AP POLL CLASS 1A OCT 15 2018

Southtowner

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

You've had Huntingdon ranked ahead of Cornersville all year.  That means you think Huntingdon will win this year.  

Huntingdon is the favorite this year in the West and has been all season. They are also the prohibitive favorite out of the West for next year and have been all season.

You're talking in circles again. :)

You have been reading what I’ve been saying about them all season. Yes, I think they are the favorite. Them and Cornersville winner decides Cookeville this season. 

24 minutes ago, Stang3 said:

We're all playing for 2nd place behind Greenback

On paper, yes we all should be.  When you win a state title in a blowout and return almost your entire team you should repeat. Now they have added a Mr. Football caliber athlete to the mix. They should be a 3 TD favorite in the semifinals and finals. That doesn’t mean it happens, but they are a very old and talented team. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

On paper, yes we all should be.  When you win a state title in a blowout and return almost your entire team you should repeat. Now they have added a Mr. Football caliber athlete to the mix. They should be a 3 TD favorite in the semifinals and finals. That doesn’t mean it happens, but they are a very old and talented team. 

With the regular season ending & playoffs right around the corner I'd like to see what everyone grades their own respective teams:

Huntingdon Mustangs: (9-0)

Offense:  A+ total points scored 463 averaging 52 points per game. 

Defense: B- Given up 145 total points, opponents averaging 17 points per game. This can be little misleading with starters not playing. 

Special Teams: A- 46 yrd field goal (total points unknown). Team struggled on kickoff coverage   

Overall: A- Couple quality wins over some higher classification teams. Milan/Waverly/Camden 

Edited by Stang3

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Or new player is a good football player but not a Mr football caliber player.he fills a large gap that we had at the running back spot No Doubt.He is still getting used to our system.

51 minutes ago, Stang3 said:

With the regular season ending & playoffs right around the corner I'd like to see what everyone grades their own respective teams:

Huntingdon Mustangs: (9-0)

Offense:  A+ total points scored 463 averaging 52 points per game. 

Defense: B- Given up 145 total points, opponents averaging 17 points per game. This can be little misleading with starters not playing. 

Special Teams: A- 46 yrd field goal (total points unknown). Team struggled on kickoff coverage   

Overall: A- Couple quality wins over some higher classification teams. Milan/Waverly/Camden 

Not bad for a defense full of juniors with 2 seniors starting

7 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

If Huntingdon can beat Cornersville this season with a junior loaded team then I will go ahead and say it. They will represent the west the next two seasons. 

Well all I can say is what about last year with the junior loaded team from cornersville  just wondering same players a heck of alot bigger faster and stronger  we lost 2 people  but also have a junior class of 13 or more coming up that's played  as freshman  not the whole class but 3 to 4 of them have so I don't understand  your  Logic

5 minutes ago, Chad02 said:

Well all I can say is what about last year with the junior loaded team from cornersville  just wondering same players a heck of alot bigger faster and stronger  we lost 2 people  but also have a junior class of 13 or more coming up that's played  as freshman  not the whole class but 3 to 4 of them have so I don't understand  your  Logic

21 juniors for Huntingdon 

29 minutes ago, Chad02 said:

Cornersville will take a step back in 2019. They have a shot this year, but I don’t see them being a top team to beat next season.  

19 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

21 juniors for Huntingdon 

17 seniors  for cornersville  9 have started as freshman  so what!! If and when it does  happens  get ready boy it will be the best game either team has played in all there high school years I promise that we know yall are good I haven't said yall wasn't  but give credit  were credit is dew to both teams 

3 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Cornersville will take a step back in 2019. They have a shot this year, but I don’t see them being a top team to beat next season.  

True  but should be competitive they have a big junior  class and alot of underclassmen that's played alot this year and a junior high  team that was undefeated all year  against all the fayetteville teams and a few more others cornersville will be around for  awhile  I just hope they keep it up In youth league  that we started with these seniors