Musket Bowl

stockton4182

This game going to be a dandy. Crockett comes in 8-0 Boone is 7-1 unbeaten in region. The winner is the regional champion the loser will be 2nd and have a home playoff game. Better get there early I say they will close gates that’s why they should’ve moved to ETSU. If Crockett stops Cole Crockett wins. Can Boone defend the pass? If not Crockett wins.

I think DC can get enough stops to win this game. What will Boone do to slow down DC's offense?? I mean they have so many weapons, #1, 21, 2 , 7 , 10, 9, and of course 16. The O line has done a good job keeping the QB clean this year as well. 

I mean do you drop 7 and send just 4, or send the house and hope he dont complete the pass.

I know they have not faced a back like #4, but they have faced a good rushing attack from Gibbs, CC, Cherokee, Tn High.

Think it will be one for the ages tho. Iam going out on a limb and say DC puts up there average. Boone will do what Tn. High did and milk the clock, so that might be tough.

DC has already done things they have never done, win 8 straight, a top 5 ranking, home playoff berth.

Have not seen Crockett play this year, but let's break this down from a Boone perspective:

BOONE DEFENSE:

1.  Boone has zero pass rush
2.  Boone defense has no idea what tight ends and slot receivers are

Boone's pass defense on the wide-outs is actually pretty good, but whenever #2 happens they are wide open all night long, and I mean WIDE OPEN.   Even Volunteer roasted Boone with #2, the only thing is they just could not make the catch, but the guy was open every time.    All the fans around me were screaming "It's getting ready to go to #83!!.....   Watch the slot over the MIDDLE!!!.... ".    I just don't know.... that fans can see it, the refs probably see it, undoubtedly the opponent sees it, everyone can see it except our coaching staff.     A tight-end or slot sneaks across the middle and your grandmother could throw to him.   He will be just as wide open late in the 4th quarter as he is on the first play of the game.     You can bet the Crockett game plan will be to exploit this, except Crockett is no Volunteer and they will NOT keep dropping wide open passes...

BOONE OFFENSE:

Boone's offense is pretty balanced and can put up  a lot of points.  Pass protection is decent and the run game is great.  The real question is, can they match Crockett score for score?

BOONE SPECIAL TEAMS:

1.  Extra points are very solid
2.  Field Goals - we have only tried a couple this year
3.  Punting - The punt itself is usually pretty good, but we have had a few blocked or nearly blocked
4.  Kickoff coverage - It is a tradition at Boone to scout the fastest most elusive guy on the other team and continually kick to him....   I know, fans are screaming and doing the face-palm thing but who knows, maybe that is some type of Washington Co. ordinance that you have to always kick to the fastest guy...

WHEN ALL THE SMOKE CLEARS:

This may be the most intense Muskie ever.   Would love to see Boone pull it off but I'm afraid this is Crockett's year to go 10-0 for a perfect season.

Did Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett ever meet each other? Did one write to the other? Surely they must have known about each other. Boone, born in 1734, was 52 years older than Crockett, who was born in 1786. Boone died at age 85 in September 1820 in Missouri, where he spent most of the last two decades of his life. Crockett died at age 49 in the battle of the Alamo on March 6, 1836. Someone I talked with said Joe Swann would probably have the answer. Swann is a Davy Crockett expert who lives in the city of Maryville not far from Knoxville. I called him Thursday.

Daniel Boone never met Davy Crockett, Swann said. “There were no letters, no correspondence.”There was, however, a slim connection between two, and his name was Jacob Siler. Siler was a friend and associate of Boone, Swann said. “Siler made a rifle for Boone.” In 1798, Siler came in contact with Davy Crockett. John Crockett hired out his 12-year-old son to Siler that year.

Davy helped Siler drive a herd of cattle to Rockbridge County, Va., according to the Handbook of Texas Online. Siler tried to detain Davy after the job was finished, but the boy escaped one night by walking seven miles in two hours in knee-deep snow.

https://www.gazettetimes.com/blogs/graham-kislingbury/the-daniel-boone-davy-crockett-connection/article_79f9ffa2-391a-5db3-a881-54968f09cee2.html

10 hours ago, noonesfool said:

i picked Boone on the big ones so that makes me serious :D Boone 28 Crocket 21.Actually saw the Alamo 2 Sundays ago in San Antonio.

Just by what I've seen this year,this should be a great football game and I'd give it a tossup as to who wins.Now to the school names and a little Batman history for those that want to waste a minute of their lives.I regret to say that I spent a few months in San Antonio when I was younger and never went to see the Alamo.One of my former Greene county natives spent his last days there and was played by John Wayne in the movie "The Alamo".That makes me  want David Crockett to do well in this matchup.On the other hand ,Daniel Boone started The wilderness trail  just a mile or two from where I've raised my youngest kids and just a few feet from where I've worked for the last several years.Shoot,Daniel Boone probably killed a bear in my yard .Both schools are named after two great men and I hope it's a great football game.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Have not seen Crockett play this year, but let's break this down from a Boone perspective:

BOONE DEFENSE:

1.  Boone has zero pass rush
2.  Boone defense has no idea what tight ends and slot receivers are

Boone's pass defense on the wide-outs is actually pretty good, but whenever #2 happens they are wide open all night long, and I mean WIDE OPEN.   Even Volunteer roasted Boone with #2, the only thing is they just could not make the catch, but the guy was open every time.    All the fans around me were screaming "It's getting ready to go to #83!!.....   Watch the slot over the MIDDLE!!!.... ".    I just don't know.... that fans can see it, the refs probably see it, undoubtedly the opponent sees it, everyone can see it except our coaching staff.     A tight-end or slot sneaks across the middle and your grandmother could throw to him.   He will be just as wide open late in the 4th quarter as he is on the first play of the game.     You can bet the Crockett game plan will be to exploit this, except Crockett is no Volunteer and they will NOT keep dropping wide open passes...

BOONE OFFENSE:

Boone's offense is pretty balanced and can put up  a lot of points.  Pass protection is decent and the run game is great.  The real question is, can they match Crockett score for score?

BOONE SPECIAL TEAMS:

1.  Extra points are very solid
2.  Field Goals - we have only tried a couple this year
3.  Punting - The punt itself is usually pretty good, but we have had a few blocked or nearly blocked
4.  Kickoff coverage - It is a tradition at Boone to scout the fastest most elusive guy on the other team and continually kick to him....   I know, fans are screaming and doing the face-palm thing but who knows, maybe that is some type of Washington Co. ordinance that you have to always kick to the fastest guy...

WHEN ALL THE SMOKE CLEARS:

This may be the most intense Muskie ever.   Would love to see Boone pull it off but I'm afraid this is Crockett's year to go 10-0 for a perfect season.

Very good scouting report