ORHS needs to replace Sevier Co. next season. Who do you want to see OR play?

WillieTheWildcats

Catswild and froshpop I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here to help clear some things up. RW does know Derek very well and has known him since he was a little kid. She also knows GQ, and all the other coaches as well. She is no doubt the Red Rebels number one fan and follows all the other sports as well. If I need to know something asap I know I can text her and she will usually know. She has been great to let a bunch of us know if a game time has changed or a cancelation because Derek will let her know. He has a lot of respect for her and so did GQ and she can talk football with any man in town. I will always set near or look her up at practices, JV, Freshmen or any games because she is a great friend but also someone in the know.  Just a few weeks ago me and her were setting on the top row at a freshman and JV game and Derek was running up to the press box in a hurry but stopped when he saw her and talked for a minute or two before he went on. Maryville is a very close knit family like Mayberry and win or lose I wouldn't change a thing about it.  I also want to add that we have met a lot of the posters from Oak Ridge and I have enjoyed everyone I have met there and when I played for Maryville the Wildcats were the #### of the walk and they are a very fond part of my memory from my younger days growing up. Even to this day when I think of high school football powers I think of OR first because of getting the chance of seeing those championship years.

Good stuff Barn. I remember you telling me about the time you came to Blankenship to watch the Cats play when Emory Hale was the coach and you said when you walked into the stadium you could even smell the tradition haha. Good story. Sadly, we still probably have the same concessions and stands as we did that night you were there in the 70s lol

Edited by SweetScience

What's up with the attacks on RW?  I don't post on here a lot, but I have been on here enough over the years to know that RW is a true football fan and definitely seems to know as much if not more than some of the rest of us, plus appears to be friends with several of the OR posters.  Enough already.

45 minutes ago, bounder said:

Yeah enough all ready if it was all in fun it ain't so funny anymore. RW is a fine lady and she does know more about sports than most of us guys. Plus she used to bake goooood touchdown cookies!

Bounder thanks for the kind words. But you and Barn don’t need to defend me against this man. I don’t care what they think of me. 

1 hour ago, ORcats said:

What's up with the attacks on RW?  I don't post on here a lot, but I have been on here enough over the years to know that RW is a true football fan and definitely seems to know as much if not more than some of the rest of us, plus appears to be friends with several of the OR posters.  Enough already.

No worries Cats. I don’t care what this man thinks of me. Thanks for the kind words tho. 

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Catswild and froshpop I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here to help clear some things up. RW does know Derek very well and has known him since he was a little kid. She also knows GQ, and all the other coaches as well. She is no doubt the Red Rebels number one fan and follows all the other sports as well. If I need to know something asap I know I can text her and she will usually know. She has been great to let a bunch of us know if a game time has changed or a cancelation because Derek will let her know. He has a lot of respect for her and so did GQ and she can talk football with any man in town. I will always set near or look her up at practices, JV, Freshmen or any games because she is a great friend but also someone in the know.  Just a few weeks ago me and her were setting on the top row at a freshman and JV game and Derek was running up to the press box in a hurry but stopped when he saw her and talked for a minute or two before he went on. Maryville is a very close knit family like Mayberry and win or lose I wouldn't change a thing about it.  I also want to add that we have met a lot of the posters from Oak Ridge and I have enjoyed everyone I have met there and when I played for Maryville the Wildcats were the #### of the walk and they are a very fond part of my memory from my younger days growing up. Even to this day when I think of high school football powers I think of OR first because of getting the chance of seeing those championship years.

Thanks Barn. I don’t care what this man thinks of me. 

Edited by rebelwoman87