Alcoa @ Austin East

Dark1

24 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

At the same time AE loaded the box and brought the house. Alcoa continued to run right at it? It did not work early on. As Hammer said....once AE was wore down the running game became effective. The down field passes where vey nice and helped to stretch out AE. Alcoa needed to be more balanced offensively to the edges. I've seen a lot better oline play and play call this season to know that this was far from being Alcoa's best.

So alcoa did not score all their points in first quarter ?

8 hours ago, Hitthatquataback said:
5 hours ago, Hitthatquataback said:

I know they will be fine, & they will bounce back, but the O line got pushed around all night, they just wasn't ready to play. 

45 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

At the same time AE loaded the box and brought the house. Alcoa continued to run right at it? It did not work early on. As Hammer said....once AE was wore down the running game became effective. The down field passes where vey nice and helped to stretch out AE. Alcoa needed to be more balanced offensively to the edges. I've seen a lot better oline play and play call this season to know that this was far from being Alcoa's best.

Alcoa did not play their best.  There was a problem on the o line, it will be fixed.

The big thing was the last drive when alcoa lined up and just ran the ball into the endzone. 

BC, I agree. I still think this was a long game coaching move by the staff.  Get them ready for gold ball run.

Alcoa did not play their best game, had some uncharacteristic penalties and mistakes and still beat a top 10 school at their house by 3 TDs! Good grief.

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Agreed!

• Like 1

I’m going to leave it at this;  

AE stood toe to toe with Alcoa it’s that simple.  Yes, Alcoa won the game but I wouldn’t necessarily say it was the “worst game” they played.  AE loaded the box and Alcoa couldn’t run on them.  It was the passing game that killed AE.  The 3rd down conversions killed AE.  AE kept allowing Alcoa to capitalize on 3rd down.  AE couldn’t score in the red zone , that killed AE.  AE’s offensive line allowed to many tackles in the backfield, that killed AE.     However, AE’s defense proved to you all that It wasn’t gonna be a cake walk.  Like many predicted.  You got to give them their props ... That last driving TD under a minute to go, well duh it’s gonna be easy when the game was basically already over.... 

Who said anything about a moral victory? No sir, AE won’t accept a “moral victory”! There’s  a lot of work to be done especially on the offensive side of the ball.  Congrads on the Region Championship but AE’s goals are much bigger than a Region Championship.  Enjoy that, we’re looking forward to the rematch and hopefully this time AE can/will put up more than 1 TD on you all..

Good Luck !!  Time to Move on!

Edited by Turtle

8 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Even with Alcoa having over 100 yards in penalties...

Whose fault is that ?  Where do you all get, “Knoxville Refs” from ?  That’s the first time that crew worked an AE game, I thought they did a fairly good job .  There were a few questionable calls but I thought they did a good job .  

10 hours ago, MrTwister said:

Looks like Tom was pretty much on with his prediction but AE shocking the world? Not even close.

I said, “Shock The State!”  If you’re gonna quote me please use the right words!  By far, it was closer than what the score indicates.  Ask Rankin if he’s impressed by the game haha

6 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Whose fault is that ?  Where do you all get, “Knoxville Refs” from ?  That’s the first time that crew worked an AE game, I thought they did a fairly good job .  There were a few questionable calls but I thought they did a good job .  

:thumb: Looking forward to a rematch in three weeks at Alcoa. Good luck Turtle! Beep beep! Btw, the AE PA announcer is horrible. Y’all deserve so much better. That comes from your fans standing behind us on the visitor side.....