Powell at West : Who you got?

HSFBGuru

21 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

The Panthers are a talented team, on both sides of the ball. Matt Lowe has really worked his magic. However, they are still pretty young, and they've been very undisciplined at times. Penalties have been a problem for Powell all season, and in a game like this, it could be the difference between a win and a loss.

If we see the Powell team that played against Fulton, the Panthers should get the win. But if they play like they did against Campbell County, they don't have a chance. They took a big step forward last week. Now it's time to see if they can take another one.

As you probably already know, I've been high on Powell even before the season started. I think they have a legitimate shot at finishing as high as 2nd in our region. I believe they will beat West this week and I believe they can beat Oak Ridge as well. Both remain to be seen, but I believe they will do it. 

30 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

As you probably already know, I've been high on Powell even before the season started. I think they have a legitimate shot at finishing as high as 2nd in our region. I believe they will beat West this week and I believe they can beat Oak Ridge as well. Both remain to be seen, but I believe they will do it. 

I hope you're right, Dragon. The result against Fulton gave me a lot of hope. That was a fantastic football game, and Powell really made me a believer that night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I hope you're right, Dragon. The result against Fulton gave me a lot of hope. That was a fantastic football game, and Powell really made me a believer that night.

I’m not sure about beating Oak Ridge but they will give them a run for there money. I like Matt Lowe but Ellison had that team ready to do what Lowe is doing. I hate that Ellison got let go but he rebounded good. Catholic got a great coach. Powell will beat west hands down. Defense to strong and offense is fast . 

Powell 35

West. 7

9 minutes ago, HSFBGuru said:

I’m not sure about beating Oak Ridge but they will give them a run for there money. I like Matt Lowe but Ellison had that team ready to do what Lowe is doing. I hate that Ellison got let go but he rebounded good. Catholic got a great coach. Powell will beat west hands down. Defense to strong and offense is fast .  

Powell 35

West. 7

Ellison definitely had Powell going in the right direction. Getting them to 5 wins last year was no small feat, especially when you consider the mess he inherited.

12 minutes ago, LarryGee77 said:

Just finished breakfast at the rumor mill....what's this rumor that Powell has played with an illegal player?  Forfeited games?  Any truth to this?  The fellas were pretty sure on this one but I have a hard time believing it.

I heard about this Monday night. It’s true. And Powell has been turned in. 

2 hours ago, LarryGee77 said:

Just finished breakfast at the rumor mill....what's this rumor that Powell has played with an illegal player?  Forfeited games?  Any truth to this?  The fellas were pretty sure on this one but I have a hard time believing it.

I remember the last time you sat at that table Larry. I think it was regarding the coaching hire at Powell. Hopefully you have slid a table or two over since then.