South Pittsburg vs Monterey (Grider against this Hughes man)

Roy Dillard

17 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

I created us a website for this playoff game.  Our boys still arent holding on to Griders balls very well.  If this Hughes man beats Grider our season will be over. I garuntee you I aint joking either.  

No worries in your season ending this week Roy! Pack me a Red Bull and some Hot chocolate and I prefer Swiss Rolls! See u Friday!

A dangerous thing for any team...do you get complacent and go through the motions? That's what we have looked like several times this year. Coaches do their job in preparation to set us up for success, but they do not go play. I just have not been able to see consistent fire from our kids this year. 

1 minute ago, powerp said:

A dangerous thing for any team...do you get complacent and go through the motions? That's what we have looked like several times this year. Coaches do their job in preparation to set us up for success, but they do not go play. I just have not been able to see consistent fire from our kids this year. 

Monterey has some decent players back this year. They got a big receiver. He is the one that horse collar 22 last year. I’m sure u guys remember that. They got a sophomore linebacker that is good and there QB can make plays. They are small as usual and young up front. Either way from what I have seen of SP they will have a running clock in second half. All of   Top 3 seeds in Region 4 are a touchdown apart or less. Everyone wants to see Gville but they are no threat to you guys either. I hear the well we not playing our ball part all year from gville and if your not playing it by now well ur just not as good as u think. You guys mercy everyone till u meet Whitwell again. 

9 minutes ago, powerp said:

Powerp this is one of those scary games if a team is not playing good fundamental ball.Put the ball on the ground and give them some momentum it can change things----Although myself,i think you all win by 28 at least.

5 minutes ago, powerp said:

We should be building momentum going into these playoffs but still seem to be hungover. 

Most programs would love a 9-1 regular season. We still have an opportunity to avenge the 1 loss but we won't if we keep going through the motions.  No one is gonna hand us anything.  If you want it, go out there and take it. 

Time to light a fire under everyone on this squad and see who wants to step up and lead.

35 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

We should be building momentum going into these playoffs but still seem to be hungover. 

Most programs would love a 9-1 regular season. We still have an opportunity to avenge the 1 loss but we won't if we keep going through the motions.  No one is gonna hand us anything.  If you want it, go out there and take it. 

Time to light a fire under everyone on this squad and see who wants to step up and lead.

I was at Gordonsville last night, but I heard it was more of the same at LV. It looks like the ceiling for this team is the quarterfinals.  PowerP said it before... I don’t see leaders like I saw last season. A small senior class last year just like this season.  However, the difference is those guys last year could get the rest of the team to respond.  You’re right though.. most would love a 9-1 season, but around here it’s just not good enough. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

44 minutes ago, TALMAD said:

Monterey has some decent players back this year. They got a big receiver. He is the one that horse collar 22 last year. I’m sure u guys remember that. They got a sophomore linebacker that is good and there QB can make plays. They are small as usual and young up front. Either way from what I have seen of SP they will have a running clock in second half. All of   Top 3 seeds in Region 4 are a touchdown apart or less. Everyone wants to see Gville but they are no threat to you guys either. I hear the well we not playing our ball part all year from gville and if your not playing it by now well ur just not as good as u think. You guys mercy everyone till u meet Whitwell again. 

I saw Gordy last night. They are better than the other teams in our region. Sequatchie, Lipscomb, Goodpasture, and Whitwell are better. They would have a good game with Marion if they could have played. The RB is a good player for sure. 

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I saw Gordy last night. They are better than the other teams in our region. Sequatchie, Lipscomb, Goodpasture, and Whitwell are better. They would have a good game with Marion if they could have played. The RB is a good player for sure. 

Yes Givens is a dandy. He runs hard.