2018 Cornersville Bulldogs

Jobres76

1 hour ago, Jobres76 said:

Waverly overall 2-3

Camden overall 2-4

Milan overall 2-4

I guess we need to go find us some tough competition to play since 5-1, 4-2, 4-2, and 5-1 aren't good enough. I feel sorry for Perry county because I know the mustangs will want to put more on the scoreboard than Cornersville did. Pull your starters in the 2nd quarter like we did to make it fair.

Are you sure it’s not 1-4, 4-2, 4-2, 0-5, 5-1, 0-6? Trust me when Huntingdon is up, the starters get pulled. We are building for years to come. The drop off between starters and the rest of the team is not significant.

17 minutes ago, Waker said:

Yep 2a Waverly is 2-3. They have been beaten by Fairview (5-1), Davidson (6-0 )and Huntingdon. Pretty tough run. They also Average 54 points a game.

3a Milan has run a gauntlet and has lost to -arguably the best 2a school- Peabody (6-0 and scoring an average of 51 PAG). 3a runner up and stacked again Covington who may be the best 3a besides Alcoa (5-0 and averaging 49 PAG)and Huntingdon( 6-0 and averaging 53 points a game)

Do you have the numbers for your opponents? Id like to compare to see where we both stack up.

Waverly and Milan are both very good teams. We have not played anyone that would beat either. But then again we didn’t last year either as our schedule is exactly the same. But as me and you both know, come round three, teams records or who’s played who holds about as much water as a flour sifter. This whole schedule debate is coming from that overly proud but under achieving Forrest bunch. 

Waker I know your group is wanting a rematch and we are looking forward to it as well. Hoping both teams stay injury free. Good luck to both teams until then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Waverly and Milan are both very good teams. We have not played anyone that would beat either. But then again we didn’t last year either as our schedule is exactly the same. But as me and you both know, come round three, teams records or who’s played who holds about as much water as a flour sifter. This whole schedule debate is coming from that overly proud but under achieving Forrest bunch. 

Waker I know your group is wanting a rematch and we are looking forward to it as well. Hoping both teams stay injury free. Good luck to both teams until then. 

Very true. I was just pointing out to Jobres76 that just because teams we have played have losing records, don’t let that deceive ya. Good luck to your boys as well.

35 minutes ago, Waker said:

Yep 2a Waverly is 2-3. They have been beaten by Fairview (5-1), Davidson (6-0 )and Huntingdon. Pretty tough run. They also Average 54 points a game.

3a Milan has run a gauntlet and has lost to -arguably the best 2a school- Peabody (6-0 and scoring an average of 51 PAG). 3a runner up and stacked again Covington who may be the best 3a besides Alcoa (5-0 and averaging 49 PAG)and Huntingdon( 6-0 and averaging 53 points a game)

Do you have the numbers for your opponents? Id like to compare to see where we both stack up.

There is no comparison to the Cornersville and Huntingdon schedules through the first six weeks. Whoever has Cornersville with a tougher schedule needs a new algorithm.

2 minutes ago, Waker said:

Are you sure it’s not 1-4, 4-2, 4-2, 0-5, 5-1, 0-6? Trust me when Huntingdon is up, the starters get pulled. We are building for years to come. The drop off between starters and the rest of the team is not significant.

I stand corrected. Huntingdon is tough. I wasn't questioning that whatsoever. Those three opponents are very tough and you all played great games against them. I didn't do my part and dig deep enough. You are also correct on the records of opponents Cornersville has already played. The extra 5-1 I had in there is Huntland at the end of the season currently 5-1. 

10 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

I stand corrected. Huntingdon is tough. I wasn't questioning that whatsoever. Those three opponents are very tough and you all played great games against them. I didn't do my part and dig deep enough. You are also correct on the records of opponents Cornersville has already played. The extra 5-1 I had in there is Huntland at the end of the season currently 5-1. 

Thank you sir. It’s raining like crazy here today and I have extra time on my hands. 

Edited by Waker

16 hours ago, MikeHoncho said:

The guys that made those goal posts 100 years ago get to tell their kids and grandkids I made them in shop class when I was young, your guys get to say someone bought those for us when I was young..

And it ain't just that...our field here at Scotts Hill was so bad that even the ref's used to call it the cow pasture, but it was OUR cow pasture. We've since sodded and top dressed until it's pretty nice comparatively, added new "store bought" goalposts, concessions, seating, and press box (both sides)...we still affectionately call it the cow pasture. Somehow it just adds character not to have some cookie cutter stadium, no matter how nice they are.

4 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

And it ain't just that...our field here at Scotts Hill was so bad that even the ref's used to call it the cow pasture, but it was OUR cow pasture. We've since sodded and top dressed until it's pretty nice comparatively, added new "store bought" goalposts, concessions, seating, and press box (both sides)...we still affectionately call it the cow pasture. Somehow it just adds character not to have some cookie cutter stadium, no matter how nice they are.

I agree 100 percent. No offense to Huntingdon and that nice field. If everything goes right we might get to see it this year.But to me 1a football is small town football. It's where all the county kids play. I like go to games when the fence is right against the field.Old men walking the fence. People sitting in the back of pick up trucks. I'M like you I wouldn't trade our field full of crawdad holes and our homeade goal post for anything  Jerry Jones could build. Long live small town football!

15 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

#1. I didn’t see Scott’s Hill back then but your Stadium, softball and baseball fields are excellent. I think the whole point with the comment on the goalpost is when you get right down to it...It’s not regulation. Some people are gonna say “It’s the same for both teams” which is true. Another group is gonna say if it’s not regulation why not fix it? Bottom line y’all have a great team...but some Huntingdon folks don’t really believe we lost that game because the refs missed that extra point call. All I know is it looked right down the middle to me. With that said we shouldn’t have let it come down to an extra point. I kinda get monkey butt myself when we go to a softball field that’s got a 175’ fence in right field. It ain’t regulation. Peace.

1 minute ago, BAMF said:

I agree 100 percent. No offense to Huntingdon and that nice field. If everything goes right we might get to see it this year.But to me 1a football is small town football. It's where all the county kids play. I like go to games when the fence is right against the field.Old men walking the fence. People sitting in the back of pick up trucks. I'M like you I wouldn't trade our field full of crawdad holes and our homeade goal post for anything  Jerry Jones could build. Long live small town football!

Well... your in luck then. Come to Paul Ward Stadium and you can do any of the above. You can back up to the fence and sit on your tailgate, or you can come on in the fence and walk up the fence surrounding the field and watch, or you can sit up in the bleachers and enjoy the game.

Don't let that pretty field and nice locker rooms fool ya, these boys are homers just like yours. They understand what tradition is and what it means to this town. They started out playing football up on the big hill by our stands on Friday nights. Practicing the moves they see down on the field. They want to ring that bell in the tower when they win just like their dads and grand dads did before them. These boys didn't ask for all the upgrades, the community wanted it for them! As I have said before, we will welcome ALL who enter our stadium with open arms. We will pray with you, we will cheer for your band as they perform and we will feed you at our concession stands. But when that whistle blows...just know it's ALL bout Mustang Football! WE ARE SMALLTOWN FOOTBALL!!

• Like 1