, if only a few folk call you a duck, don't pay it no mind, but if "everyone" you meet is calling you a duck, you better check yourself for web feet & hands and look for feathers. ... Maybe a few refs "have it out" for Dresden, but not all these officials, in so many games, who are saying the same thing (via penalties) are out to get us & undermine us. It's time for red-flags, "rat-sniffer" instincts, and hard-questions to be undertaken. That is, IF it's the future of Dresden sports & player's futures one is concerned about. But if someone's personal image or "reputation" or "status" or "social connections" in the community is the main thing, then this will no doubt be revealed as well during such difficult times. As for me?... Well, I think my record speaks for itself. I am like the Concrete Baptists. ... I am thoroughly mixed up and firmly set in all my ways! (WHOOP. DER IT IS! The personal revelation of my true nature).

Oh, btw, a friend showed me screenshots on older threads where posters are saying & thinking I have more than one moniker/ name/ account. Not so. Nope. My old account was hevyrevy1611, new account is HevyReturns. But there again, folk are going to believe whatever they choose to, regardless of what the truth is. I only personally know two posters on the T, and I don't have any axe to grind or personal vendettas against another human as the motives behind my post, or trying to be "anonymous" as I post whatever. I simply care about all things Dresden, this is our adopted home, we luv this area, and I try to post truly & honestly.  Now, as a full disclosure, I have been shown (on very, Very, VERY rare occasions, haha) where I was mistaken. And corrections have been made, at least I hope so. And any comments for or against or indifferent about what I write is not mine but is that person's own doing, whoever they are. ... I suspect many folk in Dresden who are on the T do know me by sight & name, but none have introduced themselves to me or told me their CoachT names. Probably because they don't want to be anywhere near me when The Men In Black, Swat Teams, and Hospital White Coats come after me. Haha. (I rambling too much, tired, my friends in zzztown beckon me. Adiós amigos.) TTFN 

GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY, IN EVERY WAY, EVERY DAY! 

2 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

He did go 9-1 last year.......

And that ultimately led to what? Losing to a gimme team in the playoffs. He chokes when he has talent. When he has decent talent, he gives up 500 rushing yards to Greenfield. Last year is irrelevant to what is happening NOW. This is a discussion about the present. 

Edited by Envoy

2 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

I heard that after the game tonight Trenton did not do the traditional line of handshakes with opponents. And quite a few Dresden fans are irate. BUT here is something to think about... honestly.. Peabody isn't a "bad boys, thug"  team nor do they currently have a coaching staff who is teaching or condoning such. And they are the #1 team in 2A for a reason. Soooo, the $64,000 question is, WHY would the Tide do such an act? What made them take this unnatural, not-like-them attitude? I wonder what 'their' side of this is, & their view is?

Coach would not let them.  It wasn’t because he wanted them to appear unsportsmanlike.  He wanted to protect them against anything happening that would reflect worse on us than not shaking their hand.  Emotions were running high.  I have a good feeling more was said and done on that field than any of us spectators could know.   So Coach told them they were going to stay on the field until Dresden got on their bus and left.   If an all out brawl happened on the field, it wouldn’t just be Dresden’s name that was run through the mud, Peabody’s would too.   

Edited by TPeabodyGT
  • Upvote 2