TSSAA MID CYCLE ENROLLMENTS

Southtowner

3 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

That’s a stupid system. Your school is big and you suck, but you get to go to the playoffs.  That’s the dumbest thing they ever did. They have 0-10 teams going in that voodoo system. 

It may be coming back.  All the privates will be gone.  Only a few lingered around the last reclassification.  

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Am I correct? The only teams that will move up or down next year are teams that increased or decreased by 20% or more?

That is correct.

If you have an increase of 20% or more AND it causes you to fall in a higher class then you will be moved.  No option.

If you have a decrease of 20% or more AND it cause you to drop to another class then you can opt out of the class you're in and drop down.

Anyone that doesn't have an increase or decrease of 20% or more ain't going anywhere.

They should put in a rule, no moving up to avoid competition. Any move up needs to be approved, and judged for a good reason-either better competition or travel considerations. The moving up leaves them scrambling to place regions together, so you have Anderson County playing East Ridge and Howard. 

10 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

That’s a stupid system. Your school is big and you suck, but you get to go to the playoffs.  That’s the dumbest thing they ever did. They have 0-10 teams going in that voodoo system. 

Frankly, they could fix that by only letting 8 schools in the playoffs for super 32.  In reality, only 3 teams from a region should made it in the rest. 

Bass, take Mitchell for instance.  They had more than a 20% decrease in enrollment but it wasn't enough of a drop in enrollment to let them opt out of 2A and come down to 1A.

They have 397 students this mid classification.  Down from 508.  The 397 still leaves them in 2A because the cutoff for 1A was set at 375 the last classification. 

29 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Bass, take Mitchell for instance.  They had more than a 20% decrease in enrollment but it wasn't enough of a drop in enrollment to let them opt out of 2A and come down to 1A.

They have 397 students this mid classification.  Down from 508.  The 397 still leaves them in 2A because the cutoff for 1A was set at 375 the last classification. 

I just noticed Trousdale at 360 putting them below the line from 2016. Didn’t know if they would try to move them or not. I was thinking like you that the only way you could move down was to be 20% decrease into another class. 

Just now, TheAmbassador said:

I just noticed Trousdale at 360 putting them below the line from 2016. Didn’t know if they would try to move them or not. I was thinking like you that the only way you could move down was to be 20% decrease into another class. 

Yes you have to have a 20% decrease or more.  Trousdale has 1A enrollment numbers but didn't have the necessary 20% decrease to opt out.

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I highly doubt you'll ever see just 3 classes in DI football anymore.  With what is known about concussions and brain injuries nowadays.  No way an Association would open themselves up to that with the difference in enrollments.   Those days are gone and prolly for the better.  Now we can argue there are too many classes as of now but I believe the argument of just 3 is already sailed.

You are correct that we will probably never see a classification with 100 schools in one division.  Lets be honest it has nothing to do with concussions but it has everything to do with parents, kids, coaches and the administration at schools today being SOFT.  Everyone wants a trophy but they really don't want to put in the work necessary to win a state title.

Edited by cbg