GC vs Fairley

westtnsportsfan

12 hours ago, GCPioneerFan said:

Oakhaven is grass or at least it was a couple years ago.  It sits on top of a hill. If we get 1.5 to 2.5 inches of rain it could be get sloppy.   Visitor seating is limited and you may want to bring a chair.

Go get'em Lions pulling for you guys.

So ... the game is at Oakhaven, and not Crump?

6A
White Station at Houston, Central at Cordova, Collierville at Whitehaven,Arlington at Germantown
5A
Kenwood at Kirby, Munford at Henry Co, Southwind at Clarksville, Dyer Co vs Ridgeway
4A
Ripley at Millington, Crockett Co vs Craigmont, Fayette Ware at Haywood, East at Dyersburg
3A
Melrose at Covington, South Gibson vs Wooddale, McNairy Central at Raleigh Egypt, Trezevant at Milan
2A
Gibson Co vs Fairley, Trinity Christian vs Mitchell, Douglass at Union City, MAHS at Peabody
1A
Westwood at Lake Co, West Carroll vs Hillcrest, South Fulton vs Freedom Prep, MASE at Greenfield

Knowing what I know now, revisions are as follows for fields shared by Shelby County schools in the city of Memphis city limits:

Whitehaven, J. P. Freeman, Melrose, Crump, Fairgrounds, Halle, Kirby, BTW, Oakhaven, and Raleigh Egypt.

in 6A - Whitehaven at Whitehaven

In 5A - Kirby at Kirby, Ridgeway at Halle

In 4A - Craigmont at (?)

In 3A - Wooddale at (?), R.E at R.E.

In 2A - Fairley at Crump, Mitchell at Oakhaven 

In 1A - Hillcrest at ?, Freedaom Prep at ?

From my revised count ... 4 games with 4 fields as you can see above. They should be able to get them in. We will see. It also depends on what kind of shape the non-turf fields are in. Those are Oakhaven, J.P. Freeman, Halle, Raleigh Egypt, and the Fairgrounds.

Both Hillcrest abd Freedom Prep are in the SW quadrant of Memphis. The closes field to either school that isn't claimed is J.P. Freeman. One of those schools will play there. The other are anybody's guess.

27 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Yeah I noticed that. What’s your point ?  I don’t mean that in a smart way 

It tells me they haven’t been in a competitive football game for the entire game this season in a win or loss. It may mean something, it may not.

There is a lot of unknown for both teams coming into Friday nights game other than what I’ve seen and heard. We will either be in their backfield all night hitting them before they ever get going, or they will hit us with big play after big play.... it will be interesting to see how it all plays out!

3 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

It tells me they haven’t been in a competitive football game for the entire game this season in a win or loss. It may mean something, it may not.

There is a lot of unknown for both teams coming into Friday nights game other than what I’ve seen and heard. We will either be in their backfield all night hitting them before they ever get going, or they will hit us with big play after big play.... it will be interesting to see how it all plays out!

Yeah it really is a big mystery with these teams out of Memphis. We played Mitchell last year and beat them like 30-0 but I’m not sure that means anything. There is no way to know how many they had returning 

19 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

This Fairley team is somewhat of a mystery. I believe they win this game easily. They are athletic and can cause some teams some big problems.  

Have you watched any video of them ?  One of the Memphis guys posted some links of their stats. The back they have is good but in the videos these teams are missing 5 6 tackles lol. By the looks of the stats they are a running team so if a team was to stop the run I think they can be beat. 

23 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Have you watched any video of them ?  One of the Memphis guys posted some links of their stats. The back they have is good but in the videos these teams are missing 5 6 tackles lol. By the looks of the stats they are a running team so if a team was to stop the run I think they can be beat. 

Don’t believe the film you watch. It never is a true depiction of what is on the field live. Trust me.