Powell at West : Who you got?

HSFBGuru

On 10/6/2018 at 11:09 AM, Opie Shaggnasty said:

Funny thing i never said romeo recruited booker.I said he was an o.r. recruit.You might want to re-read.Lussier recruited booker from harriman.How do i know?His brother michael another o.r. recruit told me.The family lived in harriman.You dont really know what you are talking about to be an o.r. sheep.But you are right about a couple things. O.r. dwindling and dying and gaddis leaving in 98.Romeo then married donna in 99.

I don't even remember Michael. If we were recruiting players of his calibur, then we definitely had a shi&*^ recruiting service going on back in those days. It must suck to be a Clinton fan and hate all things Oak Ridge. Maybe you will get that 1 victory every 10-15 years pretty soon?

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

I don't even remember Michael. If we were recruiting players of his calibur, then we definitely had a shi&*^ recruiting service going on back in those days. It must suck to be a Clinton fan and hate all things Oak Ridge. Maybe you will get that 1 victory every 10-15 years pretty soon?

Kinda like being an Oak Ridge fan and hating all things MARYVILLE..HUH

5 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Kinda like being an Oak Ridge fan and hating all things MARYVILLE..HUH

I don't hate anything Maryville. That's something you and your buddies have all conjured up in your heads by thinking I am all of these other people who bash Maryville on here. And none of you have any factual basis that I am any of those supposed people you claim me to be, just unsubstantiated claims. To be quite frank, I have praised Maryville on more than a few occasions through the years on here by saying that they are the program that every other school should measure themselves up to. I am not a Maryville fan by any means, and I would be lying if I didn't say I don't pull for them to get beat on occasion, but that's only because I like to see a more competitive playing field. It only makes things more interesting, to me at least.

Edited by SweetScience

8 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I don't hate anything Maryville. That's something you and your buddies have all conjured up in your heads by thinking I am all of these other people who bash Maryville on here. And none of you have any factual basis that I am any of those supposed people you claim me to be, just unsubstantiated claims. To be quite frank, I have praised Maryville on more than a few occasions through the years on here by saying that they are the program that every other school should measure themselves up to. I am not a Maryville fan by any means, and I would be lying if I didn't say I don't pull for them to get beat on occasion, but that's only because I like to see a more competitive playing field. It only makes things more interesting, to me at least.

Whats your definition of competitive?  Mediocre? 

47 minutes ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Whats your definition of competitive?  Mediocre? 

No. When I say I would rather things be more competitive that means that I would like it if there was more parity in 6A in this part of the state. Of course you guys love seeing Maryville go to state almost every single year (don't blame you for that), but to me it would be nice to see some other teams around here have the capability of knocking you guys off every now and then. It's almost if (well, it is usually) everyone knows Maryville will be in the state championship game coming from the east before the season even starts. Of course y'all can't help nobody can beat you in this part of the state, but to me that's just boring. That's what I mean when I say I wish things could be a little more competitive, but until other programs step up to Maryville's level I don't see it changing anytime soon. 

I see. But much of the time it seems that you think we should just maybe laydown or not try so hard. Parity isnt a bad thing unless it breeds mediocrity. Our boys are working and practicing all the time , on their fall breaks and springbreaks etc.  I guess what im saying is .. yes we plan going to State every year and act accordingly. Not going to feel sorry for those programs that dont and wont.  Its not guaranteed, there is enormous effort put in by our coaches and players and all support functions.  Long live the King!

2 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

I see. But much of the time it seems that you think we should just maybe laydown or not try so hard. Parity isnt a bad thing unless it breeds mediocrity. Our boys are working and practicing all the time , on their fall breaks and springbreaks etc.  I guess what im saying is .. yes we plan going to State every year and act accordingly. Not going to feel sorry for those programs that dont and wont.  Its not guaranteed, there is enormous effort put in by our coaches and players and all support functions.  Long live the King!

Where have I ever said Maryville should "lay down", as you say? I'm not recommending they "lay down" or anything of the sort. I am merely speaking as an outsider who would like to see games be more competitive at the highest levels of TN High School football. I'm not insinuating that they lay down, at all. Honestly, the responsibility lies upon other programs around here to make it to where there will be more parity, not Maryville's. As an outsider, would you get tired if say a team like Farragut was going to the state title game every single year, even though you respected what their kids and program accomplished every year? If you say no, and make some excuse you aren't being honest with yourself. Of course you would. I'm not saying this in any way to denigrate Maryville's or the kids who plays for them accomplishments. I know how hard they work their as&*^ off to be that good. If anything, y'all (fans of Maryville) should take it as a compliment that an opposing teams fan is recognizing your dominance. But, somehow I am a Maryville hater and have all of these incognito personalities on here just to bash Maryville.  Go figure.

Edited by SweetScience