AP POLL CLASS 2A OCT 8 2018

Southtowner

3 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Surprised. I’ve been preaching that all season! Pissing everyone off defending our Tigers lol Apparently strength of schedule isn’t a factor... so apparently if your 7-0 and 6-1 and have the easiest schedules in 2A your AWESOME 

Why should you be praised for having a tough schedule when you lose to all the good teams on it? The only team that has been given serious credit for how hard their schedule is has been Union city who I guarantee has a tougher schedule despite what CoachT’s system might say. And they get credit because they are a proven team that has won gold

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Surprised. I’ve been preaching that all season! Pissing everyone off defending our Tigers lol Apparently strength of schedule isn’t a factor... so apparently if your 7-0 and 6-1 and have the easiest schedules in 2A your AWESOME 

Yea man I knew we had a tough one but didn't know it was the toughest  till today.  Some of the top 10 schools r in the 20s and 30s . I guess only time will tell

3 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Why should you be praised for having a tough schedule when you lose to all the good teams on it? The only team that has been given serious credit for how hard their schedule is has been Union city who I guarantee has a tougher schedule despite what CoachT’s system might say. And they get credit because they are a proven team that has won gold

According to some folk on here, I guess it makes no difference if a team is 6-1 and the 2017 2-A State Runner-up!!(lol)

Just now, Trollin said:

Surprised. I’ve been preaching that all season! Pissing everyone off defending our Tigers lol

I have learned that you can only preach so much lol. The team will just have to prove it this yr bud. Those high scores has put doubt in peoples mind a rightfully so. I can understand that. When we get to the later rounds in the playoffs we will be playing against the same caliber teams that we lost too or close to it anyways. CA, UC, TCA, Peabody, Riverside, and Fairley will be tough. I have seen five teams from from R7 play and will be at the Peabody vs TCA game next week. I will say only two of the five I have seen Waverly would have their hands full. Hang in there Trollin the Tigers should be just fine and will be on the poll sooner or later.

10 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Praised? Whoever said anything about praised? I’m not asking for praise. That’s not what my argument is about. My argument is the heat our team is getting for giving up lots of points to 3 good football teams. The heat we’re getting for losing to those 3 teams. At least Waverly played those tough teams. Not for praise, but to make them a better team. A battle tested team to prepare for playoffs. Our Region “no offense” is a joke. Waverly has won it 4 years in a row, this will be the 5th. 

So my argument is why has Waverly been catching mouth from people, but these other teams are playing teams that aren’t any good and beating them mercifully. And everyone’s like... they are sooo good. Waverly scores a lot of points on offense. Good teams. Bad teams. It doesn’t matter. 

Union City plays out of state teams. Cool. They got their butts kicked too. Why do you think their coach schedules those games? To make his team better. Same thing. Waverly scored all over UC in preseason. 

Bottom line is Waverly is playing tough teams to make them better. It will prepare them for post season. I just don’t see how strength of schedule isn’t a factor. Because it is. The BCS uses the same system to rank teams. Just sayin.... but it’s all ok. We don’t want praise, but we don’t want mouth either. Just like I don’t agree that the weakest 2 schedules in 2A should be praised for winning them all

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Trollin said:

I would rather play tough teams and build off of it and not be ranked than play a cupcake schedule and be ranked.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I have learned that you can only preach so much lol. The team will just have to prove it this yr bud. Those high scores has put doubt in peoples mind a rightfully so. I can understand that. When we get to the later rounds in the playoffs we will be playing against the same caliber teams that we lost too or close to it anyways. CA, UC, TCA, Peabody, Riverside, and Fairley will be tough. I have seen five teams from from R7 play and will be at the Peabody vs TCA game next week. I will say only two of the five I have seen Waverly would have their hands full. Hang in there Trollin the Tigers should be just fine and will be on the poll sooner or later.

Bro!! I don’t care about the poll! Read my above post

Just now, Trollin said:

Praised? Whoever said anything about praised? I’m not asking for praise. That’s not what my argument is about. My argument is the heat our team is getting for giving up lots of points to 3 good football teams. The heat we’re getting for losing to those 3 teams. At least Waverly played those tough teams. Not for praise, but to make them a better team. A battle tested team to prepare for playoffs. Our Region “no offense” is a joke. Waverly has won it 4 years in a row, this will be the 5th. 

So my argument is why has Waverly been catching mouth from people, but these other teams are playing teams that aren’t any good and beating them mercifully. And everyone’s like... they are sooo good. Waverly scores a lot of points on offense. Good teams. Bad teams. It doesn’t matter. 

Union City plays out of state teams. Cool. They got their butts kicked too. Why do you think their coach schedules those games? To make his team better. Same thing. Waverly scored all over UC in preseason. 

Bottom line is Waverly is playing tough teams to make them better. It will prepare them for post season. I just don’t see how strength of schedule isn’t a factor. Because it is. The BCS uses the same system to rank teams. Just sayin.... but it’s all ok. We don’t want praise, but we don’t want mouth either. Just like I don’t agree that the weakest 2 schedules in 2A should be praised for winning them all

You cant that CA puppy any mind he is a homer!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Good post bud!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wavo2004 said:

Yea man I knew we had a tough one but didn't know it was the toughest  till today.  Some of the top 10 schools r in the 20s and 30s . I guess only time will tell

I think UC is tougher,it doesnt account the out of state teams strength, but uc and Waverly have ran the gauntlet, I have said it for weeks!!!

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

I think UC is tougher,it doesnt account the out of state teams strength, but uc and Waverly have ran the gauntlet, I have said it for weeks!!!

Yea Peabody I know . And people don't give Waverly any chance to do anything cuz we lost 3 games . But I guess we will see how things go come play off time . I'm not saying Waverly is the best team in 2A but I feel like we can play with any of the top 10 teams in the state and beat most of them.