Quarterfinals Coalfield @ Greenback

orngnblk

23 minutes ago, muskox said:

Is parker getting any playing time up at eastern ky....enjoyed watching him play....kid could do it all

Starting Qb for them got hurt 2 weeks ago and he came in and brought them from behind to win the game and then he started last week and won the game so he's 2-0 so far.  They red shirted him this year but I think he can play in 4 games and not lose the red shirt. I think he threw for 189yds  1td  1 interceptions last week.

Edited by rtl112

4 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Starting Qb for them got hurt 2 weeks ago and he came in and brought them from behind to win the game and then he started last week and won the game so he's 2-0 so far.  They red shirted him this year but I think he can play in 4 games and not lose the red shirt. I think he threw for 189yds  1td  1 interceptions last week.

That’s really good to hear. He seemed like a really good kid and he’s def tough.. one heck of a ball player!!!

56 minutes ago, Appvol said:

How is 56 that got hurt at the Cloudland game. 

I heard it wasn't nothing serious and alot of it was precautionary.  I hope so because he will be sorely missed if not for he is the leading tackler on the team. We really can't afford any more injuries but that's football for ya, you gotta go with what you got.  

Edited by rtl112

40 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

I heard it wasn't nothing serious and alot of it was precautionary.  I hope so because he will be sorely missed if not for he is the leading tackler on the team. We really can't afford any more injuries but that's football for ya, you gotta go with what you got.  

That’s good to hear. I was worried when it happened.

Edited by Appvol

13 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Both times! I do believe this weather will help them have a little bit better game against us this time we're going to be limited like we were last week.

How you all going to be limited,  every player on the field is going to have to deal with the conditions.  If anything, I think the team with the biggest hogs in the trenchs usually have the advantage. We were very limited the last meeting due to the fact that we were playing a Qb that had never played Qb before in his life and was starting to learn the playbook.  He has improved quite a bit since then but it will take a miracle at Cooper field to even make a game of it against a LOADED Greenback  squad.

Edited by rtl112

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

How you all going to be limited,  every player on the field is going to have to deal with the conditions.  If anything, I think the team with the biggest hogs in the trenchs usually have the advantage. We were very limited the last meeting due to the fact that we were playing a Qb that had never played Qb before in his life and was starting to learn the playbook.  He has improved quite a bit since then but it will take a miracle at Cooper field to even make a game of it against a LOADED Greenback  squad.

We’re definitely limited from that standpoint that we were off 3 weeks and only have played one game since that layoff. Unfortunately that game was played in freezing temps and ponds all over the field. Also lost the best WR last week

5 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

We’re definitely limited from that standpoint that we were off 3 weeks and only have played one game since that layoff. Unfortunately that game was played in freezing temps and ponds all over the field. Also lost the best WR last week

I can agree with those two factors.

8 hours ago, rtl112 said:

From your record and the teams you have beat it does look like you all have improved.Losing all you did last year takes a while for kids to get used to playing different positions.I am looking for you all to play us much better than last,i have never seen a Coalfield team take a beating like that and not fight back.That was the quietest game i have ever watched at Cooper field.It was like being at a funeral.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Calling for rain Wednesday and Thursday so field conditions are gonna be similar to last week. Hopefully what isn’t similar  is the way we play. Defense needs to step it up a notch. Offense will be there but gonna have to find a way to stop the run consistently. Too many big plays. I think we get the job done Friday, and then it’s time to put the big boy pants on. 

I hope special teams, mainly kickoff and punt coverage, will be a point of emphasis this week.  

56 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

From your record and the teams you have beat it does look like you all have improved.Losing all you did last year takes a while for kids to get used to playing different positions.I am looking for you all to play us much better than last,i have never seen a Coalfield team take a beating like that and not fight back.That was the quietest game i have ever watched at Cooper field.It was like being at a funeral.

Speaking of a funeral......17 pages? C'mon now!!! I got to missin' you guys and checked in to see this mess? :mrgreen:

Good luck to you Friday night. Keep chasing that repeat! I'm putting the over-under at 60 pages for next week's game, if you and SP win Friday night.

2 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Speaking of a funeral......17 pages? C'mon now!!! I got to missin' you guys and checked in to see this mess? :mrgreen:

Good luck to you Friday night. Keep chasing that repeat! I'm putting the over-under at 60 pages for next week's game, if you and SP win Friday night.

Whitwell has laid claim to Cookeville!If we make it to the semis they have a plan to beat us by multiple scores.Gonna get cornrolled i think was one word they used for SP!