GC vs Fairley

westtnsportsfan

Nobody will know where it will be played. I’m pretty sure they don’t have a field. Most of the 1a 2a schools in Memphis don’t have a field. I figure they will find out the day of where they will be playing.   I think it depends on how gc plays. If they play like they did against tca they will get blown out. If they hit them hard early they may be able to make a game of it. 

Good luck GC I hope you can pull off a win 

Gibson County will have to play like they did against Trenton and Lake County. Usually teams from Memphis in the smaller classes don't like to be hit. Gibson Co must be physical and play ball control on offense with no turnovers. They must keep Fairleys offense off the field. Shorten the game and score when they get the ball in the red zone. Good luck to Gibson County hopefully they can bring home a win.

Edited by lakecounty1968

13 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Nobody will know where it will be played. I’m pretty sure they don’t have a field. Most of the 1a 2a schools in Memphis don’t have a field. I figure they will find out the day of where they will be playing.   I think it depends on how gc plays. If they play like they did against tca they will get blown out. If they hit them hard early they may be able to make a game of it. 

Good luck GC I hope you can pull off a win 

Fairley playes their home games at J.P. Freeman. Sometimes they play at Whitehaven. However, Whitehaven is playing at Whitehaven this Friday. Mitchel plays their home games at Whitehaven, and sometimes at J.P. Freeman. Mitchell has a home games as well. My guess is that Mitchell plays at Whitehaven this Thursday and Fairly plays at J.P. Freeman on Friday.

That is just a guess. The Shelby County schools within the Memphis city limits share fields. There are a number of schools where their home field is not at their school.  In fact, most of them. That's why a lot of 1A and 2A Shelby County schools whithin the city limits of Memphis play on Thursday nights. It is their Friday night.

Edited by kwc

1 hour ago, kwc said:

Fairley playes their home games at J.P. Freeman. Sometimes they play at Whitehaven. However, Whitehaven is playing at Whitehaven this Friday. Mitchel plays their home games at Whitehaven, and sometimes at J.P. Freeman. Mitchell has a home games as well. My guess is that Mitchell plays at Whitehaven this Thursday and Fairly plays at J.P. Freeman on Friday.

That is just a guess. The Shelby County schools within the Memphis city limits share fields. There are a number of schools where their home field is not at their school.  In fact, most of them. That's why a lot of 1A and 2A Shelby County schools whithin the city limits of Memphis play on Thursday nights. It is their Friday night.

I understand the issue with not enough fields. Had the same problem in my hometown. Playing regular season games on a Thursday is fine and dandy if distance is not an issue. However, the TSSAA scheduled playoff games for Friday. At least three schools will have to travel well over 3+ hours or more eound trip on a school night. If the schools in Memphis don't have enough fields to accomodate the games on the night the TSSAA scedules them, them they shoulf find quality alternative available fields for Friday. If that is not possible, then the Thursday games should be played Saurday afternoon. I have no problem playing in Memphis. Have done it plenty for football and basketball. Long travel on a scool night is not a good thing though