Peabody vs Dresden

Goldenpride

Yes sir. And I found the answer to my own speculation. A great & wise after-game speech in my opinion by Peabody coach. Well done indeed imo. And if after watching all this, and walking in another's shoes to understand them, there are still irate Dresden fans, then the problem lies with them imo. But whadda I know? I just an old, dumb hick from the sticks.   https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=332057720882852&id=591780960901082&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F591780960901082%2Fvideos%2F332057720882852%2F&_rdr

1 hour ago, HevyReturns said:

Yes sir. And I found the answer to my own speculation. A great & wise after-game speech in my opinion by Peabody coach. Well done indeed imo. And if after watching all this, and walking in another's shoes to understand them, there are still irate Dresden fans, then the problem lies with them imo. But whadda I know? I just an old, dumb hick from the sticks.   https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=332057720882852&id=591780960901082&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F591780960901082%2Fvideos%2F332057720882852%2F&_rdr

Yep Coach holds the young men to a very high standard!But notice he told the young men that he leads, he to got out of character!The sideline incident was tough,but coach owned his mistake! RTR

Edited by peabodypride
  • Upvote 1

I was at this game.  It's one thing to get beat by a far superior team, that's life and it happens to everyone at some point.  But Dresden's conduct was pitiful.  I wouldn't want my team to shake their hands either.  They threw punches during the game, late hits you name it.  Nothing positive would have came from the traditional line hand shake.  

10 hours ago, Tide21 said:

There were things that happened when rang was there that shouldn’t have happened. 

You really need to check those facts. The first year, Coach Rang did everything he could to correct the way Dresden played the game. Rang dealt with the Crazy Hodge era and it was taught to the players to play to the 2nd whistle, ripping off your opponent's helmet, and the trash talking. In year 2, those penalties were cut by over 64%. Coach Rang preached humility and to let your play do the talking. He once said, even with the talent he inherited, the hardest thing he had to deal with was the attitudes and style of play (some parents, a lot of fans, and the ingrained effects of the kids). 

10 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

(((My Popeye the sailor moment... "Enough is enough & enough is toooo much!!! ARGGGGG!)))

It's been years, I think in 2014 playoffs vs UC since Lions had a running clock put on them. Peabody spanked Lions, in all ways, and my love for this area & personal integrity requires me to publicaly declare, no joke, **IF** these personal & unsportsmanlike  15yd fouls are something that is taught, or even overlooked by our coaches with no consequences to the guilty players, I will go on public record saying it is time to eject our coach, not just a player! Sad to say, but no way is that a good thing or something that should be taught or tolerated. NO!!!! The buck stops at the head coach, he has the onus of responsibility for how those players behave, act, and perform on that field. And shoot fire, while we at it, investigate the whole kaboodle of who is responsible **IF** this is happening (if such bad, & possibly injurious, tactics are being taught & tolerated)- go all the way up to principal, assistants, and board of education personnel. Spare nobody! IT MUST BE STOPPED & IMMEDIATELY DEALT WITH!!!! (again, a HUGE 'if' is the opetative quantifier, which I doubt it's happening, but it is time to question & find out where this undisciplined play is coming from! It should be at least investigated!!!!). And I say all this with wet eyes & flush faced emotions... if this is the current, "new" culture of Dresden football thanks to our new staff, it is NOT the kind of sports program anyone associated with Dresden should tolerate. Alumni, fans, parents, leading families, former coaches, our Quarterback Club, & educational "officials" should now be deeply concerned... yes indeed. Dresden's supporters, past players & coaching staff has worked too hard & too long to build this into a competitive, winning, top-tier program, and it is now time that all this should be swiftly & decisively dealt with to uncover what is happening at Dresden before the damage is too severe. It does raise eyebrows & seems to be more than young, inexperienced players "learning the ropes". It's time to not only "clean up" our undisciplined play, but to --clean house-- of all those "adults" too, again, IF they are allowing/teaching this junk. And nobody should be spared from the purge & fumigation of these cancerous vermin if it is discovered this junk is being taught/tolerated. All true supporters of Dresden sports  should feel the same way IMHO. (Lord, help us all!).

Good game Golden Tide. You guys look deserving of another Gold Ball. 

Actually, Greenfield had a running clock on us last week (49-14) and then we scored late. For the record. The rest of the post I agree with. 

9 minutes ago, TheReaper said:

You really need to check those facts. The first year, Coach Rang did everything he could to correct the way Dresden played the game. Rang dealt with the Crazy Hodge era and it was taught to the players to play to the 2nd whistle, ripping off your opponent's helmet, and the trash talking. In year 2, those penalties were cut by over 64%. Coach Rang preached humility and to let your play do the talking. He once said, even with the talent he inherited, the hardest thing he had to deal with was the attitudes and style of play (some parents, a lot of fans, and the ingrained effects of the kids). 

I don’t need to check any facts. I was at the games. Sure it decreased but stuff still happened. He was also the one who allowed the tv to be put the “dressing room” 

Weakley County administration doesn't want any county football team to be relevant. I've said that for years. I also have no problem playing till the whistle fades a little. But you can play hard nose defense and be very aggressive without the after BS. It's a sad state of affairs right now. It's funny we are bashing previous coaches for teaching this behavior but we don't blame any of the coaches before the guys that started turning our program around. When we we going 1-19 it was just as bad when we were homecoming queens as it is now. Funny cause the coaches we like to mention "Crazy" and his brother are both coaching teams that are very respected in there states and classifications. One is even with Gaddis at Oak Ridge having a pretty good year. Guess what I'm saying is we can blame the coaches all we want but I would think parents can also influence these kids on the field. Bottom line is the coach is ultimately responsible but we all can play a part. 

On 9/24/2018 at 5:53 AM, ysoangry said:

Weakley County administration doesn't want any county football team to be relevant. I've said that for years. I also have no problem playing till the whistle fades a little. But you can play hard nose defense and be very aggressive without the after BS. It's a sad state of affairs right now. It's funny we are bashing previous coaches for teaching this behavior but we don't blame any of the coaches before the guys that started turning our program around. When we we going 1-19 it was just as bad when we were homecoming queens as it is now. Funny cause the coaches we like to mention "Crazy" and his brother are both coaching teams that are very respected in there states and classifications. One is even with Gaddis at Oak Ridge having a pretty good year. Guess what I'm saying is we can blame the coaches all we want but I would think parents can also influence these kids on the field. Bottom line is the coach is ultimately responsible but we all can play a part. 

Him and Gaddis are personally close, so that door is always open. That doesn’t mean squat. The fact is McNairy ran him off after he threw another childish tantrum and got ejected the first game, and then he couldn’t even make games competitive. His brother is currently on the hot seat and hoping to not have his third conservative losing season. Your ole “boys” aren’t the be all, end all of this program. Scott Hewett has done more for that program than anybody, but gets no credit. We had 2 bad years after Rogers left, because Knott was probably the worst coach in the state at the time with a team full of Freshmen, and then the next year there was nothing left.

Stop being a gatekeeper. Ysogatekeeper. All you do is gatekeep for your buds and discredit all things Dresden, and kiss up to all other towns. It’s cringeworthy for everybody. Just stop. Good grief. 

On 9/29/2018 at 2:45 AM, Envoy said:

Him and Gaddis are personally close, so that door is always open. That doesn’t mean squat. The fact is McNairy ran him off after he threw another childish tantrum and got ejected the first game, and then he couldn’t even make games competitive. His brother is currently on the hot seat and hoping to not have his third conservative losing season. Your ole “boys” aren’t the be all, end all of this program. Scott Hewett has done more for that program than anybody, but gets no credit. We had 2 bad years after Rogers left, because Knott was probably the worst coach in the state at the time with a team full of Freshmen, and then the next year there was nothing left.

Stop being a gatekeeper. Ysogatekeeper. All you do is gatekeep for your buds and discredit all things Dresden, and kiss up to all other towns. It’s cringeworthy for everybody. Just stop. Good grief. 

And how is not having a gatekeeper working out for us???? I just say it how I see it. Dresden was a homecoming game for years and we are back there now. Just saying.