Bradley visits Heritage

BarneySox2007

10 hours ago, jake said:

Being the 9th grade is in a different building at WB, I asked the AD there several years ago to eliminate 9th graders from any varsity sports so they may qualify for 5A....according to what he told me then, when TSSAA does reclassification, if 9th grade is not included they would still add a pro rated number for the freshmen and add it to the classification numbers, so he said what I was suggesting would not work.  That came from Ridge and I believe he had already talked to TSSAA about this scenario when he told me this.

IMO, with the right leader WB could get to a point of being competitive in 6A....not saying they will be in state championships any time soon, but they could be competitive and win 5 or 6 games a year with an occasional 7-8 win season.  Again, IMO, the program would be much better off right now had Ridge stayed the coach or if they would have went with the other hire they were about to make before Shad came on the scene. 

With the county continuing to grow the way it is, I don't see any hope that WB or Heritage will be able to move down anytime soon.  With one huge subdivision already approved on Best Rd and the Mac Pate Farm up for sale now (which will probably be another big subdivision in the near future), I think they will have to build the Carpenters High School that is in the plans.  Maybe when this happens it may take enough students from WB that they can move down to 4A or 5A.

I cant blame kids or parents that want to go to Maryville or Alcoa, there is only 3 or 4 years there to have fun and make a few memories and there are no do overs.  The WB folks like to think that they have lost a lot of kids to Maryville or Alcoa, what they better hope is that GB doesn't open their borders where these Blount County kids can go there without having to live in Loudon County, because if they do half of the WB team would be there now.

I talked to someone this morning that is in the know and they told me Blount County should have a public open house and let the public take a tour of the two high schools to see the terrible shape their in. They also said there will never be a school at Carpenters because they can't even fix the other two schools they have.  The only way to save Blount County School system in the end is to eventually do what they did in Knoxville and run as one school system or they will bankrupt eventually.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I talked to someone this morning that is in the know and they told me Blount County should have a public open house and let the public take a tour of the two high schools to see the terrible shape their in. They also said there will never be a school at Carpenters because they can't even fix the other two schools they have.  The only way to save Blount County School system in the end is to eventually do what they did in Knoxville and run as one school system or they will bankrupt eventually.

They will be forced to do something, the county cant keep approving subdivisions to build these homes and not provide a school for the kids that will live there.   

On 10/9/2018 at 9:05 PM, JohnnyLawrence said:

Yep...got my Grade 12 from there too. 

About the only thing that I have seen in this thread that I agree with is that A&M should not play Alcoee....does no good....go play Seymour or Northfield or GP. 

Alnwick should play them...better team.

ACT scores as a reason to go city: Myth - Alnwick has had a higher composite ACT and more Merit Scholars than both city schools a few years now.

A&M needs to send 9th grade to the building next door and make Freshman ineligible for ALL sports. Use 10-12 enrollment for TSSAA and drop down to 4A. That won't even hurt them in girls basketball...which some city girls have driven across town to participate in....entrisin.

As some know...I have kinda been drawn in to the A&M sitiuation. Things I know that are issues....

Ham left all his starters in at McMinn a few weeks ago when the score was 42-0 after one play in the second Qtr. You only have 38ish players...not all got in. WHY?

Ham cancelled the JV/Freshman schedule after week 1...... not enough bodies after he sent three starters to JV game at SDHS in week 1......WHY?

Ham is not going to be at A&M in 2019...most know where he is going to be already, so the "rebuild" continues next year.

Went to Alnwick v Murvil couple weeks ago...$had left starters in until FINALLY got a TD v Lil Rebs....again WHY?

Living all these kids on the bench after they are tackling dummies for the starters all week is just selfish. THEY WILL NEVER BUILD DEPTH IF THEY DONT PLAY ALL THE KIDS JUST TO SAVE THEIR FACE1111

SELFISH!!!!

One thing to remember in all this is that Blount Co. has NEVER fired a coach since consolidation....all have left "on their own"... even Tommy Rewis and Farmer Fickert....

I need to go get a glass of water....

Couldn’t agree more with everything you said

8 hours ago, jake said:

They will be forced to do something, the county cant keep approving subdivisions to build these homes and not provide a school for the kids that will live there.   

Jake here is the real skinny. Blount County has grown leaps and bounds from people moving here due to feeling over taxed as one of the major reasons they came. In order to have the things we need it has to be paid for by taxes which in all reality we're very under taxed compared to the rest of the nation. That is a very hard thing to say around here because the people of this county would show up like a lynch mob at the courthouse if they even mentioned taxing us an extra $35 for something when in all actuality property taxes would have to be trippeled to get out of the mess we're going to meet down the road at sometime. There is no leader in Blount County under the sun going to do that and miss out on the gravy train of what they make. Blount County has a mindset that because it's new there will never be any upkeep and Maryville isn't doing to good of a job of that either as of lately. If you don't believe me take a real good look at our football stadium the next time your there. If I were building a house in Maryville I would have someone from the city with their head up my  b u t t   so far during the whole process they would have to part their hair on the other side for me to be able to take a crap. The houses being built isn't the city or counties venture. Those are private companies that are building these homes and have no ties to the local government. If any of those developments were turned down for any lame reason expect a major lawsuit they don't need. Q post of the day, watch what happens to Blount County over the Best Road situation and what it's fixing to cost in legal fees.

19 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Not mad at all. Life is good! Just giving back the same thing you’re dishing with football. I don’t see you whining about playing Alcoa in other sports. That’s kinda amusing... pick and choose, I guess...

I'm not a Heritage fan. I didn't give anything, but my objective opinion. Just letting you know your AD and non-football  coaches decide to play Heritage/WB in other sports. It's not just the decision of Heritage/WB. If you don't like the fact they don't play in football, go to your AD and tell him. 

The greedy developers need to be reigned in somewhat. Its well within the county commisions and city councils to do just that. Why arent they? Do the math..$$$$. 

Ps I think that the football venue at MARYVILLE is just fine. Its quaint and has the hometown feel that makes it a great place to watch a game. Sure there could be some improvements but nothing to hang ourselves over. 

• Like 1