Westmoreland at Watertown

thewaterboy16

13 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Coach Webster is going to have a lot of eyes on him the rest of the year due to his son coming back in two weeks. Price has done a fantastic job at QB in Bryce absence. 

I guarantee you there will be a lot of chatter if Bryce struggles at all when he returns and I definitely wouldn’t want to be in his shoes. I guarantee you it would be hard to sit your son in his senior year!

Hopefully ,Bryce plays well and this is a non issue!

In my opinion at the TC game when Price got under center that was the turning point in the game.

21 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Coach Webster is going to have a lot of eyes on him the rest of the year due to his son coming back in two weeks. Price has done a fantastic job at QB in Bryce absence. 

I guarantee you there will be a lot of chatter if Bryce struggles at all when he returns and I definitely wouldn’t want to be in his shoes. I guarantee you it would be hard to sit your son in his senior year!

Hopefully ,Bryce plays well and this is a non issue!

Thing is once the playoffs start you need a QB that can throw the ball reliably. Heath is a decent QB but he lacks zip on his ball. If we get behind I don’t believe we can rely on his arm to lead a comeback. 

Also, he can drive defenses crazy being out wide. They have to pick their poison between Heath and D-Ray. It’s impossible to stop both of them. 

I think this is a special team. I am usually a pessimistic person but this team has a look that I have never saw a Watertown team have. They have speed and power. Both offensive and defensive lines are grinders. We could have a more than historic year for our little town. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, ReignofPurple said:

Thing is once the playoffs start you need a QB that can throw the ball reliably. Heath is a decent QB but he lacks zip on his ball. If we get behind I don’t believe we can rely on his arm to lead a comeback. 

Also, he can drive defenses crazy being out wide. They have to pick their poison between Heath and D-Ray. It’s impossible to stop both of them. 

I think this is a special team. I am usually a pessimistic person but this team has a look that I have never saw a Watertown team have. They have speed and power. Both offensive and defensive lines are grinders. We could have a more than historic year for our little town. 

Watertown is very good... but they have played only one good opponent being TC. There schedule is not tough. Their non region games were terrible teams. I think the price kid is a very good football player.  But it’s hard to tell how good they really are because besides TC I don’t know who their best win is against? The other team in the region are not very good.

2 hours ago, ReignofPurple said:

I disagree with having to have a QB who throws reliably to succeed in the playoffs. It does help, but I've seen too many teams have great success only throwing a couple times a game, if that.

3 hours ago, Jacketsalumn02 said:

Watertown is very good... but they have played only one good opponent being TC. There schedule is not tough. Their non region games were terrible teams. I think the price kid is a very good football player.  But it’s hard to tell how good they really are because besides TC I don’t know who their best win is against? The other team in the region are not very good.

Its not so much as to who they have beat its how they have beat them and soundly early.

Against Gordonsville is was 48-0 in the 3rd quarter.

They scored 41 points (61-7 game) in the 2nd quarter against Mt. Juliet Christian.

The same thing against Westmoreland it was 42-0 at halftime.

Aside from the game against TC most of the points they have allowed have come late in games against backups.

24 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Its not so much as to who they have beat its how they have beat them and soundly early.

Against Gordonsville is was 48-0 in the 3rd quarter.

They scored 41 points (61-7 game) in the 2nd quarter against Mt. Juliet Christian.

The same thing against Westmoreland it was 42-0 at halftime.

Aside from the game against TC most of the points they have allowed have come late in games against backups.

Totally agree with you. No question Watertown is a good team. I’m just saying they have only been tested by one legit team.  Against TC with 7:00 to go in game Watertown’s offense had only scored 7 points.  Then it took them 4 plays from the 4 yard line to get in to win. I think Watertown walks to third round where they will face Tyner/TC winner. 

Edited by Jacketsalumn02

On 9/29/2018 at 1:03 PM, croz6110 said:

If it was me, I would give Bryce the lion's share of the snaps. That way defenses have to find Price on the field and more mismatches can be created.

However, I would still put Price at QB some to throw in other wrinkles.

I agree. Mix it up. Make teams have to prepare for everything. But we all know Price is the straw that stirs the drink.