AP POLL CLASS 2A SEPT 24 2018

Southtowner

9 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Well in that case let me try to fill you in. 2016 Waverly had the best defense I have ever seen at the high school level we lost to Trezvant in the semi that yr which only a select few like Tradertwo and BigEdMo are the only ones that gave us a chance evrybody else thought we would get mercy ruled. Last yr in the 3rd round we lost to CA. They played a perfect game and we got out coached in that one. This yr if we keep improving I strongly believe we will make a very strong run for the gold ball. Hope this helps ya out!

Let me add to that...the team that eliminated Waverly in '16 won the gold ball. Since then there have been accusations, court cases, TSSAA involvement, ect… which is a can of worms I won't reopen. Just to give you my own opinion...all things being on the up and up rule wise, Waverly would have the gold ball in their trophy case now. You can look it up if you want to form your own opinion.

39 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Let me add to that...the team that eliminated Waverly in '16 won the gold ball. Since then there have been accusations, court cases, TSSAA involvement, ect… which is a can of worms I won't reopen. Just to give you my own opinion...all things being on the up and up rule wise, Waverly would have the gold ball in their trophy case now. You can look it up if you want to form your own opinion.

Truth. On an even GRADED field Waverly would have had a gold ball in 2016. That is still spilled sour milk with me because we had the same problem in 2015 on that evenly GRADED field. You catch my drift. Better watch out what Waverly is cooking up right now. 

6 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Truth. On an even GRADED field Waverly would have had a gold ball in 2016. That is still spilled sour milk with me because we had the same problem in 2015 on that evenly GRADED field. You catch my drift. Better watch out what Waverly is cooking up right now. 

Hopefully they’re cooking up a defense cause they’re gonna need that come playoff time

9 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

There was also an issue about the number of students enrolled at the school BigEd. Didn't want to get into a page long symposium explaining all the details to someone without prior knowledge, but I can quickly tell you that there was a solution so simple that no one (almost) thought of it, or thought that TSSAA would have done it first. The Assistant Principal at SHES checked the enrollment through TSSAA website, which was 400 and change...he then simply checked the enrollment numbers turned in by the school to receive payment from the State Dept. of Education...700 and change. So easy and simple that TSSAA could have ended their "investigation" just that quickly. Apparently they accepted the enrollment turned in to them without question.

12 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Hopefully they’re cooking up a defense cause they’re gonna need that come playoff time

11 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

You sound a whole lot like Peabody with that comment. Just remember Peabody was on a high horse this week and they got mule kicked. But good luck. 

We probably wont get the chance to play CA again because I think Riverside will take care of them in the second round!

POLLS ARE JUST THAT EVERYONE HAS ONE. AS I LOOK AT THE POLL I CANT SEE MY SCHOOL WINNING AGAINST ANY OF THE OTHER 9 TEAMS LISTED, PLUS A FEW OTHER TEAMS THAT ARE NOT EVEN LISTED THAT IS BESIDE ME. GRANTED IT IS GOOD TO SEE MY TEAM HERE BUT NEED SOME OF YOU TO BETTER EXPLAIN BEC OUR REGULAR SEASON GAMES ARE PRETTY WEAK IN MY BOOK BUT THAT IS NOT UP TO THE PLAYERS TO MAKE OUT THE SCHEDULE.

Edited by selectedgrain