CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

3 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Yes, both Pearsons are younger brothers of last year's QB. While neither play as big of a role as Kade did, they both are pretty big weapons for this team.

As far as the passing stats go, look at the rushing stats.. When you can run the ball averaging 9-10 yards per carry, why would you throw the ball?

Make no mistake, though. When forced to, #9 can throw over the top of the defense.

It’s just rare to see such a prolific offense with such low passing stats, especially with the QB of Ensley’s caliber.

Not a diss, just simply an observation.

The Huntingdon style of offense plays into what Cornersville excels in; Smashmouth football. I feel more comfortable in a game played in the box instead of someone (Greenback) being able to toss that thing around.

If you think Huntingdon can't throw it you are sadly mistaken. Ensley has a cannon. It's not in Swenson's DNA to throw the ball. I think it really bothers him to have to pass. Go ahead and sell out to stop the run that's exactly what he wants you to do. Ensley may only pass 4 or 5 times a game but they usually go for TDs

1 hour ago, Dawgpower1 said:

Just ask Jobres76 for some film. Based on his previous Cornersville stat post, he is willing to share any information to Cornersville's opponents. He must be a Huntingdon fan or a Cornersville insider who is not smart enough to shut up. I guess some just want to see their self at relevant. Which they are not.

Seriously dude? We are on the same side here. Stats are stats and film is film. Stats can be found anywhere and the fact that they are that impressive is something to be proud about. You will NEVER catch ME sharing any film anywhere. The only one I care to be relevant to is not on this earth. 

5 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

It’s just rare to see such a prolific offense with such low passing stats, especially with the QB of Ensley’s caliber.

Not a diss, just simply an observation.

The Huntingdon style of offense plays into what Cornersville excels in; Smashmouth football. I feel more comfortable in a game played in the box instead of someone (Greenback) being able to toss that thing around.

I get what you're saying. But you should know enough about Huntingdon's offense by now. That's just not Swenson's style. I've seen 4th and 14 plays where he's run the ball. I can say with honesty that most Huntingdon fans would LOVE to see him let Ensley open it up more. The times that he has gotten to have been exciting.

Mt Pleasant thought they could put 11 guys in the box and not worry. He threw for over 100 yards in the 2nd quarter. They backed up and we started gashing them on the ground.

Also, I wouldn't call Huntingdon's style of offense "smashmouth." It's more misdirection than anything. That doesn't mean it's not physical. Just that we don't line up and try to stick it down your throat every play.

Just now, sportsnutz said:

I get what you're saying. But you should know enough about Huntingdon's offense by now. That's just not Swenson's style. I've seen 4th and 14 plays where he's run the ball. I can say with honesty that most Huntingdon fans would LOVE to see him let Ensley open it up more. The times that he has gotten to have been exciting.

Mt Pleasant thought they could put 11 guys in the box and not worry. He threw for over 100 yards in the 2nd quarter. They backed up and we started gashing them on the ground.

Also, I wouldn't call Huntingdon's style of offense "smashmouth." It's more misdirection than anything. That doesn't mean it's not physical. Just that we don't line up and try to stick it down your throat every play.

That’s what got Swenson beat last year. He wouldn’t open it up.

• CoachT locked this topic