2a state championship contenders

Bms54

5 minutes ago, Grizzly478 said:

I hope that we (watertown) are fortunate to enough to play you guys in the semis in a couple of weeks. I’m interested to see that QB you guys have. Heard he can spin it!

Best I've seen honestly.  Hes a dual threat which really makes it fun. And yeah hope were both that lucky bud.

3 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Waverly is better than Forrest but the distance will be closer. 63-34 will be more like 42-21. 

Don;t hang your hat on that. We suck, and y'all will be the 4th best team we've played. BGA, Watertown, and Columbia Academy are better. 

We wont hang our hat after the Forrest game bud. Yall will be just another team in our way. You might change your opinion on Waverly if we play.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

We wont hang our hat after the Forrest game bud. Yall will be just another team in our way. You might change your opinion on Waverly if we play.

Agreed. He clearly hasn’t seen Waverly play this year. But he will “more than likely “ and will be singing a different tune. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Grizzly478 said:

I played some QB myself way back when. Always appreciate great QB play.

It's always fun to see a skill player shine on the field. We are fortunate enough to have 2 this year on offense in #19 and #6. They are backed by a really good offensive line but more often then not even on busted plays manage to get positive yardage.

15 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

That's strange considering how much the fans said he was gassed during the game due to not practicing, or playing all year lol. At least from memory that's what I recall them saying. On the TC vs Whitwell thread

He was gassed.  But practicing is totally different than a game.  Also when you are asked to carry the ball 30 plus times and play every play on defense (besides when he came off after a kick-off to change shoes), punter returner, and  kicker.  That's a tall task.  

4 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

He was gassed.  But practicing is totally different than a game.  Also when you are asked to carry the ball 30 plus times and play every play on defense (besides when he came off after a kick-off to change shoes), punter returner, and  kicker.  That's a tall task.  

Yeah it is, what was TC's roster size 45-50? 

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Our qb plays both ways as well, but we have probably around 70 dressed. I think we are able to rotate 3-4 backs nearly every game and toward the end it wears on the defenses normally.

I can't remember us having a QB that didn't play both sides of the ball...My second boy played QB and also had like 75 tackles on D...Heck, Luns even put him in on kick return when we played Marion Co in '16...Strange thing was, it was on D that he was injured and had to leave the game in the first qtr!

You have to use your athletes on both sides in these small school...This year's QB doesn't play much D due to the fact we needed to keep him healthy for conf play...Our back up is a freshman