South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Boldin man)

Roy Dillard

2 minutes ago, powerp said:

This is my takeaway and not a knee jerk reaction. SP out hit, out played, and out coached Whitwell all night. However, they left way too many chances on the field. Give credit to Whitwells defense. The one fumble going into score hurt for sure. Raulston was head and shoulders the best player on the field tonight. He played an awesome game and I'm proud of our guys. In the end, their wide receivers were just better than our dbs. I told everyone around me they are fixing to pick on a certain someone and they did on the two fourth downs and on the two touchdowns to tie it at the end of the game.

As for the semifinals, well, SP fans have seen Greenback plenty in the past. I think Whitwells line is soft and GB will have their way with them on both sides. They also have the skill players to lock down Whitwells wrs which honestly we didn't.  The scrimmage doesn't matter from the past. Congrats pirates on a good season. With what they return we should be favorites to reach Cookeville the next two years. Go Pirates and congrats to the Tigers. I hated either team had to lose.

I wouldn’t bet on you all being the favorite the next two years and that’s all I will say about that. Good game by both teams. 

2 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

I wouldn’t bet on you all being the favorite the next two years and that’s all I will say about that. Good game by both teams. 

Guess we will wait and see next year! The returning class is going to good for sure. 

Whitwell won we lost, 2 OTs and both teams left it all on the field! Great game to watch! 

1 minute ago, Gbnation said:

We were listening to it on coachT. Good ball game!! 

It was a great game to watch! Outcome wasn’t exactly what I hoped for but I can’t take anything away from Whitwell! Both teams played as hard as they could and you could tell! 

I’ll be here the next few yrs and I’m sure this game tonight will still be talked about!

Just now, CaptainJackRackam said:

It was a great game to watch! Outcome wasn’t exactly what I hoped for but I can’t take anything away from Whitwell! Both teams played as hard as they could and you could tell! 

I’ll be here the next few yrs and I’m sure this game tonight will still be talked about!

I agree. The radio announcers said that whitwell made history tonight. Said that they had never won 13 games in a single year. Sounds like both teams put it on the line tonight. 

19 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

Hitting the recruiting trail huh? When teams in 1A lose that many seniors they typically aren’t as strong, but who knows with you boys up there. SMH

Good game Pirates. You guys played extremely hard. We had chances to probably put the game away in the first half and didn’t capitalize. Whitwell caught to many of those jump balls. Again we are victimized by a fumble into the endzone. The SP team played hard. We all should be proud of the effort tonight. 

Edited by TheAmbassador
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Wow, not sure what happened, I was too cold to stay after Sp took the two score lead.  They were out coached and out played for 3/4 of the ballgame

Lying lips I garuntee you are full of mess.  I garuntee you all you jailhouse fellars is a probably still celebrating with them Whitwell people. You think im joking but im not.