3A State Championship contenders

Charger Girl

Covington and Pearl Cohn will play each other to see who gets a shot at Alcoa. Too me I can't imagine any 3A school coming close to beating Alcoa. Alcoa beat a great Maryville team.  Alcoa has a good defense. I think Oakland is the only team that has a better defense than Alcoa. What makes Alcoa so great is their offense. They are by far the best offensive team Maryville has played. Alcoa has a good Oline,Good Receivers,Good Running Backs but what makes that offense unstoppable is their Quarterback Walker Russell. This isnt a typical Rankin team like 2009 and 2010. This Alcoa team on offense reminds me more of Maryville. Walker Russell is Alcoas Dylan Hopkins. This is the best offensive team Alcoa has ever had in my opinion. 

Maryville has a great defense. Maryville held Oakland to their lowest scoring output. Maryville held an explosive Fulton team to 2 offensive touchdowns. Maryville held Catholic to 10 points. Maryville held Cleveland to 7 points. This past Friday Maryville held a very athletic Ooltewah team scoreless. Alcoa scored 34 against Maryville. Alcoa has so many ways to beat you. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Covington and Pearl Cohn will play each other to see who gets a shot at Alcoa. Too me I can't imagine any 3A school coming close to beating Alcoa. Alcoa beat a great Maryville team.  Alcoa has a good defense. I think Oakland is the only team that has a better defense than Alcoa. What makes Alcoa so great is their offense. They are by far the best offensive team Maryville has played. Alcoa has a good Oline,Good Receivers,Good Running Backs but what makes that offense unstoppable is their Quarterback Walker Russell. This isnt a typical Rankin team like 2009 and 2010. This Alcoa team on offense reminds me more of Maryville. Walker Russell is Alcoas Dylan Hopkins. This is the best offensive team Alcoa has ever had in my opinion. 

Maryville has a great defense. Maryville held Oakland to their lowest scoring output. Maryville held an explosive Fulton team to 2 offensive touchdowns. Maryville held Catholic to 10 points. Maryville held Cleveland to 7 points. This past Friday Maryville held a very athletic Ooltewah team scoreless. Alcoa scored 34 against Maryville. Alcoa has so many ways to beat you. 

Yeah, it’s pretty incredible that Alcoa beat Maryville. Maryville will have a great shot at winning the championship again in 6a. 

1 hour ago, putnamcountyfan said:

I think UHS has a great team and will see Alcoa this year if they play their game at Red Bank. However the bus will stop In Alcoa like it does with every team that plays them. If I remember Maryville was ranked 25 in the country and lost to Alcoa. That says enough. 

I think if Alcoa and Upperman both make it to semis, the game will be in Baxter. Hoping to see the Bees in that game. I have a lot of friends in Putnam county, be good to catch up.

I'll try to keep it as real as possible:

1.) Alcoa is leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else in 3A and only a handful if teams in the state regardless of classification that could even compete with them. (Makes me wish Covington was 4A or even 5A, they'd have a better shot) 

2.) I believe Covington to be the best 3A team in West Tennessee, even though we almost blew our most recent game in the 4th quarter after being up 28-7. Home field advantage and a renewed sense of humility should push us to the 13-0 and a semi-final appearance.

3.) Pearl Cohn is dang good and full of athletes, many of who have already received D-1 offers. They battled MBA to an overtime defeat and lost another close one to an undefeated CPA team. (Both teams should be competing for a private school title)  We will probably need some more magic, similar to last season, to get to 14-0 and a finals appearence.

4.) These are high school kids and anything could happen. So I will hope that the Chargers will go all the way. They gave a similar Alcoa (albeit, this edition does appear tougher) a great game last season through to the 4th quarter. 

Good Luck to all these kids and let's enjoy the rest of the season and playoffs!

Edited by 00Chargers
grammer