ORHS needs to replace Sevier Co. next season. Who do you want to see OR play?

WillieTheWildcats

Sevier County has decided not to play Oak Ridge next season which means Oak Ridge will need to replace them with a team for the next two seasons. Who should the Wildcats pick up if scheduling will work out?

I bet the names of Maryville, Alcoa, Anderson County and Oliver Springs will come up. OK, not OS :D  It would take a lot of guts to play Maryville or Alcoa. Anderson County would be a nice rivalry game. Selfishly, I would like to see the Cats come down to the Chattanooga/Athens/Cleveland area.  Going to Middle Tennessee is a financial loser. An out of state team? Maybe but who would be interested in playing us. We don't have a national reputation like Maryville does. An old rival like Knoxville Central makes sense. 

I hope this becomes an interesting topic.

3 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Sevier County has decided not to play Oak Ridge next season which means Oak Ridge will need to replace them with a team for the next two seasons. Who should the Wildcats pick up if scheduling will work out?

I bet the names of Maryville, Alcoa, Anderson County and Oliver Springs will come up. OK, not OS :D  It would take a lot of guts to play Maryville or Alcoa. Anderson County would be a nice rivalry game. Selfishly, I would like to see the Cats come down to the Chattanooga/Athens/Cleveland area.  Going to Middle Tennessee is a financial loser. An out of state team? Maybe but who would be interested in playing us. We don't have a national reputation like Maryville does. An old rival like Knoxville Central makes sense. 

I hope this becomes an interesting topic.

OR has already told Maryviile no. Maryviile has asked several times. 

1 minute ago, Red Rebels said:

I think if I was OR I'd rather play a tough game from a different class, that way you don't have to play somebody twice. 6A, 4A, or even 3A (Alcoa) makes sense.

I agree with you. I would rather see OR play Maryville than say, Central or Rhea County, for example, because OR could play either of those in the playoffs. Plus, Maryville would be a good game financially. Playing Alcoa makes no sense and Gaddis is stupid if he ever schedules them. They don't have a great following like Maryville plus they are a 3A team. That's a "no win" situation for OR.  And I wonder how many of these people who say that OR has said "no" to Maryville have any clue as to what they're talking about. My guess in NONE OF THEM. Unless you heard it from the mouth of Gaddis or Hunt, then your comments are meaningless.

• Like 2