AP POLL CLASS 1A OCT 15 2018

Southtowner

57 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

4.5 is a very fast time.If i was to figure i would say 4.6 to 4.7.McCord has a 4.68,Willis is a true 4.6,The twins a little slower than Willis.Edwards would be the other 4.6 but yet to see the field.Have numerous sub 5 for sure.We are fast but 4.5 Bass is right thats greasy fast.Roberts was a 4.6 and he is a NC but being 6'3 200 pounds helped that one.Now Cherokee23 may have seen something i havent so i am not going to say he is wrong.

4.7 or mid 4.6 is probably a lot more reasonable for sure.  4.5 are far and few between. I can only think of 2-3 in that range the past 50 years at SP. 

33 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

How fast is #26.  He has had 3 or 4 very long TD catches on that screen pass and he looks fast from the stands for sure.

He is right there with the twins as is Hanley. Now of course I don't sit there with a stopwatch so I don't know exactly how fast these kids are but just knowing high school ball and how hard it is to find a 4.5 Guy.4.6 and a half to 4 7 is about right.That is still FAST tho!

For some reason I forgot about the Oliver Springs game.... I guess that’s why I forgot. But referring to speed, from hear say they haven’t had a legit 4.5 flat guy but have had in the high 4.5 range to low 4.6. But that is just from the stopwatch. Game speed is what matters. And Roberts fastest was a 4.49 at a camp 

22 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

He is right there with the twins as is Hanley. Now of course I don't sit there with a stopwatch so I don't know exactly how fast these kids are but just knowing high school ball and how hard it is to find a 4.5 Guy.4.6 and a half to 4 7 is about right.That is still FAST tho!

Just felt like runnin............

Image result for running fast gif

22 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I agree that 4.5 is extremely fast and wasn't saying he was that fast but he is one that I think some times gets overlooked but has had several big plays on offense this year.

9 minutes ago, GBKEES said:

I agree that 4.5 is extremely fast and wasn't saying he was that fast but he is one that I think some times gets overlooked but has had several big plays on offense this year.

I agree,he and #1 both do.But both add different elements to the game.As does your boy i love that we picked up a big bruiser and he also has gotten better each game.Adding McCord has made ALL our backs better amazing what good competition will do!

16 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

For some reason I forgot about the Oliver Springs game.... I guess that’s why I forgot. But referring to speed, from hear say they haven’t had a legit 4.5 flat guy but have had in the high 4.5 range to low 4.6. But that is just from the stopwatch. Game speed is what matters. And Roberts fastest was a 4.49 at a camp 

That is fast!Hey i want to forget the OS game too!:blink:

22 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Kayne could fly and I would almost guarantee that he ran sub 4.5 . Anytime you race all the Blount county teams fastest players at the jamboree and smoke them you are picking them up and putting em down in a hurry.

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I agree,he and #1 both do.But both add different elements to the game.As does your boy i love that we picked up a big bruiser and he also has gotten better each game.Adding McCord has made ALL our backs better amazing what good competition will do!

Thanks.  He is starting to get the hang of playing linebacker.  He's always played DE before.

The competition is great to have, seems like each guy tries to make as much of his opportunity as he can.