South Side @ Springfield Rd 2

Kevin38

52 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

yea but our defense almost gave up as much

Agreed. That game and the two loses were the worst defensive games the Jackets have had all year. Missed tackles and missed assignments. Some of the MC game was due to the style of offense they play. The other two was just poor assignment football due to inexperience and youth imho. Most of that looks to be corrected now tho.

29 minutes ago, DANR said:

You act like Springfield was lucky to win.  Sure MC played them tough, but I'm not sure the the Jackets ever trailed, and definitely not in the second half.

Springfield went into that game thinking it was going to be an easy win, Springfield did not score in the fourth quarter so i dont think the second half was their best. Even if Centrals defense was "not very good" they fought till the end of game keeping springfield scoreless in the last quarter. Also MCs two point conversion attempt in the fourth was determined by the ref in the field not on either side of the end zones, so that play could also be debated. Not hating on either team, but Centrals defense has won most of their games and kept points off the board. If their was a rematch that would be a good game to watch.

3 hours ago, Tenn2000ap said:

Centrals defense is very good. Springfield won by 2 points against Central. If Central wouldn’t have had two turnovers they would be 11-0.

I saw the game.  Neither one of the teams could stop each other. Both teams do what they do well.   If that's what you call good defense you dont know football.  Facts

Edited by FootballPops

I saw the game too and what I saw was an elite athlete that went through double and triple teams to refuse to let his team lose. Sometimes I think even Springfield fans don't know how lucky they are to have 23. Noone has given MC problems like that kid did, not Portlands QB, not Kenwoods RB, not Sycamores RB who had a crazy amount of yards this year. None of them are close to 23. He is legit, south side will find out tomorrow.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tenn2000ap said:

Centrals defense is very good. Springfield won by 2 points against Central. If Central wouldn’t have had two turnovers they would be 11-0.

Maybe or maybe not. SHS was also putting themselves way behind the chains to many times. Both teams had alot of mistakes could have went either way. 

1 hour ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Agreed. That game and the two loses were the worst defensive games the Jackets have had all year. Missed tackles and missed assignments. Some of the MC game was due to the style of offense they play. The other two was just poor assignment football due to inexperience and youth imho. Most of that looks to be corrected now tho.

Bingo. The Jackets got up like 30-14 ish and really played poor on both sides. MC helped us with their TOs and we helped them with penalties and poooor tackling.

17 minutes ago, WRudolph2003 said:

I saw the game too and what I saw was an elite athlete that went through double and triple teams to refuse to let his team lose. Sometimes I think even Springfield fans don't know how lucky they are to have 23. Noone has given MC problems like that kid did, not Portlands QB, not Kenwoods RB, not Sycamores RB who had a crazy amount of yards this year. None of them are close to 23. He is legit, south side will find out tomorrow.

Oh we know.....I’ve been frustrated at times that he wasn’t getting the ball enough. Not many of his caliber in Robertson Co.

1 hour ago, DANR said:

On another note this has to be the longest thread for a Springfield game this year! There's 7-8 Springfield posters and we have had nobody to talk to most of the year.

Haha yep. Talkin amongst ourselves at times. Seems like SS had a couple more posters last yr.

edit: I went back to the SS game thread last yr and there were no SS posters. Haywood had a few.

Edited by brian2000