District 8AA

pantherrules

8 hours ago, tigerfan0020 said:

Everyone in the district has played a few games so far, how does everyone see the season playing out? Upperman has some big wins and Smith wins a district game last night over Macon.

Upperman is going to steamroll this district. Head and shoulders above everybody else. 

Upperman should absolutely win this district.  Too much talent from all over the world not to. 

I think York will be second. They have 2 really nice players. 

Livingston is an obvious pick for 3rd IMO but I could see it up for grabs if teams figure out how to contain Sells at all. Easier said than done. 

In my opinion Upperman is the clear cut favorite. They went 11-3 last season in the district. They lost one player to graduation. They have 2 that moved in to the area one of which starts. They have the QB from the football team back that didn't play as a junior but did as a sophomore and started. One of last season starters now comes off of the bench. There bench is deeper and has size. They start 2 big kids 6' 6" and 6' 4" and have a lot of speed. I really don't think anyone in the district has anything for them but we're talking about high school kids so you never know. They go to Alcoa 12/14 and the next week they play in FL. So time will tell.