Columbia Academy at Waverly Central (2nd around)

BulldawgsRise

36 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

I think this is actually going to b3 a great game close either way the team that makes the least mistakes will win . Yea im.a big Waverly supporter  but as of right now for me this game goes either way

Good post. This is where I was going with my posts. Some of the Wavo CoachT crew had an air of superiority posting this weekend. It should be a competitive game. There will be an upgrade in the opposition between Round 1 and Round 2. And yes,  I've seen Waverly play live (3) and on film (6) multiple times over the last two seasons.

The Waverly posts have been delusional. They are hurt with last year's result, and I get it. But that does not automatically translate this to revenge. They struggled with a below average 5-5 team and won by less than 2 TDs. 

All of a sudden they are gonna win convincingly, ring up CA for 40, I mean it beats all I've ever seen. no humility, no real reasons, just we love our Tigers and that's it.  

5 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

The Waverly posts have been delusional. They are hurt with last year's result, and I get it. But that does not automatically translate this to revenge. They struggled with a below average 5-5 team and won by less than 2 TDs. 

All of a sudden they are gonna win convincingly, ring up CA for 40, I mean it beats all I've ever seen. no humility, no real reasons, just we love our Tigers and that's it.  

Not even close to a wavo fan and I see them hanging 40+ with a win

Just now, Footballfever100 said:

Not even close to a wavo fan and I see them hanging 40+ with a win

1- How is Waverly, who struggled to score 32 on Forrest, gonna score 40+ on CA?

2- Waverly lost to CA last year, convincingly, in what area(s) have they improved to change the outcome THIS year?

3- CA has a much better offense than Forrest. How does Waverly, who yielded 19 to a Forrest team (who's coaching gameplan offensively was barely more coherent than using a Ouija board), plan to slow down CA's offense. 

1.)  I would guess revenge is more of a fan thing than a player thing, tbh, if i was a coach I wouldn't want my team to come out looking for 'revenge' thats how you play emotionally and lose your cool and give up giant plays, I have seen it happen too many times.  

2.)  If Waverly can stop CA's run, then I would suspect that they will win relatively big, CA has not shown they can throw the ball ever since their starting QB went down several weeks ago.  This isn't to say they can't, but it hasn't looked great from what I have seen.  I don't think Waverly can stop CA's run, but if they can limit the amount of big plays, and stop them inside the redzone that will probably win them the game, as FGs are likely to not win this. 

3.)  I do not think Waverly will put up anywhere close to 40+ points on the CA team.  The only way I can see this happen is if CA can't run the ball and gets frustrated and gives up.  I have not seen this CA team give up, so I dont think that will happen.  

4.)  I have not seen Waverly play this year, so this post is literally generic, and meaningless just like 95% of every other post in this thread.

Edited by Monkey Wrench
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

1- How is Waverly, who struggled to score 32 on Forrest, gonna score 40+ on CA?

2- Waverly lost to CA last year, convincingly, in what area(s) have they improved to change the outcome THIS year?

3- CA has a much better offense than Forrest. How does Waverly, who yielded 19 to a Forrest team (who's coaching gameplan offensively was barely more coherent than using a Ouija board), plan to slow down CA's offense. 

Yea we only scored 32 who cares CA only Scored 24 against HC which Waverly blanked 41 to 0 the week before . Neither of these matter . But y'all keep saying CA will beat Waverly becuz Waverly only scored 32 points on Forrest  . Well CA only Scored 24 on HC . Forrest is a better them than HC. Everything will be settled friday night. Like i have said on this post multiple times this game is going to be a good game either team can win and I think it will be a close hard nose game

1 minute ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

OK forget the numbers. 

Waverly struggled with Forrest. CA is a much better team. CA did not struggled with Hickman. Hickman was NEVER in that game.  

So how is Waverly gonna win this game? How? Can someone from Waverly tell me other than we love our tigers?

CA turned it over like 5 times, several of which were in scoring distance.  The score could have been worse, with that said, you turn the ball over 5 times again and you are in for a bad time. 

4 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

OK forget the numbers. 

Waverly struggled with Forrest. CA is a much better team. CA did not struggled with Hickman. Hickman was NEVER in that game.  

So how is Waverly gonna win this game? How? Can someone from Waverly tell me other than we love our tigers?

Hickman was to in that game. They scored first so to say they never was in the game is wrong. Plus Hickman just runs the ball so thats pretty easy to defend. Forrest played great and kept it close for a while so give Forrest credict. All this talk about the Waverly and Forrest game is like you guys saying Peabody is no good because they lost to Gibson County. Come on man! Really? Cant wait till Friday night!