Playoffs Playoffs Wanna talk about Playoffs

wolfchase

8 hours ago, wolfchase said:

Playoffs & being a State Champion are not what they imply or anywhere near what they used to be. Too many classes too many State Champions. State Champions are really essentially only 1/10 Champions nowdays. 9 classes(for arguments sake 10) so one tenth of a State Champion. Classes are too small(not enough teams) in order to pass out more so called State Championships. Have spread out all the good teams to make it easier and more probable to win a State Championship. Look at 3A for instance. 3AAA essentially only has maybe 3 teams in the entire class that are even playoff worthy and even remotely have a chance to win it(that being Alcoa, Covington &/or Pearl Cohn. None of the others basically even a chance by a longshot. You can't even get 6-7 teams outta the whole bracket worthy of winning the SC. Teams are ranked that have no business being ranked but have to be cause they're the only ones available etc. Most are mediocre/average at best. Even Milan is so so this year, not a threat at all, way down from year's past. Increasing the number of classes and shrinking the pool has diminished the quality BIGTIME

Now the REAL atrocity 4A

Dyersburg is in a bracket where they can possibly make it all the way to the Semi finals w/o even playing a team with a winning record. I'm am talking about the PLAYOFFS yall THE PLAYOFFS . YEAH The State Championship 4A Football PLAYOFFS not weekend Sister of Poor Classic.

Dyersburg is playing a team in the 1st Round of the Playoffs that did not even win a single game. Only scored 12 points ALL YEAR(that's 12 points all year(entire season long) Scored in 2 games. Shutout every other game, 6 pts twice & that was prolly gifts. Plus assuming all where running clock games. Why are they playing in the Tennessee State Championship Playoffs. It's not worth the cost of the bus ride, the refs or the lights (electric) expenses.

Wouldn't you think in Playoff Football, the games should/would naturally be more challenging. More demanding than your regular season matchups? Not the case in 4A. Many will be playing weaker teams than they played all year.

The overall record of the teams in Dyersburg's bracket is 31-45. Thirty-one & Forty-five for the entire bracket and that's including Dyersburg's record. Dyersburg's combined opponent's record in their entire bracket is 21-45. That's ridiculous. It is quite fitting however. Dyersburg is known for playing cupcakes when they have input or a chance to select their opponent. Been paying Frazier and  MLK Prep for years for easy blowout W's

I feel this is what happens when they trying to make the county schools happy. They are the ones that complained and wanted privates out. Some will say it's about money with that could also be true but I agree with you 100%

Who would ever think that any team's Post Season Playoff Opponent would be an easier(more of a cupcake) opponent than any you played all season long? Dyersburg's opponent Memphis East will be an even bigger cupcake than their annual guaranteed blowout win sacrificial lamb cupcake Memphis Frazier/MLK Prep and it wont even cost em any cheese $$ this time, a win win wink wink :rolleyes:   

Question 1-Is the running clock rule in effect for playoff games

Question 2-Will anyone(who if so?) purchase a ticket, pay to see/witness this game ($8 tssaa playoff ticket)

Question 3-How do you play this game? Will East even get a 1st down? Will DHS have any possession beyond 3-4 plays? Possible ref statement, or player or fan "Why are we here"

DHS the UCF of 4A

4 minutes ago, wolfchase said:

Who would ever think that any team's Post Season Playoff Opponent would be an easier(more of a cupcake) opponent than any you played all season long? Dyersburg's opponent Memphis East will be an even bigger cupcake than their annual guaranteed blowout win sacrificial lamb cupcake Memphis Frazier/MLK Prep and it wont even cost em any cheese $$ this time, a win win wink wink :rolleyes:   

Question 1-Is the running clock rule in effect for playoff games

Question 2-Will anyone(who if so?) purchase a ticket, pay to see/witness this game ($8 tssaa playoff ticket)

Question 3-How do you play this game? Will East even get a 1st down? Will DHS have any possession beyond 3-4 plays? Possible ref statement, or player or fan "Why are we here"

DHS the UCF of 4A

Mercy rule is effect. Springfield saw that last year losing to Greeneville 55-13

15 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

In general, Round1 has eliminated most of the teams with poor records. However, I see that in 3A Stratford (2-8) advanced to Round 2. I don’t know anything about their situation. Were they actually that bad in the regular season, or did they have to forfeit games, or what? I’m curious. 

A list of the teams that Stratford played this season:

CPA (10-0) DII AA #1 Seed

Hillsboro (7-3) 5A R6 #1 seed

Pearl Cohn (8-2) 3A R5 #1 Seed

East Nashville (9-1) 3A R5 #2 Seed

Maplewood (9-1) 4A #1 Seed

Rossview (6-4) 6A R4 #4 Seed

Giles County (1-9)7-3 without DQ

Father Ryan (2-8)

NW Clarksville

Whites Creek

Their only wins were against Clarksville Northwest and Whites Creek. They almost beast Giles County. But that was after Bobcats were eliminated from any chance of the playoffs the previous week.

33 minutes ago, midtnmale said:

A list of the teams that Stratford played this season:

CPA (10-0) DII AA #1 Seed

Hillsboro (7-3) 5A R6 #1 seed

Pearl Cohn (8-2) 3A R5 #1 Seed

East Nashville (9-1) 3A R5 #2 Seed

Maplewood (9-1) 4A #1 Seed

Rossview (6-4) 6A R4 #4 Seed

Giles County (1-9)7-3 without DQ

Father Ryan (2-8)

NW Clarksville

Whites Creek

Their only wins were against Clarksville Northwest and Whites Creek. They almost beast Giles County. But that was after Bobcats were eliminated from any chance of the playoffs the previous week.

Sometimes you have to see who these 2-8 teams like Stratford has played before you judge. Now I do agree with 98% of what everyone said on here, but in Stratford case I don't. By them playing such a brutal schedule, in my opinion prepared them to go on the road and get close win lastnight.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

14 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Sometimes you have to see who these 2-8 teams like Stratford has played before you judge. Now I do agree with 98% of what everyone said on here, but in Stratford case I don't. By them playing such a brutal schedule, in my opinion prepared them to go on the road and get close win lastnight.

I didn't explicitly state it, but I agree with your point. What I was trying to imply that with a average schedule the Spartans would have likely finished above .500. 

• Upvote 1