Cland welcomes the jackets

THE KING

I really thought you played football in all kinds of weather,rain, sleet,snow,mud whatever.both teams have to play in the same conditions,it's just adapt and play.when I played up on the mountain many moons ago just about every home game was a monsoon, went through 3 pairs of cleats.Orr field has never been the greatest but it's one of the best places to play especially in the mud I bet those boys loved every minute of  and the ones who didn't like or are complaining about it are getting ready for basketball

10 hours ago, IMDog said:

I really thought you played football in all kinds of weather,rain, sleet,snow,mud whatever.both teams have to play in the same conditions,it's just adapt and play.when I played up on the mountain many moons ago just about every home game was a monsoon, went through 3 pairs of cleats.Orr field has never been the greatest but it's one of the best places to play especially in the mud I bet those boys loved every minute of  and the ones who didn't like or are complaining about it are getting ready for basketball

Back in the 90s we played up there it came a snow storm and half i didn't know if we was going to get off that mountain. Probably one of the coldest places we played. But you never forget the great times. That's what I love about Cloudland Greenback Coalfield and others you get to grow up in a small town that love football and sports. No matter the weather those stands will be full with a community that love there kids. 

Edited by GbMan

On 11/3/2018 at 10:08 AM, THE KING said:

I don't think there will be a lot of talking this week.  I can feel the respect from the jacket posters through my computer.  I do think this has the makings of a real good ball game.  Hopefully, the field will be in better shape.  I hope for a clean hard fought game.  A few players from last year's coalfield team were a little chippy.  I saw the linebacker,  I think his number was 54,  try to intentionally hurt cland's players.  And we got a lot of dirty play out of midway last night.  That was one sorry outfit, all the way from the coaches, players, and fans.  They need to repent and be baptized :twisted:

Some things never change. I would expect the same type of if play. That’s how they coach their kids in cf. starts in little league and never stop. Some of the coaches out there are outrageous in how they coach a young man to win.

45 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Dude,  you don't have to be big to be a good blocker. Onb and nation saw how small i was at cooper field last year.  I never got blown off the ball. Got the tapes to prove it.  Ask big #78 from back in 94

You just never played against me there little Feller!:motorbike:lol

Yes oh King is a little Feller and I heard he was a good lineman and I agree you don't have to be a big one to be a good one! But it sure does help!

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

You just never played against me there little Feller!:motorbike:lol

Yes oh King is a little Feller and I heard he was a good lineman and I agree you don't have to be a big one to be a good one! But it sure does help!

I've been pancaked before lol.  Lunsford never coddled anyone. If you got whipped in practice he'd make fun of you and call you a puscy.  If a fight broke out, no one was allowed to break it up.  Cland was a painstaking place to play football.  Mike used to be young lol.  I thought he was a sadist :roflol:

15 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I've been pancaked before lol.  Lunsford never coddled anyone. If you got whipped in practice he'd make fun of you and call you a puscy.  If a fight broke out, no one was allowed to break it up.  Cland was a painstaking place to play football.  Mike used to be young lol.  I thought he was a sadist :roflol:

You have a way with words!LOL.