Blackman builds a tougher resume with Alcoa, Mt Juliet and Ravenwood

Blaze45

8 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

It was not Alcoa looking , it was actually Blackman looking to fill some slots. Florence Alabama decided to drop coming to Blackman which left and open week one. Just so happened that Alcoa was open as well. It didn't hurt that current Blackman Kit Hartsfield also played for Rankin state Championship squad. (They were good friends) Mentor/mentee 

Either way, both teams agreed to play. Alcoa was looking because we all knew the 2 year deal with KY was OVER. Most of the larger schools don’t want to play Alcoa. They constantly use the excuse of Alcoa being a 3A school and not benefiting from playing. That’s a chicken crap excuse... The Tornadoes don’t run from competition. They play who will agree to play...:thumb: 

Im hearing that Alcoa is waiting on a response from Greeneville. Would also like to see Oak Ridge on the schedule, but we all know that isn’t going to happen...

Edited by Throwdeslant

1 minute ago, Throwdeslant said:

Either way, both teams agreed to play. Most of the larger schools don’t want to play Alcoa. They constantly use the excuse of Alcoa being a 3A school and not benefiting from playing. That’s a chicken crap excuse... The Tornadoes don’t run from competition. The play who will agree to play...:thumb:

I think if you read the article attached to the top of the thread  you will see we view Alcoa as one of the elite programs ...along with Maryville  They have the talent, coaching and players that will help us grow up and be a better program for playing them

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I think if you read the article attached to the top of the thread  you will see we view Alcoa as one of the elite programs ...along with Maryville  They have the talent, coaching and players that will help us grow up and be a better program for playing them

Not trying to slam Blackman. I applaud them for reaching out. Would much rather stay in state than travel to KY. Just pitiful that there are so many local schools that refuse to play..

Edited by Throwdeslant

8 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Will Alcoa play Fulton again?  I think those 2 schools should play each other.  Kudos to Blackman and Alcoa. 

I guess it would depend on Jody meddling with Alcoa’s region games in the future off-seasons.... :thumb: Also difficult to schedule them when they jump classifications to get away.I would rather see Oak Ridge...

Edited by Throwdeslant

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Well this might be a very interesting game. Glad to see Alcoa step up to the plate and sign this one up. 

"UP to the plate? "

When is Maryville going to step "UP" to the plate and play Brentwood Academy, MBA, etc.......or out of state??? HUH?! 

YOU kill me. 

I know Maryville gets ask that question all the time and is sick of it!!!

Then you down Alcoa with the same ridiculous statement.  Alcoa always steps up in competition. How stupid!!!!

Edited by BCsportsfan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

"UP to the plate? "

When is Maryville going to step "UP" to the plate and play Brentwood Academy, MBA, etc.......or out of state??? HUH?! 

YOU kill me. 

I know Maryville gets ask that question all the time and is sick of it!!!

Then you down Alcoa with the same ridiculous statement.  Alcoa always steps up in competition. How stupid!!!!

In the same breath, ole Barn will bash GCA for stepping up to the plate. Lol! Kinda hypocritical if you ask me. :lol:  I guess it’s okay if you have a relative on the team that’s stepping up. 

Edited by Throwdeslant

1 hour ago, Throwdeslant said:

Not trying to slam Blackman. I applaud them for reaching out. Would much rather stay in state than travel to KY. Just pitiful that there are so many local schools that refuse to play..

No offense taken here... It is  a shame that people are more concerned about a winning record than actually getting better and really improving oneself. Any coach can go find 4 gimme games and hope like heck to win 3 of their 6 region games and joila winning season. But did your players grow? Did you make better men of them? O r did you teach them ... take out the easy targets and you will be ok 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

No offense taken here... It is  a shame that people are more concerned about a winning record than actually getting better and really improving oneself. Any coach can go find 4 gimme games and hope like heck to win 3 of their 6 region games and joila winning season. But did your players grow? Did you make better men of them? O r did you teach them ... take out the easy targets and you will be ok 

Totally agree! A prime example is in the Oak Ridge thread about them needing a replacement game. Just read through a couple pages. Comical. A quote was made about Alcoa being a 3A school with no following. Alcoa has a greater following than most football teams in the state....Just a very sad excuse for avoiding a LOSS....:thumb: