Sullivan North @ Meigs County - Rd 1

MarsBlackmon

In the past four years the best team I seen North have was last year right after the Happy Valley game. We were on an upswing then. Annihilated Sullivan East( they were better last year,but not by much.) We lost a couple of players before the South game and by the time playoffs began we had lost our whole d-line.  We played Rockwood  with a down defensive squad. If we would have stayed healthy we would have been a heck of a contender for the state title. This year started out so so. When we got the win over Northview academy, that really opened some eyes. But turns out that Northview is not all that great this year. The bus began to fall apart at the South Greene game. We underestimated them because we have always annihilated them ever since coming 2A football. The players just assumed we would be 5 -0 after that game and come out ill prepared mentally. Seems like we got a little more punch back during this years South game though.

As far as this game goes, some of those on here are predicting a total blowout of 49 plus to whatever we may score. I am not for sure if that would happen or not. Watched some film on Meigs. Looks like they are down a key player in the last two games and the QB over throws the ball a bit. I wondered why you all didn't beat Wartburg no more than you did. You look as if you have a strong defense. I just hope for a good game with no more injuries on either end.

37 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Even at full strength I don't think they would have very much for us. Our big thing needs to be removing craniums from rectums and maybe then we'll start playing better. Hopefully with it being the playoffs they will come out a little more focused and fired up.

Yeah whatever is wrong really dragging us down offensively. Use to score at will but barely sustaining drives alot of the times last 2 games.

14 minutes ago, Gunner0331 said:

In the past four years the best team I seen North have was last year right after the Happy Valley game. We were on an upswing then. Annihilated Sullivan East( they were better last year,but not by much.) We lost a couple of players before the South game and by the time playoffs began we had lost our whole d-line.  We played Rockwood  with a down defensive squad. If we would have stayed healthy we would have been a heck of a contender for the state title. This year started out so so. When we got the win over Northview academy, that really opened some eyes. But turns out that Northview is not all that great this year. The bus began to fall apart at the South Greene game. We underestimated them because we have always annihilated them ever since coming 2A football. The players just assumed we would be 5 -0 after that game and come out ill prepared mentally. Seems like we got a little more punch back during this years South game though.

As far as this game goes, some of those on here are predicting a total blowout of 49 plus to whatever we may score. I am not for sure if that would happen or not. Watched some film on Meigs. Looks like they are down a key player in the last two games and the QB over throws the ball a bit. I wondered why you all didn't beat Wartburg no more than you did. You look as if you have a strong defense. I just hope for a good game with no more injuries on either 

Defensively we are still playing well. Really get the offense alot of chances to score this year. We are a different team last two games then what we were first of the season offensively. The boys just aren't clicking like they were not sure why.

22 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Game day fellas what have you? Sullivan North coming in to Decatur. What can we expect to see tonight? SN. A passing team or rushing team? Good O or D? Have we ever played them before etc? Any standout players to watch for?

Believe this will be the first meeting of the two teams in football.